Personality Cafe banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Never buy soft drinks at fast food places, its a compete price knock up of at least 100% (standard 16oz medium drinks vs store price). Ask for a cup for water and fill it up with soda and not feel anything about it ( no dat_feel.jpg). A standard 2L bottled soft drink is the best value for money (around .3c/oz). And can sodas are going to be ~5% more expensive because you are paying extra for metal. Don't get me started on the value of bottled water and tap, I might rage looking at the math behind it. This insight should save a consumer thousands of dollars over their lifetime.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I generally put off buying things until I have to. The only exception to this would be groceries and even then I procrastinate.
I hate to go out for buying things even when I barely have any food in the fridge, and about buying clothes I only get some new when the old ones are too full of holes xD something similar happens with other stuff too.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Clothes: my mom still buys me shit off the sales rack at Steinmart. Thanks, mom!

It took her sixty years, but she finally understands fashion outside of her quirky ISFP framework. I like clean lines, not weird patterns. :confused:

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have once bought a juice with like 2% fruit content in it, when I tasted it I was like WTF is this and then I looked at the box and there was fruit content at least 2%... It was in the middle of 100% juices so fuck me....

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use baking soda and water (1 tsp:1 cup for me, but you can play around with it) for shampoo and it works really, really well. Way better than a lot of drugstore shampoos. I also make my own body moisturizer and lip balm by heating up cosmetic grade beeswax/shea butter and carrier oils (almond oil works well and is cheap). Here's a pretty simple recipe. Another cool money saving thing is recycling old candles to make new ones.

·
Banned
279 Posts
I'm am very diligent in my purchasing and do much research (non food items). If I can improvise, like do a task with household items like duct tape, I will. I hate using my money when I can fix it myself or make do without.

Ex. My mom wants to buy Apple TV for Netflix. Me: "NOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't waste over $100 when we can buy a $10 HDMI cable to hook up the TV with the computer 6ft away)

1)I ignore the visual appeal of the product and look for logical fallacies in the advertising schemes that could subconsciously sway my opinoin so I can form the best objective opinion on my purchase. I will not allow myself to fall prey to these tricks. Very critical and skeptical.

2) Look at all sorts of online reviews, adequate product comparison videos, ratings, and compare features and prices. Never because it's "hip and popular" or flashy. It's never worth the inflated price. (Dre Beats, Bose products, acne products, Skull Candy, Mac computers)

3) I look for the best product within my budget, then go on Ebay to find the cheapest possible auction or buy-sale with free shipping for this item.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
not always, I generally modify my purchases based on my means. I base most things based on economics... if I'm spending too much time on one thing trying to "save" it would be easier to buy it and spend my time making money elsewhere. Overall I live pretty minimalist and would sell everything I owned tomorrow if I needed to.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Never buy soft drinks at fast food places, its a compete price knock up of at least 100% (standard 16oz medium drinks vs store price). Ask for a cup for water and fill it up with soda and not feel anything about it ( no dat_feel.jpg). A standard 2L bottled soft drink is the best value for money (around .3c/oz). And can sodas are going to be ~5% more expensive because you are paying extra for metal. Don't get me started on the value of bottled water and tap, I might rage looking at the math behind it. This insight should save a consumer thousands of dollars over their lifetime.
That would be called stealing of course. Just saying. I have no feelings about things like running a stop sign when nobody is there. My question is, why don't you steal more things?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.