·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Not even close.

Reactions: Functianalyst

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
1 person once said I looked like a hippy because of my hair. And I shower once every 3 days, sometimes 4. But I'm not a hippy since hippies are liberal in nature and I'm no liberal.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah, but that's because I like old music and protests and I look like Janis Joplin. But otherwise I don't have enough love to spread around and do endless singalongs around the fire :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha maybe my type is ISFP. I could be completely content to just move to Cali and be the biggest hippie and not get anything done

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been called a hippie and a gypsy. I think it's my "live and let live" attitude, I don't know. It's certainly not because of the way I dress, speak, places I hang out, music I listen to, or my activism (I am not an activist). Mostly people have just said I have a "vibe" that reminds them of hippies and/or gypsies.

<shrug> People are stupid - everyone wants to put you in a box and classify you as *something*. Whatever.

·
Registered
547 Posts
do you smoke pot or other recreational drugs? Because that'll usually do it.

Since i don't reek of hash and I abhor unicorn fantasies, this has never happened to me. :happy:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't smoke a whole lot of pot anymore, but I have on occasion smoked hard with my friends. The music I listen to might have something to do with it too.

·
Registered
689 Posts
... Daily marijuana use, as well as... All other substances. LOL

I also think this happened because my Ni developed muchas earlier than other ISTPs, making my functions look like:
Ti
Ni
Se
Fe

The Ti and Ni in the Primary and Secondary positions, with Se in the Tertiary position, made it actually seem like I was INTP in high school. After high school, my Se began to develop. The budding Se with the overactive Ni actually gave me the strong impression that I was Ne-Dominant after high school.

Now, I'm settling into me Se-ness and I'm very happy. :]

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hate pot, never tried any other drugs, I don't wear patchouli, tie dye, or ... macrame' looking shit, I don't listen to the Dead or Phish, and you won't find a rainbow, unicorn, dancing rainbow teddy bears, or any other acid/60's paraphernalia anywhere in my house, car, or on my body.

I have no freaking clue why I've been called a hippie.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Does anyone here say goodbye by just saying "Peace" and putting up the two fingers? Or is that just the ISTP I know? He's really chill.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^Yeah, sometimes. I picked it up from my brother-in-law. But it's not a hippie "peace", it's a more "peace out, homies." My BIL uses a different word that "homies", but the other word is not very appropriate, haha. So, I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: cbelle and Rhee

·
Registered
51 Posts
It seems to happen somewhat frequently to me. Is this common among my fellow ISTPs? lol.

never, i am told to smile a lot though.

Does anyone here say goodbye by just saying "Peace" and putting up the two fingers? Or is that just the ISTP I know? He's really chill.
i have, but i show the back of my hand and keep it by my chest. im typically just being playful when i do this. i also shorten later to late.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts