Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are you at carrying out your strategies and plans? Do your actions flow and run as smoothly as a river or as rough as a rushing rapid? Can you mutitask with your plans?

I'm actually pretty good with carrying out my plans. I managed make As in my classes in high school while skipping class everyday and shitting around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im an intp. i hate planning probably because ive never done it before and i dont have the experience and the satisfaction of knowing that if i plan something that i really want i can get it. and i dont have the commitment i guess, the follow through.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
I'm very good at carrying out my plans and I always have a strategy, predicting possible snafus that can come along.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

Depends on the plans and what likelihood it had at succeeding. My plans for world domination aren't going so great ya know. At the same time, other strategies can work out well as I'm still alive after all.

I can go from the tranquil pond without any ripples to full on rushing rapids depending on many factors. Some plans require split-second timing in their execution and can be quite tricky to execute various contingencies if the initial plan is a bust. Other times I may just be reflecting and pondering my next move.

I almost always have to multitask with my plans as different objectives may clash here and there. For example, I am trying to keep my job, still get some exercise, eat properly and maintain my sanity most days. Some may not see that as multi-tasking but I do.

I almost always have a few plans up my sleeve at any given moment. How many I use and what I do with them is my business.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I generally only make plans that are feasible. My planning will often take a back seat, and I will collect information and store it in the back of my mind. I'm more of a long range planner. Although, I do make little schedules and such in my mind daily, and receive a sense of accomplishment by completing them.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The high school bit is a piece of cake. You and I both know that our education system is severely lacking in bringing any value to students. But good job though, even with simple courses some students still manage to fail.

As far as planning and carrying through, I never find any personal goal out of reach. The only thing that clouds my plans from always flourishing are other people involved. To me, people are the most difficult variable to account for since they can almost be unpredictable at times. This is why I always try to work on my impression management.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yup when I have my mind set on something...I won't stop until I get it! Even if that involves changing my plans along the way, I make sure I reach my goal!

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The high school bit is a piece of cake. You and I both know that our education system is severely lacking in bringing any value to students. But good job though, even with simple courses some students still manage to fail.

As far as planning and carrying through, I never find any personal goal out of reach. The only thing that clouds my plans from always flourishing are other people involved. To me, people are the most difficult variable to account for since they can almost be unpredictable at times. This is why I always try to work on my impression management.
That is a very good point about people. They can end up acting in ways very contradictory to the way you want them to and end up wreaking havoc upon your plans. You can usually get SJs to act in the exact way you want them to yet SPs can go their own way and NTs can end up reading right through your plans, thus, ending up derailing them if they so wish. That can be such a bother. :dry:

Lol, INTJs, the masters of planning as well as making their plans work. :tongue:

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
Interesting concepts being presented. I am organizing a conference which will take place in the fall. The planning started in February. The NF member could see the bigger picture and the goal. Granted the individual had some ideas which would make things more complicated, but this was easily dealt when I explained that it would be logistical nightmare and that it would put a strain on our resources. The SJ members you give them their assignments and off they go.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I made plans to get my goal, I didn't set huge goals though, I usually got higher "grades" than my goals and it's important to gain self-respect for me..

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Oddly, I am not so good with the planning all the time. If it's a specific project needing to be done for an outside source, I'm great, (and oddly reminiscent of Dear Sigmund in approach)

...but I have a frightening tendency to turn into an INTP whenever the project belongs to me... like my career. This only seems to progress when I am looking the other way and a person then wanders to my desk and says "hey... would you like a promotion and pay raise to come work for me?" or phones up and says "want to write an article for my book? it has all the most famous people in the field in it."

... uh, sure ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts