Personality Cafe banner

can a quiet person and an awkward person maintain a strong relationship?

• yes, anything is possible, they can.

Votes: 43 95.6%
  • no, it's too hard, they cannot.

Votes: 2 4.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
649 Posts
Yes. I think it depends on how into each other they are and how willing and determined they are to let the relationship work and stay healthy.

·
Banned
875 Posts
...provided the quiet person is not awkward and the awkward person is not quiet...but if they both are...there still would be a way..though i don't like similar relationships...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yep. I know from experience... it's happened!

Introverts finding each other can be both an awkward and a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Yeah they can. Lol I think to myself I'm awkward. Some females I've meet up with like shy, quiet guys. Some like them than loud, arrogant guy. I guess where I go wrong with girls is not expressing myself to them more verbally. They lose interest if your too quiet.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
What is quiet? What is awkward?

Being quiet is not inherently a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with being a person of few words. And often times, there will be situations where a quiet person will really love to talk and share their opinion. We humans are social by nature, and even the quietest of people can hold a conversation. As long as a person is capable of communicating their needs, wants, opinions, etc. when it matters most in the relationship, I don't see why it couldn't work.

So, there are many ways you can be awkward. I'm going to guess that you mean awkward in the sense of having difficulty saying the right thing in social situations, difficulty translating thoughts into coherent words under pressure, feelings of discomfort in social situations, or having uncommon mannerisms. A quiet person might actually be the best with an awkward person because they would take the time to see past all that (presumably). Awkward people all have their comfort zones, and it's just a matter of these two people being comfortable together. Obviously, they would have to get to know each other and be in the right settings for this to happen.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I didn't read what everyone wrote, so this may be a repeat. But, basically, I think the "quiet" person/"awkward" person thing is more of an "in the beginning" issue. Once a relationship is established, things (hopefully) get more comfortable and, though it may take more effort to ensure regular communication takes place, I don't see how "maintaining" a relationship would be difficult for people just because they may be more quiet or awkward than some.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, 'quiet' and 'awkward' is not enough of a description to see whether those two people could get along. There are many quiet and awkward people in the world who could never get along and many quiet and awkward people in the world who could be best friends. Relationships depend on much more than that.

I see how it could be a bit hard in the beginning, but if that's the only obstacle, it's hardly enough to entirely prevent a relationship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts