Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an INFP and i find it very upsetting to live my life this way

I retook the jung test answering the question with the idea of who I would like to be
and it came up with INFJ

Do you think its possible to pick and choose what you want?

I dont like Introverted Feeling as my dominant function

Yes my values are important but it seems like thats all I know about myself
my values my values blah blah everything I do or everything other people do I judge by my values

the end I dont know anything else about myself

I have creative interests but I cant express myself
I care about people but I cant seem to express my feelings or show them how much I care
Im unaware of what people are up to manipulation etc.

Its just awful

Is there something in my function I need to develop better?
If I change my main function to Extraverted Intuition how would my thinking work?
Is this even possible?

Advice please if you can
Thank you :/

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It could be you are trying to live in a box that others have designed but you were meant to live in. People try to change me to fit them. I have learned to be me and live with my functions instead of living in the box others want to mold me into. That was the conflict for me. My main functions was never my problem. Other people was my problem.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
No you cannot change your main function. Main function is developing from very early age until you reach about 10-13 years of age then auxiliary function starts developing along-side. This personality stuff actually corresponds to the way your brain has been wired. As you are growing up, so is your brain growing and establishing connections between neuron cells that reinforce your personality. After early teens your MBTI type is pretty much set.
You can read more about it here: personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/1037-how-personality-types-develop.html

Changing personality types would actually require your brain to re-wire itself which isn't possible. There is some room for variation but not that big as to allow you to completely change your personality. The test can give different results as people sometimes answer it to correspond to what they want to be rather than what they are really like. It may vary according to mood, stress levels, and wishes of the person taking it. It doesn't mean those people changed their type, just that they didn't accurately answer the questions on the test to correspond to their natural type.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You CAN develop your inferior functions, though.
And remember your type is just a PREFERENCE.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I always try to fit into other's peoples schedules and plans, laws and regulations,
values and goals, and just about anything else people want me to adapt to and be like.
After about four to five months my mask will crack and I'll become a real dick.
Sometimes I'm in constant dick-mode just to make people stay away from
me to begin with, that way they're not up for any nasty surprises later on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts