Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I discovered the personality type that fits me best I've been wondering.

Can an ISFP be an ISFP and have Psychic abilities as well?

The descriptions don't say anything about it.

I find that I'm very spiritual and I possess a certain degree of psychic ability, empathy,telepathy and clairvoyance.

I've always been very empathic and recently I"ve been developing my clairvoyant and telepathic abilities.

So, what I'm asking is.... do any of you other ISFP's have psychic abilities?

Or do you believe in them?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I don't think that anyone can be Psychic no matter the type. Having said that, I think that certain types are better at processing certian information that can seem or feel like being Psychic.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I don't think that anyone can be Psychic no matter the type. Having said that, I think that certain types are better at processing certian information that can seem or feel like being Psychic. "

I can respect your opinion and understand your point of view on that.

Everyone has there point of view.

Thank you for sharing yours.:happy:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Shouldn't you already know the answer to this? "

Ya, I think I do actually. :wink:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And what is your answer?
Yes, I'm almost certain people who are ISFP's are psychic,but you're not an ISFP.

I'd appreciate it you would stop teasing me about this though.

I was only asking a question.

Not looking for a debate.

I was hoping an ISFP would give me an honest answer.

Thank you for your input though, appreciate it.

It helps me see other people's points of view on this matter. :happy:

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Yes, I'm almost certain people who are ISFP's are psychic,but you're not an ISFP.

I'd appreciate it you would stop teasing me about this though.

I was only asking a question.

Not looking for a debate.

I was hoping an ISFP would give me an honest answer.

Thank you for your input though, appreciate it.

It helps me see other people's points of view on this matter. :happy:
I really didn't mean for that to sound like me teasing you. I was truly interested in what you had to say. Can I ask a question though?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really didn't mean for that to sound like me teasing you. I was truly interested in what you had to say. Can I ask a question though?
I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

I hope I wasn't rude to you.

Yes, of course you can ask a question.

My apologies again.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

I hope I wasn't rude to you.

Yes, of course you can ask a question.

My apologies again.
Hahah don't worry about it, it's fine. I'm sorry that it made you feel that way.

Okay do you like facts and the concrete or the fuzzy and unknown?

I'm not asking this to pick on you, I am trying to understand something about SP's and NJ's. Just trust me. Or not whatever.

Also, other ISFP's feel free to answer.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahah don't worry about it, it's fine. I'm sorry that it made you feel that way.

Okay do you like facts and the concrete or the fuzzy and unknown?

I'm not asking this to pick on you, I am trying to understand something about SP's and NJ's. Just trust me. Or not whatever.

Also, other ISFP's feel free to answer.

Me personally, I like both.

I believe that there's a fine line between occult(the unknown) matters and what we/you consider reality.

My thought processes also tend to vary between dreamy and realistic.

I just discovered my personality type so I'm not sure about other ISFP's or even NJ's.

I understand what you're trying to do now. :happy:

I'm used to being picked on by people for my thoughts and even behaviors on certain things and so I'm almost ready to be defensive when I should just be ready, not already defensive. :tongue:

It's just the way that you approached it... you know.

Feel free to ask other questions.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Me personally, I like both.

I believe that there's a fine line between occult(the unknown) matters and what we/you consider reality.

My thought processes also tend to vary between dreamy and realistic.

I just discovered my personality type so I'm not sure about other ISFP's or even NJ's.

I understand what you're trying to do now. :happy:

I'm used to being picked on by people for my thoughts and even behaviors on certain things and so I'm almost ready to be defensive when I should just be ready, not already defensive. :tongue:

It's just the way that you approached it... you know.

Feel free to ask other questions.
Well, IDK, a lot of S's ISFP's, ESTP's (that I know and have been around) (not saying that all are like this) will say that they depend or trust facts more. But also are into paganism, telepathy, star signs, and stuff like that. I'm just trying to understand how you can do both? It confuzzels me!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, IDK, a lot of S's ISFP's, ESTP's (that I know and have been around) (not saying that all are like this) will say that they depend or trust facts more. But also are into paganism, telepathy, star signs, and stuff like that. I'm just trying to understand how you can do both? It confuzzels me!
:laughing: I can see how you that might be confuzzeling. (i like that word)

I'm a concrete thinker and I have to have things clarified for me as far as learning/schooling goes also I learn better hands on.

I trust actions only because people don't always keep there word.

Reality for me is difficult and painful even though it has to be faced.

I think that's where the middle ground comes in and causes ISFP's,maybe, to go the other direction into a world of beauty,creativity and mystical phenomena.

There's the possibility that ISFP's think with both sides of there brain at the same time to.
They may also enlist realistic objects to use as conduits for spiritual energy which would be paganism(uses wands,stones,alters) ,telepathy would use the brain as an energy conduit using the brain, astrology uses visual symbols and provides a map work for them to see.

Does this help any or am I rambling, I don't always have a way with words:laughing:

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
:laughing: I can see how you that might be confuzzeling. (i like that word)

I'm a concrete thinker and I have to have things clarified for me as far as learning/schooling goes also I learn better hands on.

I trust actions only because people don't always keep there word.

Reality for me is difficult and painful even though it has to be faced.

I think that's where the middle ground comes in and causes ISFP's,maybe, to go the other direction into a world of beauty,creativity and mystical phenomena.

There's the possibility that ISFP's think with both sides of there brain at the same time to.
They may also enlist realistic objects to use as conduits for spiritual energy which would be paganism(uses wands,stones,alters) ,telepathy would use the brain as an energy conduit using the brain, astrology uses visual symbols and provides a map work for them to see.

Does this help any or am I rambling, I don't always have a way with words:laughing:
I kinda helps. I don't know for me the two are mutually exclusive. But that's just me. Everybody is different.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I wouldn't call it psychic ability. That would presume the gift is derived wholly from yourself. Those gifts, if they are good, are bestowed.

But yes, I know an ISFP that has such abilities that are beyond astounding. Personally, I have verified her abilities, and once understanding them, I have ever so subtly tapped into what ability has been granted to me.

People with weak "psychic" abilities may not understand how or why their abilities exist. There is a reason, and perhaps in time it will become clear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Before you start speculating about "psychic" abilities, I want you to think about some of the abilities you already have. Think specifically about hearing. You have the ability to detect specific, minute vibrations with a tremendous degree of accuracy. Hearing is amazing.

So why is hearing not considered a "psychic" ability? It's not considered a psychic ability because people have it. Psychic, paranormal, and supernatural are all words that, by definition, describe things that are not real.

The question, "Do I have psychic abilities?" when asked by a non-fictional person is therefore self-contradictory.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I kinda helps. I don't know for me the two are mutually exclusive. But that's just me. Everybody is different.
I wish I could help better.

Sometimes it's difficult to explain how I operate.

Hopefully someday I'll find the right words.

·
Registered
116 Posts
People with weak "psychic" abilities may not understand how or why their abilities exist. There is a reason, and perhaps in time it will become clear.
Delusion, perhaps?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts