Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy.

So I've been typed by 2-3 people on here, and have typed myself from a video series I watched on all the functions. Every time, the result was ISFP. Even my boyfriend and a friend suggested I was more introverted because of how caught up in my own emotions I seem to be. I used to think I was ESFP and they both didn't understand why I ever thought so.

However, I find I pretty frequently get ENFP on different versions of the actual test. One time I even answered a test with the opposite of what I found fit me best and got ISTJ.

Why/how might this be possible? Is it because I'm an Enneagram 2..?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Firstly, I don't understand why anyone finds the opposite answers test helpful because if you can answer the opposite then you can answer truthfully the first time anyway so it won't change your result? Of course the letters get flipped but it doesn't change anything. Perhaps reading up what the opposing type is like is useful though to know what personality you fight against becoming.

I think ennaegram 2 can relate to any strong feeler. Do you think being an intuitive makes more sense for 2?

I think on the surface, yeah, ISFP and ENFP can look similar.

Do you understand the differences between Se and Ne? What about sensing and intuition do you relate to and what do you not? What makes you think you are an extravert and everyone else think you are an introvert?

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Falling Foxes

I think the reason people think the opposite answers-thing works is that sometimes it's easier to say what you don't like, rather than what you do. Perhaps because you know what you DO like so well that it's easy to over-analyze, but you definitely know what isn't like you.

I've never thought about whether or not E2 relates to being an N or not, so I can't say.

Why do you feel they can look similar?

And I feel I have a decent grasp on functions. If you have Se, you take in your surroundings with the five senses and that's your main focus. With Ne, you're disconnected moreso from the senses and think about what things could be. The problem is I do things so subconsciously/habitually that it's simply hard for me to say which I do more of. I think it would help if I was just asked something like "Which of these two options would you do in (insert everyday situation)?" and have both options be pretty specific.

As for the I/E divide, I think it's just because sometimes I just can't tell which function is my most dominant.

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
Yes on the surface isfp and enfp can appear alike. My isfp best guy friend is the male version of me - we are both emotionally aware, enjoy films and art, up to try new things and bad with practical matters , we kinda talk alike- share the same values and share the same hobbies
Cognitively- our fi is very similar - same value- handle things the same way- love introspecting self and mbti.
He doesn't use Ne- and I definitely dont understand Se-Ni. I see the big picture - miss out on details- find connection with everything and excel at abstract knowledge. He is very detail oriented, embraces his 5 senses, enjoys changing the environment and tends to get aha moment ( something I will never understand) , he's horrible with routines- time management and doesn't have the need to categorize everything- unlike me he doesn't get trapped in the past when at his ut most pain, he's much more aware of our environment and his bodily function than I am .
When interacting with him its full on fi- he loves introspecting himself with me

With my istp husband my isfp bff kinda turns into an esfp- very loud, energetic and seek that adrenaline rush ( his Se comes out to play)

So yeah I think enfp and isfp can be alike

Oh yeah, some of the enfps on this forum think Jared Leto ( obvious isfp, if you were to observe him and read his interview ) is an Enfp.

Likewise- I found out on PerC that I look like an isfp whatever that means

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
So Ne is constantly thinking of possibilities for things. Possibilities and connections between ideas. Schemes, dreams. I am constantly saying to people, "You could start a..... You could make a..... It would work if you......."
I'd say if you test ISFP a bunch of times and if you are kind of an outgoing introvert then to people who don't see N and S very clearly that you could come across as this nice and accepting person. I mean ISFP and ENFP usually love music and are creative with art, and we have similar values a lot of the time because of that shared Fi.... we are kind, we are accepting, we have strong values. So I really enjoy and respect ISFPs... also play me some of that music! All the time! (I don't know if you are musical, though). But ISFPs are not going to be seeing those possibilities constantly and instantly in their outside world. My creativity with my outside world is lighting quick, it's not going to take me more than 30 seconds to come up with a detailed project on how to increase patient satisfaction in a certain area of my expertise once given the data and if I am familiar with the surroundings.... it's only going to take me time helping others understand the vision and network. Similarly, it's only going to take me 30 seconds of listening to someone talk before I can come up with several ideas of what might help them with whatever problem they are facing. The other ENFPs are the same. =) Because it's our strong suit. Yours is feelings and the outside tangible world--- so how to play that beautiful guitar to express your inner-most feelings..... LOVE ISFPs! =)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
@Falling Foxes

I think the reason people think the opposite answers-thing works is that sometimes it's easier to say what you don't like, rather than what you do. Perhaps because you know what you DO like so well that it's easy to over-analyze, but you definitely know what isn't like you.
Thanks for explaining it like that. When I asked before I just got "just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for us". But that's strange that people find it easier to know what they are not... I feel like there's infinite possibilities of what I'm not. I define myself very much by what I like but not the opposite. I guess I'm an outlier though.

I've never thought about whether or not E2 relates to being an N or not, so I can't say.

Why do you feel they can look similar?
Because people can often pick up on Fi easily and often can't work out the difference between Se and Ne. Most of the time they notice that both are adventurous and fun loving but can't see beyond that.

And I feel I have a decent grasp on functions. If you have Se, you take in your surroundings with the five senses and that's your main focus. With Ne, you're disconnected moreso from the senses and think about what things could be. The problem is I do things so subconsciously/habitually that it's simply hard for me to say which I do more of.
I'll stop you right there because this was the question I was going to ask next. Do you react instinctually? Because Se does this. I'm incredibly conscious of Ne because it's constantly running through my mind. Ne doesn't shut up, it keeps your mind running.

Do you daydream? Or do you just zone out?

I think it would help if I was just asked something like "Which of these two options would you do in (insert everyday situation)?" and have both options be pretty specific.
I would if I had a better idea of what goes on in a Se dom/aux mind... But I think because they are sensors they can't give me an internal monologue to help me understand them better because they are less conscious of it.

As for the I/E divide, I think it's just because sometimes I just can't tell which function is my most dominant.
But you are confident of Fi and it's the most apparent? Sounds like a safe bet it's Fi, although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@ai.tran.75 -- So categorizing is something indicative of Ne? It's not something I can say I do because I don't have the patience to break things down. Also, thank you for listing off examples of every day differences between the two. I think that's what I need, without really knowing that that's what I needed, lol.

@Alesha - Thank you! Likewise, I really like ENFPs and ESFPs. I could go into listing all the reasons why but it would take way too long. xD And question, then: if you have a problem, what is your response/what is your first instinct when it comes to solving it? From what you said, I think I likely have Se -- if I try, I can probably come up with different outcomes, but usually I take the first one I think of and tend to react (negatively, because I'm kind of a pessimist. But still.) I'm wondering what you might be like as opposed to that.

@Falling Foxes -- So if I'm in a situation where someone is giving me the option to decide between two choices, it takes a lot of patience for me to think about everything each option has to offer. Usually I just wanna get it over with and honestly hate reading into stuff because I just wanna act. I don't know if that tells you anything. It sucks, because I know what the functions mean, but I don't really know what it would mean to execute them =_= And I know you said that would be hard to describe, for an Se user. Maybe the next best thing is for me to just talk about what I do regularly.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure of my Fi, just for the fact that I care a lot about things being fair/morally correct.

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
@Shuyler

I believe categorizing is a combination of Ne-Te. NE all these ideas, facts, question etc
TE help organize it into categories or make list of pros and cons

Also enfp have Te tert- so the usage is different than when Te is in an inferior position for an isfp

Organization gives me a headache as well - for example my Enfj mother can turn a ugly messy living place into a dream home- in my case I'll clean it but don't know where to put what so it'll look organize haha

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
@Alesha - Thank you! Likewise, I really like ENFPs and ESFPs. I could go into listing all the reasons why but it would take way too long. xD And question, then: if you have a problem, what is your response/what is your first instinct when it comes to solving it? From what you said, I think I likely have Se -- if I try, I can probably come up with different outcomes, but usually I take the first one I think of and tend to react (negatively, because I'm kind of a pessimist. But still.) I'm wondering what you might be like as opposed to that.
Yes, you have Se for sure from your question here. And Se's are so good at knowing their environment that following that gut feeling is usually going to work out fine, and you have lived long enough to know it. You also know you can handle whatever comes if it was the wrong decision. This is different than N's. So the main thing with Intuition--- and INtuition is the ENFPs very strongest mode of living, so this is very developed--- is that we can see possibilities easily. So this means when faced with a problem I can imagine several different ways to proceed and I can predict the outcome and how it would turn out just like as if I was telling a story. Like I can SEE the end result of the choice with clarity and no problem. Usually I can sort through these ideas really quickly and figure out which one is the best idea-- and I usually can do this in 20 seconds so that if I was talking to someone I could reply immediately with what I think the best plan is and then ENFPs get better at explaining these plans as we get older to other people. If I need time to develop the plan because it's a big project or new material (I keep thinking of work situations) then I take some time and come up with written plans to give to others. Sometimes we will say things that make perfect sense to us because our minds have already jumped forward and it's really clear to us and so we expect other minds to do the same. Sometimes if we're just having fun we will point out connections randomly because.... I don't know, we think connections between random things are fun. From what I hear S's usually think this is so random and crazy... anyway, N is useful for coming up with schemes and how to implement stuff. So I'm trying to think of an example because that's the best way for all of us to learn anything. Nothing is coming yet. It's not like we are good at timing ourselves (we're not) or planning out what to do on a time-management level. It's more like we just can see a sequence of events kicked off by one action and different branches of that and sometimes that happens so quickly that we are talking about the end product without even connecting the dots for the S's around us. Usually if I slow down and try to say something like "Doing this will lead to this which will lead to that which will produce X" then usually S's have less problems with me. I don't know if I explained it well. But you are an S. =)
By the way, is Shuyler from Hamilton? Love those Shuyler girls!

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
-My xSFP cousin thought I would have the same personality type as her for a long time.

-I'm convinced I'm the 21st century Vietnamese Pocahontas. I'm even more convinced that she's ENFP.

-Apparently she's ISFP. Boo.

So...Yeah.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
-My xSFP cousin thought I would have the same personality type as her for a long time.

-I'm convinced I'm the 21st century Vietnamese Pocahontas. I'm even more convinced that she's ENFP.

So...Yeah.
Woah.

That's like... really convinced. :shocked:

How dare someone tell you otherwise!? I'm just as certain of being a medieval fork as I am that your judgment is correct, so forget that erroneous conclusion! Who needs it?

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Woah.

That's like... really convinced. :shocked:

How dare someone tell you otherwise!? I'm just as certain of being a medieval fork as I am that your judgment is correct, so forget that erroneous conclusion! Who needs it?
So what kind of medieval fork are you? We have to have nice medieval forks around here, you know. =)

Reactions: Librarian

·
Registered
7,976 Posts

So...Yeah.
I love Pocahontas... and I totally think Pocahontas is ENFP. I think most of the Disney princesses are just like how hollywood is supposedly over-run with us. But of course she is! "Should I choose the smoothest course? Should I marry Cocoum? Is all my dreaming at an end?" Colors of the Wind.... oh heck yeah, she's ENFP. But see... she's not a real person in the movie, they can make a character have different traits because she didn't have to develop.... so could be some ISFP too. But hey no... her standing up to her dad... a leader. Whatever. . ENFP. =)
Also Vietnamese Pocahontas...lovely. =)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
So what kind of medieval fork are you? We have to have nice medieval forks around here, you know. =)
Oh, I'm the sort that people refused to eat with because Forks here in the Medieval ages are still considered unholy. You know, because apparently it's disrespect to god to not use the hands he gave you to grab food. Kinda gross, so I guess I can't complain about people refusing to use me as a utensil, given their hands aren't very clean. Though I am jealous of the spoons and knives of the world; why am I the only table item with a stigma?

(not even making up the fork origin I swear.)

I love Pocahontas... and I totally think Pocahontas is ENFP. I think most of the Disney princesses are just like how hollywood is supposedly over-run with us. But of course she is! "Should I choose the smoothest course? Should I marry Cocoum? Is all my dreaming at an end?" Colors of the Wind.... oh heck yeah, she's ENFP. But see... she's not a real person in the movie, they can make a character have different traits because she didn't have to develop.... so could be some ISFP too. But hey no... her standing up to her dad... a leader. Whatever. . ENFP. =)
Also Vietnamese Pocahontas...lovely. =)
Never thought of ENFP for her, I guess I always saw her as a sensor addict? (you know, jumping off waterfalls for the heck of it at a moments notice.) But I like her better then say, Ariel; right @Alassea ? ;)

Regardless, a world without a good ENFP Princess should be a crime punishable by law. And I'm a stereotypical SJ, so I can totally make it a law (lol I wish.)

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
Oh, I'm the sort that people refused to eat with because Forks here in the Medieval ages are still considered unholy. You know, because apparently it's disrespect to god to not use the hands he gave you to grab food. Kinda gross, so I guess I can't complain about people refusing to use me as a utensil, given their hands aren't very clean. Though I am jealous of the spoons and knives of the world; why am I the only table item with a stigma?

(not even making up the fork origin I swear.)

Never thought of ENFP for her, I guess I always saw her as a sensor addict? (you know, jumping off waterfalls for the heck of it at a moments notice.) But I like her better then say, Ariel; right @Alassea ? ;)

Regardless, a world without a good ENFP Princess should be a crime punishable by law. And I'm a stereotypical SJ, so I can totally make it a law (lol I wish.)
I agree- pochohantas is a sensor - esfp I'm guessing
"Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sun sweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

How high will the sycamore grow
If you cut it down, then you'll never know"

Every word is in the moment and describe what's actually there . She is most alive when engaging in her 5 senses, she's spatially aware and adapt well to change. She hates traditions ( Se)
I think her fi aux is what made her seem enfp like- she's driven by values and won't back down on them . But yeah running throw forest - jumping down waterfalls - thirst for adrenalin- running around feeling everything. Yeah esfp sounds right

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
I agree- pochohantas is a sensor - esfp I'm guessing
"Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sun sweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

How high will the sycamore grow
If you cut it down, then you'll never know"

Every word is in the moment and describe what's actually there . She is most alive when engaging in her 5 senses, she's spatially aware and adapt well to change. She hates traditions ( Se)
I think her fi aux is what made her seem enfp like- she's driven by values and won't back down on them . But yeah running throw forest - jumping down waterfalls - thirst for adrenalin- running around feeling everything. Yeah esfp sounds right

Those lyrics are rather Se... but we could write all that too, no? I don't know, I love those lyrics. Anyway, I want to jump off cliffs and run in forests and taste berries and make friends with herons and otters... but like I say: A character is going to be different than a real person who has to develop preferences. Cartoons can do whatever they want especially if they are created by 20 people with lyrics created by the 21st person.... So. =)

Reactions: Librarian

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
But I like her better then say, Ariel; right @Alassea ? ;)

Can't tell whether you're trying to put my type down, be patronizing, be creepy or all of the above. ;^)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Can't tell whether you're trying to put my type down, be patronizing, be creepy or all of the above. ;^)
Lol, my post accomplished all that?

Seriously, I was just joking about Ariel perhaps not being the best ENFP to represent ENFPs.

The stuff at the end was my randomness (;

·
Registered
159 Posts
From the early stage, My gf judge how similar I am to her x by our FI and TE. So yes, Isfp can seem like an enfp by their strong decision and weak execution. "Hey that cute pup needs some love, let's adopt it." (2 months later) "Sorry puppy, I overestimated or underinvested my ability to take care of you. I have to take you back now. We had good times right? :) "

1 - 20 of 20 Posts