Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
- I'm a girl, turning 16 next year. I'd say I'm a little stressed and feeling unproductive because I have a lot of free time now 馃ゲ. I'm used to studying and working a lot. I'm not a native English speaker, so sometimes I might sound weird (feel free to ask if you're not sure about what I write).

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Water Water resources Natural environment Natural landscape Plant

- Here's the image. It's very beautiful. I think it might be a great place to visit (if legal and safe etc). I wonder why the leaves are yellow but none of them fall in the lakes. Maybe someone cleaned them (and this means this place can be visited?), maybe the tree leaves are naturally yellow, maybe it's photoshopped. Just random thoughts though, hehe.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
- First I'll try if I can get it to start, if after a few tries and it doesn't, I'll just think of a solution (and ask others to see if they can do anything too), so that we won't waste time. After we find a solution and continue on our way to the concert, I may reflect and think of possible reasons that make the car breaks down.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
- I don't have any opinions about the party. The driver can go if they want to. But I'll make sure to pay attention to them or get someone to do that, and if I can't, I'll think of what to do when the driver drinks. Maybe take a cab, public transportation or call another person to take us home etc.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
- I think it's normal to have different beliefs, and it can be annoying when they deny something factual, but I don't really care because that's their thing and it doesn't harm me. If it's related to morality I may feel angry if they support something that I see as immoral. But I'll keep my calm and ask them why they think that way, then explain my views. If they get aggressive and refuse to have a healthy discussion or give irrational responses, I'll just end it, again, it's their business and I lose nothing from their irrationality. If I realize that my beliefs are wrong, I'll accept and correct it.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
- I would take time to reflect and think about both my beliefs and that experience, and how they differ and are connected. Then I would come to a conclusion. If I'm wrong I would correct myself. But it's not always about right or wrong, I'm also concerned with what I can learn from that.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
  • Knowledge: I strive to be a knowledgeable and successful person. I'm passionate about learning, and I'm curious about almost everything. I want to know how things work, the possible meanings and reasons behind what we see. I usually prioritize and filter out the knowledge that's helpful to me, though. I also apply what I've learned to my life and want to use my knowledge to help people, because I find it meaningless to have knowledge and do nothing with it.
  • Ethics: I want to be an ethical person. Not like a living saint, I'm a human after all, but I try to be kind to others as long as it doesn't invade my own values.
  • Independence: I know as a social creature, we depend on each other to live. But I try to not get indebted and dependent on others too much.
  • Safety and health: I value my life. If I die, I can't pursue my dreams. I have so many dreams and they keep me alive, they're like the meaning of my existence.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I don't know. I don't think I'm different from everyone else. The most special thing about my personality may be that I tend to see and wonder the meaning behind things. For example, in literature class where we have to analyze a poem, I can imagine vividly how things look like in the poem and see why the poet uses the words that way with minimal efforts, while everyone seems to struggle and sees it just as words that give them headaches. But I know many people are like this too. So I'm not very unique, if you look at the big picture. Or I just haven't found out my uniqueness yet.
b) I wish I could be more confident in communication, because I have social anxiety and I used to be abused, the result of speaking up was being laughed at and more abuse. I just tolerate people's actions that upsets me. I communicate pretty effectively with the people I'm comfortable with, though.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
  • I often have gut feelings about people's intentions. I just know when someone is annoyed with what I do and I stop it. Sometimes I feel it through their body language, eyes, expression, sometimes even through texting. I don't trust these feelings completely, but I consider them possible and act accordingly just in case I'm right.
  • I also have hunches about the future that turns out to be right, whether it's about what someone is about to do, or the answer to something.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I'm most energized when I'm working on something I'm interested in. I'm also very energetic when I work with open-minded people, who actually listen to my ideas, and when I'm in a comfortable environment where I can develop and express myself. I can even get more assertive during these times, which I don't usually do.
b) The activity that drains me the most would be talking to close-minded people who refuse to accept facts as well as open their perspectives to learn. That's why I don't argue, get angry or waste my time with these people. To me, stupidity is not lack of knowledge, it's the unwillingness to learn. And I dislike inflexible, irrational and inefficient rules that prevent me from developing, as well as outdated and immoral traditions. I also feel awkward and drained when someone vents to me, because I'm not good at comforting them, I'd just give them advices instead (which I'm learning to change).

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
- I hide my artistic and emotional side. I can be very sentimental especially when I'm stressed. I can feel things deeply and usually I'm moved by the beauty of strange things. I'm also a poet. I show that side of me to no one, except my partner, because I'm afraid of appearing weak and vulnerable in front of people.

(Sorry for the long post 馃槶 And thanks for reading til here. Please give me some advice, finding out my type has been really confusing. I'm willing to answer more questions.)

Registered
My first thought is an NT type. Maybe closer to an NTJ.
"I'll just think of a solution so that we won't waste time."- Te?
"I want to know how things work, the possible meanings and reasons behind what we see."-Ti?
"I also have hunches about the future that turns out to be right, whether it's about what someone is about to do, or the answer to something."-Ni
"I also feel awkward and drained when someone vents to me, because I'm not good at comforting them, I'd just give them advices instead (which I'm learning to change)."- common for Thinking types
"I'm afraid of appearing weak and vulnerable in front of people."-That's more common for J types than P types
I'll say the clues aren't clear. Maybe others will give you another opinion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first thought is an NT type. Maybe closer to an NTJ.
"I'll just think of a solution so that we won't waste time."- Te?
"I want to know how things work, the possible meanings and reasons behind what we see."-Ti?
"I also have hunches about the future that turns out to be right, whether it's about what someone is about to do, or the answer to something."-Ni
"I also feel awkward and drained when someone vents to me, because I'm not good at comforting them, I'd just give them advices instead (which I'm learning to change)."- common for Thinking types
"I'm afraid of appearing weak and vulnerable in front of people."-That's more common for J types than P types
I'll say the clues aren't clear. Maybe others will give you another opinion.
Thank you for responding. I also struggle to choose between the NT types. I would say I have really high Ne, with many ideas in a day, preferring to explore all possible options before coming to a conclusion and I like to see things and explore different perspectives. I also have Ti, because I almost only believe and act accordingly to what makes sense to me. I also dislike people who blindly trust textbooks and results without actually understanding the reason and the progress. Back then, my function stack was exactly Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, which made me INTP. But now I've noticed that I also have many traits of ENTJ. Examples, I find it pretty meaningless to do deep research in something that's not beneficial (for one's self) in real life, though I still enjoy and absorb random knowledge a lot; I try to make use of my time as much as possible, and dislike people who do things slowly, I may even come off as impatient or bossy when I'm annoyed; I also can't relate (I've tried) to people who complain but don't do anything to get out of their situation; when I'm stressed I can become very harsh, judgmental, irritable and hypersensitive to criticism and at times I become much more emotional and artistic (which is why I don't think I'm INTJ because these aren't signs of inferior Se, I think it's more inferior Fi and Fi grip); and like you mentioned, I think I also have Ni. I'm not sure if I'm ENTJ, INTP (or some other type), or I'm just using my shadow functions too much.

Registered
Thank you for responding. I also struggle to choose between the NT types. I would say I have really high Ne, with many ideas in a day, preferring to explore all possible options before coming to a conclusion and I like to see things and explore different perspectives. I also have Ti, because I almost only believe and act accordingly to what makes sense to me. I also dislike people who blindly trust textbooks and results without actually understanding the reason and the progress. Back then, my function stack was exactly Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, which made me INTP. But now I've noticed that I also have many traits of ENTJ. Examples, I find it pretty meaningless to do deep research in something that's not beneficial (for one's self) in real life, though I still enjoy and absorb random knowledge a lot; I try to make use of my time as much as possible, and dislike people who do things slowly, I may even come off as impatient or bossy when I'm annoyed; I also can't relate (I've tried) to people who complain but don't do anything to get out of their situation; when I'm stressed I can become very harsh, judgmental, irritable and hypersensitive to criticism and at times I become much more emotional and artistic (which is why I don't think I'm INTJ because these aren't signs of inferior Se, I think it's more inferior Fi and Fi grip); and like you mentioned, I think I also have Ni. I'm not sure if I'm ENTJ, INTP (or some other type), or I'm just using my shadow functions too much.
So INTP still makes more sense, isn't it?

Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
[11] What tends to weigh on your decisions?

[15] Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

[19] What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

[21]Have you noticed any type relationships that are special? i.e. The thinking style of AAAA type is usually harder to understand.

^I may or may not be able to respond, but you could challenge yourself with these questions. The more self-aware you are and the more you write about it, finding your type will be easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts