Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to understand the differences between Myers-Briggs and socionics in order to determine my socionics type.

In Myers-Briggs, I identify very closely as ISTP. Even more so when I account for my sensitive traits (highly sensitive person, as defined by Elaine Aron) and specifically consider myself when I'm very well rested (not overwhelmed).

Furthermore I feel ISTP makes the most sense, based on reading numerous write-ups of the types and individual functions, including Keirsey, and from evaluating my personal thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions against this type for nearly 2 years.

In enneagram theory, I'm pretty comfortable identifying as 5w6 with a tritype of 592.

Reading through the Wikipedia article on socionics, I identify best with the following functions: Te, Si, Ne, and Fi (not necessarily in that order).
Source: Socionics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I took the following test, I scored highest as EII.
Source: HelloQuizzy.com: EII - Ethical Intuitive Introtratim

On this test, I don't really agree with the EII write-up, but rather with IEE. Looking at LSI and SLI, I could identify with only some aspects for either of those types. The IEE was almost spot-on. I read over SLE and LSE as well; perhaps as expected, I don't relate to either.

tl;dr: Does it make sense that I could be an introverted sensor/thinker in Myers-Briggs and an intuitive ethical extravert in socionics?

·
Registered
692 Posts
tl;dr: Does it make sense that I could be an introverted sensor/thinker in Myers-Briggs and an intuitive ethical extravert in socionics?
In my opinion, no. But I think it's likely that you are an ISTp, and because your dual is very similar to what you want to be, and the ISTx socionic profile isn't very good.

Also, I have a theory that well-developed types will more closely resemble their duals, so maybe that's part of the confusion.

Have you read any of the type descriptions that are not on socionics.com? I find that website's type descriptions particularly poor.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Yup, SLI. Also, that test isn't very good. I wouldn't rely on it for self-typings.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Reading through the Wikipedia article on socionics
You'd better look at wikisocion.org

Does it make sense that I could be an introverted sensor/thinker in Myers-Briggs and an intuitive ethical extravert in socionics?
no. preferences in MBT and Socionics are compatible, so if you are really ISTP in MBT than should be ISTP (SLI) in Socionics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts