Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it is possible that a born extrovert could turn into an introvert due to bullying, child abuse or discouragement of their personality within their childhood. I am certain that I used Ne before I used Fi,however, certain events in my childhood had prevented me from showing my true self in public. Which is why I always thought of myself as an INFP. But do you think that people are only born into one type? So does that make me an ENFP because I used Ne before Fi even though I consider myself an introvert?

So the general question is - Do you think that child abuse or bullying would tamper with one functions? (e.g. someone would use a function before another or an extrovert would turn into an introvert due to certain events)

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
No.

But your persona, or how you come across to people outwardly will definitely be influenced by your early life experiences. This is why its possible to be a shy extravert or outgoing introvert. Because we aren't talking about how someone behaves outwardly we are talking about their psychological orientation to the object (that which is outside of themselves) or the subject (themselves).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts