Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,006 Posts
Drum roll :rolleyes: Asking if a type can be logical is like asking if a type can feel, which in essence isn't logical. Again, Every type is designed for logic, so if you're looking to fit into a neat little box of " Un-thinky" like you call it, or not, you could be any type. ENFP like every type within Myer briggs, have stages of development. Ne is our primary function, used mostly assisted by Fi. Fi should be developed healthy between the ages of 20-30, Te 30+, Si later in life. Of course we will reach for Si at different times earlier in life, it confused us, sometime taking us out of character. Not to say we don't reach for our Te earlier in life, i've observed using my Te Ne mostly after i reached 30. Fi is always there though, churning and watching for red flags internally.

My observations of ENFP is they don't show all their cards, they keep much of their thoughts on the surface, not taking themselves too seriously. They save the core of who they are for special, or invested relationships. I have yet to meet an ENFP who wasn't logical, sounds like you mistyped your friends, and maybe you also mistyped yourself.

· Registered
10,006 Posts
Yes, you're right that ENFP's don't show all their cards, I've noticed that definitely - and I'm pretty sure I haven't mistyped my friends. So maybe it is me that is mistyped?? I don't know. I didn't mean to seem dismissive when I said ENFP's seemed 'unthinky' - I just meant, not concerned for logical correctness, not, dumb or stupid. Obviously they are clever, they just don't seem particularly bothered to use their cleverness in that way, it's like they don't think it matters. And heck, maybe it doesn't, I'm just wondering why I do, and whether that is to do with type (and so, I'm mistyped) or if it's just a variation due to parenting or some other factor, like age)
Logical is subjective in a sense, i mean what is logical to one may not be logical to another. For ex- A. Saving all my $ to feel secure for the future seems logical. B. Why keep money tied up when we don't know what the future holds, seems logical. I can't speak for your experiences, my experiences with ENFP are not your experiences. And what is logical correctness, i don't understand what you're trying to convey here. You appear to be an SJ type if i was being honest here, maybe you could consider studying the functions. I not picking up on Ne, nor Fi with you, nor Te. I am picking up on Fe thou.

I see you're new here, and as a rule from my own experience with newbies, they often use generalizations or stereotypes , only because they haven't educated themselves. I'm not offended by what you said either, i was new once. Dig into the functions, not the descriptions. There is no such thing as thinkers or feelers either, i pretty sure you both feel and think ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.