Personality Cafe banner

Can I be a 4 and a 9 plz?

[Enneagram Type 4] 
16K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  HeyThereRock 
#1 ·
I can't work out my type. I feel like a 4w9.... or a 9w4. :,C

#2 ·
I can't see why not, I have a 9 fix too and I debated both types before correcting my instincts.
To determine your core, you can do a lot of reading, researching and introspecting until the answer will come. I like Naranjo, Ichazo, Maitri, Chestnut and will read Palmer soon. Not a fan of R&H

The stronger you feel towards something, whether in a positive way or wanting to rip out the pages, the closer you are. It's visceral but it pays off.

#4 ·
Follow your dreams. Shoot for the stars. You can be anything you want to be.

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* \(◕△◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

#9 · (Edited)
Is there really such a thing as '4w9'?

Here's what I got

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||| 40%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||||| 63%
Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||||||||| 80%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 6 Cautiousness |||||| 23%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 63%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 40%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

type score type behavior motivation
4 24 I must be unique/different to survive.
9 20 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
3 19 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
7 19 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 18 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
5 17 I must be knowledgeable to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is spsxso

I've ALWAYS got 4w5 on enneagram tests but recently I get those resulst^ I see my third highest score is 3..could it be I'm 4w3 after all?

#11 · (Edited)
You can't be a "4w9" or a "9w4", or at least there's no real theory around that yet.

Let's say, theoretically, that your core type is 4.
You can either be a 4 with a 3 wing (4w3) or a 4 with a 5 wing (4w5). This is because 3 and 5 are side by side with the 4 and the enneagram 4 will work in the realm of 3 or 5. OR you could be a 9 with an 8 wing (9w8) or a 9 with a 1 wing (9w1)

HOWEVER! There's a thing called trifix.
The main enneagram theory is that you have a core type and two other types:
One MUST be a body/instinctual fix, one MUST be a head/thinking fix and one MUST be a heart/feeling fix. In what order, it depends on you as a person.

These are the heart fixes: 2, 3 and 4
These are the head fixes: 5, 6 and 7
These are the gut fixes: 8, 9 and 1

We apparently all have one of each. So you definitely could be a type 4 and a type 9.

#12 ·
Well, if you truly with it... Don't let anything fuck your happiness, be 4 and 9 if you want :^). But, although it, theoretically there's no 4w9 or viceversa, so, if you want the theoretical way, there's something called 'tritype', that picks up 3 different ennegram types and I got this for you:

http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-f...ion.html#/forumsite/20588/topics/79181?page=1

Take a look and see if you're identified or not, there's also another tritype(479) if you want to take a look on it.

Thank to this thread I started to search about it, and, I'm theorizing if I'm only 4w5 or 4-5-9, damn, identity confusion again <:^/

Reactions: Aelthwyn
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.