Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I be totally sure I am an ENTJ?

------

You are an ENTJ (Extravert, Intuitive, Thinker, Judger)

ENTJs represent between 2 and 5% of the U.S. population.

Natural leaders with a hearty and frank style, ENTJs tend to take charge of any situation they find themselves in. They are good organizers of people because they have the ability to see ahead and then communicate their vision to others. Usually friendly and outgoing, ENTJs have a lot of energy, often speaking, thinking and moving quickly. Excellent strategic thinkers, they grasp new concepts quickly, even complicated or complex issues and they generally convey confidence. ENTJs often juggle several projects at once, and pride themselves on completing them all with skill and efficiency.

Creative and innovative, most ENTJs enjoy developing high-level strategy and leading a team or organization towards implementation. Because ENTJs are so logical and analytical, they are usually good at anything that requires reasoning and intelligence. Driven to achieve competence in all they do, they can naturally spot the flaws that may exist in a situation and see immediately how to improve them.

Personality Type can be a gateway your ideal career, relationship, parenting and even your sales and networking. You can learn more about your personality type by purchasing a Custom Personality Type Report.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Do you yourself believe that you fit the descriptions? Can an external part look at the description and say "yeah. that's him". Can you repeat this with several people and get the same results?

If so, then i'd say you classify as ENTJ. But absolutely sure? Dude. It's a theoretical classification system, with tests based on self evaluation. It's not physics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I test almost exactly in the middle between Extravert and Introvert.

I suppose I could be ENTJ or INTJ

The next question is: What can I use this for? Can I use this information for anything positive in my life?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Those tests aren't that accurate. I get ENTJ on every single one of those tests, but I'm a definite ExxP, going by my flaws (disorganization, poor discipline with money, etc).

The next question is: What can I use this for? Can I use this information for anything positive in my life?
Sure. It's the exact reason I'm even interested in MBTI. Now I have a much more clarified idea about how to approach people to yield the best results. It's a cleanly categorized, theoretical system to describe the behavior of humans, so it's not foolproof, but to be able to persuade people with even 20% more accuracy brings about very real and positive results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I have a much more clarified idea about how to approach people to yield the best results. It's a cleanly categorized, theoretical system to describe the behavior of humans, so it's not foolproof, but to be able to persuade people with even 20% more accuracy brings about very real and positive results.
Can you explain?

How does this help you to know how to approach people?

What do you mean by "to yield the best results"?

How does this help you to persuade people?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From Wikipedia: ENTJ

Dominant: Extraverted thinking (Te)
Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence. [14]

Te is the most developed function for ENTJs. Te involves ordering, structuring, specifying, and applying logic to situations. ENTJs tend to be endowed with strong organizational and coordination skills. Te is also focused on performing a task in the most efficient and productive manner, which generally gives ENTJs the ability to direct and marshal their environment according to work-specific needs. Further, Te contributes to the ENTJs' ability to accumulate relevant data while analyzing that data for factual accuracies and impersonal applications.

[edit] Auxiliary: Introverted intuition (Ni)
Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths. [15]

Ni allows ENTJs to process information and events through impressions, possibilities, and meanings, thereby helping provide ENTJs with a sense of the future. Ni contributes to the ability to grasp patterns and plans. Complex, generalized information is processed through Ni to add clarity and check for imperfections. Ni supports Te in ENTJs' pursuit of goals; ENTJs use Ni to improve a situation to make it more useful to themselves.

[edit] Tertiary: Extraverted sensing (Se)
Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action. [16]

In ENTJs, Se is a basic function, less developed than Te or Ni. Se helps ENTJs effectively act upon their immediate surroundings. ENTJs scan their physical environment to observe where improvements can be made, and Se is integral to the application of Te and Ni to meet those standards. Se gathers detailed data from the immediate experience to expand the ENTJs' knowledge base and heighten the ENTJs' sense of reality upon taking action.

[edit] Inferior: Introverted feeling (Fi)
Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation. [17]

Fi is the ENTJs' weakest function, but it does mature over time. ENTJs have difficulty applying subjective and emotional thoughts to their decision-making, since they believe Feeling obstructs decisiveness and impartiality. While this is applicable to objective criteria, ENTJs must learn to recognize the great importance of Feeling in relationships and personal contact, since it creates the close bonds vital to human beings. At worst, a failure to engage the Feeling function can make ENTJs appear overbearing, insensitive, and abrasive. Further, it can result in an underdeveloped system of morality and values, which can disengage ENTJs from the personal world of self-fulfillment.

[edit] Shadow functions
Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[18] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can be developed, or emerge when the person is under stress. The shadow processes "operate more on the boundaries of our awareness…We usually experience these processes in a negative way, yet when we are open to them, they can be quite positive."[19] For the ENTJ these shadow functions are (in order):

Introverted thinking (Ti): Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[20] For the ENTJ, Ti supports Te by expanding the use of the Thinking function. But using Ti requires more effort, and Ti's application is narrower.
Extraverted intuition (Ne): Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives and allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[21] For the ENTJ, Ne can connect and generate ideas, adding breadth to the intuitive process of Ni. In its negative form Ne has a critical element that may lead to actions that demoralize or immobilize others.
Introverted sensing (Si): Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences. This process sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.[22] For the ENTJ, Si can provide practical guidance and comic insight into bothersome or tiring situations that stress an otherwise stable ENTJ. However, neglect of Si can lead to careless and hasty behavior in detail-oriented tasks.
Extraverted feeling (Fe): Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.[23] For the ENTJ, the Fe function lacks proper acknowledgment much like the inferior Fi counterpart. Over the long term, Fe will balance the awareness that ENTJs have of themselves and others by dampening the excessive effects of the dominant Te function.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh, lovely... an article "crtl+c crtl+v" from wikipedia... WTF? What is the purpose of this post? Do you ask or do you answer? I am a little bit confused.

Why do you care if you are an ENTJ or not?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Oh, lovely... an article "crtl+c crtl+v" from wikipedia... WTF? What is the purpose of this post? Do you ask or do you answer? I am a little bit confused.

Why do you care if you are an ENTJ or not?
o_O Isn't that the whole point of anyone joining this forum? lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
o_O Isn't that the whole point of anyone joining this forum? lol

To copy and paste :>?

But seriously now. I was trying to start a conversation, because so far it sounds like an interview, I mean only one part is asking questions, and I find it unfair.

If he wants something from me [answers, my interest, compassion], he must give me something, anything to hold on to, keep me interested, make me sad, angry, excited... So far I feel as if I was being served an insipid meal.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
More study. you're very Te heavy... that much is obvious because instead of using it to better understand yourself, you're already looking outside. That much points at least to Te heaviness. Most other judgments in this thread should not be heeded as the others are acting as if "ENTJ" is a special club and you don't have the "right stuff". That's not how it works.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
A bit of an overreaction from the ENTJ crowd.

But what exactly are you asking? You did a test and got ENTJ, then you ask are you one, then you copy and paste from wiki. What is that? I don't even...

Maybe you can have a look at functions. It took me a year to find out what type suited me best because I did a test and got INTJ and I was too stubborn to accept I could be anything else (in my defense, it was a test I paid for :p) when I looked at the functions and really considered them, it started making more sense.

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

Read this article on functions, this way you can be sure, but totally sure? You'll need some time for that. Look at this subforum, the questions asked, the descriptions, interact with us and see how you relate. Have a look at this as well.

http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/34700-entj-cognition-descriptor.html

This is written by a fellow ENTJ member and it's very good.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
How do you use this information? Find out what you are and then learn how to effectively deal with other types.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.