Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to develop my judger-function in order to balance out perceiving, I get around 30-50% P on most tests and I want to lower it.

I have gotten far more structured, being able to initiate projects and finish projects, procastinating less, and I am able to make long-term plans for the future since I made an effort to do so last year. Sure, this doesn't come all natural to me but it has become far easier to do all these things since I made an effort for it

Is it possible to go from moderate perceiving to low when you are in your 20's, just by doing abilities associated with the J-function? :happy:

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
J/P is bullshit. Just try to remember that there was a time before you heard about MBTI. What were such skills called back then? Just get some self-help book about organizational skills etc. and do what it says in there.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
@Johnb1
Perceiving is an openness to gathering information, Judging as a function, means less perceiving in the positive sense too. Judging means closure. This would mean an INTP who wants to become a writer wouldn't want to be more J because that would mean becoming trite and obvious, with nothing fresh to say, as an example. Not to say that judgers are trite, just to say that P/J either way you go in extremes, you win or loose something. And balance is a load of crap, just a word that sounds nice to some people.
It can mean spreading yourself too thin, trying to be all things to all people and a lot of stuff that goes nowhere.

If what you need is about discipline, or time management, you need to think in terms of the specific thing you want to accomplish and do enough trial and error to find what works for you. In my own life, forcing myself to run life by a day-runner would be ridiculous, but I have found that list making works excellently. I don't force myself to go down the list, just writing it clears my mind and helps me use the unexpected bubbles of time, instead of wasting the chunks between what is already structured by someone else, or something necessary.

Another thing is to use your Ti to develop a frame work that you, yourself have bought into. That might sound like Fi but it doesn't have to come from something abstract in your soul that you can't describe. If you have criteria that is real, your life is real and moving forward. Thinking you need to be more this or that in some general sense is pointless.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
The J function, eh? Like the P function, it requires a quest to travel over the rainbow via the magical unicorn bridge...

·
Registered
873 Posts
You're an INTP and you have Introverted Thinking.

Introverted Thinking is a judging ability, according to CF theory.

Therefore you are more judgemental than INTJs already.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The J and P only indicate whether your dominant function is a perceiving for judging function, from what I gather.

Extroverted thinking - judging, introverted thinking - perceiving
Extroverted feeling - judging, introverted feeling - perceiving
Extroverted intuition - perceiving, introverted intuition - judging
Extroverted sensing - perceiving, introverted sensing - judging

1 - 7 of 7 Posts