Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if that makes sense to you guys, but here's what I'm asking:

Considering that an ENTJ is Te/Ni/Se/Fi and an INTJ is Ni/Te/Fi/Se, since the functions are the same but in different order in the cognitive function stacks...

Could a person who is XNTJ and seems to sit on the fence between E and I, could that person actually interchange between ENTJ and INTJ, using those functions in different orders/ways in different situations or stages of his/her life?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Well an INTJ is just an introverted NTJ, if that makes sense. So to that extent, if you are sure you use those four functions, you'll always "prefer" Te to Ni, interpreting extroversion properly that is. But by "always" I don't mean you'll use it in all situations "more often" or something than Ni.
Really the meaning is you are most naturally drawn towards extroversion, but that doesn't mean introverting is something a non-extreme extrovert will shy away from and not gain tremendous fulfillment out of.

But yes, how your functions do manifest, I think is bound to not be a static thing.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
The functions each have their own aims. If the dominant function can't achieve its aims in particular circumstances, it will temporarily allow the aux perspective to take over the direction and so on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts