Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what say you? Are we too awesome to stand that close together or maybe we can work together and feed off of each others ideas/concepts.

You tell me.

Reactions: Biracial

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well, I have worked with INTJ coworkers quite a bit when I was a PhD student. It can work, if they fundamentally agree. If they don't, very, very large amounts of fur will fly.

INTPs on the other hand are disastrously difficult to work with.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,406 Posts
My best buddy at uni is INTJ too. We got along great. Yes we did feed off each others concepts a lot. For others looking on it must have looked like we skipped an awful lot of steps when we talked.

Every single INTJ I have known IRL have been great to work ideas off.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
INTPs

Well, I have worked with INTJ coworkers quite a bit when I was a PhD student. It can work, if they fundamentally agree. If they don't, very, very large amounts of fur will fly.

INTPs on the other hand are disastrously difficult to work with.

I work with an INTP and we have our issues. We have to add soooo much humor just to set the tone. It is a pain but then again she is brilliant so I admire her and put up with it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not a chance...even being in the INTJ forums gets tiring. Too many mastermind's spoil the broth. In small doses I reckon it'd be alright but I'd probably go insane after a while.

·
Registered
457 Posts
As iron sharpens iron, so one INTJ sharpens another.

I don't see why not

Reactions: beth x and Knives

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had worked under an xNTJ's orders (not sure if he was a misanthropic E or socially skilled I, but I'd go for the latter) and it was awesome. It grew into an unofficial partnership as he was according me a total trust to do whatever I wanted without consulting him and I had no problems following his orders without asking why, most of the time we were totally on the same page. However, I have to say that the few times we weren't... well it wasn't pretty to see.

·
Registered
652 Posts
i just started working with someone i figured (correctly it turned out) was an intj
she is fab to work with; we get on really well, get each other's jokes and work really well together, its been a really good experience for me so far especially as i do feel my brain gets really charged becuase i dont have to constantly explain slowly to someone what i am doing and why all the time, our logic seems very similar and well.....logical
the two of us also think pretty much the along the same lines about our colleagues, which is often really funny, we dont even have to say anything but we know what the other is thinking....however i have no idea what our other colleagues must think of the two of us....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
(disclaimer: typing from a phone) this is exactly why I joined percafe--to sharpen myself from getting to know other INTJs. I really want to develp a frndshp w/one or more so that I can "bounce ideas" and have someone else in my life who understands me. additionally i have been looking for a potential business partner, and thought this a great place to start.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I personally don't see that many problems with the idea. Being surrounded by logical, analytical people who I can relate to sounds too good to be true though.
If everyone has similar opinions/ ideas on how to get a particular task done then its going to be the most effective team ever.
If not, then well, a chaotic (and too logical) argument with people yelling will be the least of highlights.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It would be very interesting. Alas, we seem to not have problems online in group dynamic but reality poses thorny problems sometimes. I think it's best if we're all working together to achieve an objective...if we have to socialize it could go awry. It wouldn't be awkward because there wouldn't be any social facades present; rather, it would be an honest ineptitude.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
It depends on the environment and the individuals.

If we check ourselves at the door and combine our efforts with communication i think it is amazing.
When we shut down and eliminate each other it is hell.

Reactions: Snowguard

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think we'd work well in a room together, bouncing off each other's interesting conversations.
INTJ's in a room together would be the best part ever.
We would give Extrovert's a run for their money!
Pffft. Bring it on. :wink:

I think it would either be very awesome for you guys, or disastrous. I don't think it could be a mediocre experience, either way.

·
Registered
652 Posts
something else amazing that i have discovered, is that i can 'be myself' at work for the first time ever!!

if we have some piece of work to do, we just book a side-room, and blast through it, and i dont feel drained by the social interaction and pretence that i did when i have worked with some other people, i dont have to dumb myself down, or be 'tactful', its just such a lot less exhausting and such a lot more fun

·
Registered
859 Posts
I know an INTJ. We work fabulously together.

Put several XNTJs in the same spot, and before you know it, you will have some sort of ambitious project going.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wish I knew another INTJ. I have the feeling we'd work splendidly together as long as we agreed on the same basic ideas. If not...well, that could be fun, too, because I could debate with them without worrying that they were taking it personally. But not very productive. ;;>.>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts