Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that ever try this test and she got INFP. She took that test 1 year ago.

And these days, she try it once more and get ENTP.

Can it changed into ENTP?
as I believe she has Ti Dominant and such Fe.

And I don't really sure about her intuitive/sensing side.

thank's before :)

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
either one of them was/is a mistype or she truly did develop and change into something else - i believe we can mould into another type depending on certain life experiences that alter our personality

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
They do wish they could be ENTP I suppose. hehehe

But the type is the type.
Mistype would be the only option here.

You are a single type you do not move through types.

People mistype me as ENFP quite a bit, as a comparative.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
i don't believe type can change, but any test/assessment results can always be incorrect

...also I don't think anyone should want to change who they are

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
I have a friend that ever try this test and she got INFP. She took that test 1 year ago.

And these days, she try it once more and get ENTP.

Can it changed into ENTP?
as I believe she has Ti Dominant and such Fe.

And I don't really sure about her intuitive/sensing side.

thank's before :)
That's me bro. XD

I was infp before.. I really thought i am.. Then i took the test, i got istp. I hangout on istp forum with infp tag lololololol. XD the istp folks peace was threatened. XD
Then, i tried enfp. But sometimes enfps are very emo. Lolololololol xD i mean bipolar. Lol. XD i have bipolar but it just only occur once or thrice a month in the form of hormonal imbalance..
Then, esfp. Lolololololol. XD esfp is okay actually, only people think I'm dumb xD until i took the IQ test and challenge these stupid know it all NT.. And they cannot beat my score.. From that time on, they think im ENTp just because I'm more intelligent than them
.because they cannot accept the fact that an esfp is intelligent than them.. So they tried belonging me.on their clan. You know, to.make them.cool. XD

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's me bro. XD

I was infp before.. I really thought i am.. Then i took the test, i got istp. I hangout on istp forum with infp tag lololololol. XD the istp folks peace was threatened. XD
Then, i tried enfp. But sometimes enfps are very emo. Lolololololol xD i mean bipolar. Lol. XD i have bipolar but it just only occur once or thrice a month in the form of hormonal imbalance..
Then, esfp. Lolololololol. XD esfp is okay actually, only people think I'm dumb xD until i took the IQ test and challenge these stupid know it all NT.. And they cannot beat my score.. From that time on, they think im ENTp just because I'm more intelligent than them
.because they cannot accept the fact that an esfp is intelligent than them.. So they tried belonging me.on their clan. You know, to.make them.cool. XD
Do you not believe in personality theory? Just curious. Im on the fence with it but its fun so here I am...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Is it really impossible for someone to change personality, especailly from childhood to adulthood? There is a lot of brain development during this time let alone a bunch of different things that could happen that could change the brain...like damage because of stress, trauma etc. If i remember correctly some buddhist monks change which parts of brain they are predisposed to mostly use through meditation(this was centered around emotions. Going from bad feeling to good ones.). I imagine hormonal influences can maybe change some things (puberty?). Arent we a combination of both environment and genetics? I guess I'm just wondering what makes mbti so static is all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is it really impossible for someone to change personality, especailly from childhood to adulthood? There is a lot of brain development during this time let alone a bunch of different things that could happen that could change the brain...like damage because of stress, trauma etc. If i remember correctly some buddhist monks change which parts of brain they are predisposed to mostly use through meditation(this was centered around emotions. Going from bad feeling to good ones.). I imagine hormonal influences can maybe change some things (puberty?). Arent we a combination of both environment and genetics? I guess I'm just wondering what makes mbti so static is all.
Yes it is possible. Either through trauma or whatever experiences you have when in the middle of growing up I heavily believe. Self experience. I was very different than I am now. I use to be a big rule follower and was paranoid about doing anything wrong. I was taught that way by SJ parents. I am alot more chill now. My Ti didn't grow strong until in my teen years where it shot way up and I started getting in a series of debates over various subject matter to test myself and others.

I believe when your brain is still developing it is succeptible to alteration.

Reactions: Mephi

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't really even understand what does developing your functions the way you want to even mean.. Like functions are not "abilities".They are the way your brain naturally figured out how to interact with itself/the world. It is not possible to change the way your brain works just becuase u want to.
It's obvious that the more you grow the better you become at handling yourself (so there is an overall development) but changing is not a real thing.

No a Fi-Ne can not become a Ne-Ti in 1 year.She is either trying to change her personality and is biased on her answers or she was simply mistyped one of the 2 times (or both times)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't really even understand what does developing your functions the way you want to even mean.. Like functions are not "abilities".They are the way your brain naturally figured out how to interact with itself/the world. It is not possible to change the way your brain works just becuase u want to.
It's obvious that the more you grow the better you become at handling yourself (so there is an overall development) but changing is not a real thing.

No a Fi-Ne can not become a Ne-Ti in 1 year.She is either trying to change her personality and is biased on her answers or she was simply mistyped one of the 2 times (or both times)
Why aren't they abilities? Why isn't it possible to change? If one is able to successfully utilize a function that they are supposedly weaker in through learning and practice, logically, wouldn't it be possible to change one's type?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why aren't they abilities? Why isn't it possible to change? If one is able to successfully utilize a function that they are supposedly weaker in through learning and practice, logically, wouldn't it be possible to change one's type?
Because they aren't meant to be abilites.They are probably related to the person's natural strengths and weaknesses but mostly it's just a matter of functional "priorities" ... It's not like Ni doms lack the ability to be present and take info as it is (Se),it's that they naturally figure out that analyzing the present in a Ni way suits them better. It's not that Te doms can't understand making decisions based on feelings,it's that they don't value it as much as they do logic..Of course when you don't value Te (example) in the first place,you won't be as comfortable and good at finding logical consistency as someone who prefers it.(and probably has a natural tendency to be good at that stuff)..
This preference never happens becuase the person wants it to happen.(I didn't choose to be INTJ,you didn't choose to be whatver you are).It is related to the person's nature and habits that start from a relatively young age.
Changing your dom/aux functions to something else is like becoming a different person which is literally impossible and it's not somethng you can choose.Sure changing your lifestyle/growing up/trying new stuff can help you develop the personality that you already have in a more round and complete way but it doesn't change you.
For example an INTJ has the functions:Ni Te Fi Se. They will never be able to change their functions to Fi Se Ni Te (ISFP) or especially change their functions from introverted to extroverted (or the opposite).What they can do is (and that happens naturally) is mature and learn to be more patient,less arrogant about their opinions etc.
So my answer is no.Logically it is possible if you try ,to develop a funciton better but that doesn't mean that your natural preferences will change just becuase of that.My INFP best friend has good Te just because his family is very practical&logical and he is used to that mindset but he NEVER uses that Te for his personal choices etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts