Personality Cafe banner

Can ISFJs do this?

[ISFJ] 
Tags
isfjs
4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  HandiAce 
#1 ·
I am dating a guy who is a possible ISFJ, however I am wondering if its characteristic for male ISFJs to-

-Love getting attention-in general
-Be talktative and consider themselves very outgoing
-Play devils advocate and have strong skeptism
-Love debating as a sport
-Not introspective
-Stop helping when they see they are being taken advantage of-being keen on noticing that
-Consider themselves to be direct and straighfoward with others, within tact.
-Play macho and call their friends "idiots" in a bantering way.
-Have a job as a technical troubleshooter
-Need to collect information as much as possible to be prepared and make decisions
-Consider some people "too sensitive", and noticing right away when someone seems agitated and angry
-Afraid of real intomacy on a psychological level-liking to keep things light and fun

Can ISFJs have those aspects to them?

See less See more
#3 ·
Some of those sound right to me, but if they all apply, I don't think that I would agree that he's an ISFJ. I would most definitely call into question the one where he stops helping if he thinks he's being taken advantage of. Being an ISFJ, I would also question his lack of introspection.

#4 ·
The guy I have been seeing has tested as an ISFJ and I will say that he does some of the above. He is generally friendly and sociable and I would say a bit of a "ladies man" though they don't tell you that in these profiles. :tongue: They are just extra smooth, beware...ha! So yes, he looooves attention at times...but be careful not to give it at the wrong times or he will flip. :shocked: He has this introverted side that you don't realize until you get to know him better. He is talkative, when he wants to be (key) and willing to have more deep talks than a lot of men I know..but he is very musical and needs his creative "alone" time to think too. Mine is a computer guy too and good at all kinds of things amd athletic and manly and all that. He will go back and forth from wanting things to be really deep to telling me they shouldn't be so deep. :confused: I have been told more than once that I am "too sensitive" but then he can be over sensitive as well...he just tries to hide it. As for noticing things...I have never in my life met a man who can read my emotions so well. Its a fantastic ability, but it also causes problems because he picks up on my slightest upset and it ends up being a bigger deal than it might be with some guys. He will say that he wants things to always be light and fun...and that he cannot handle it otherwise, then do things to the contrary.:dry:

Anyway, we aren't getting along too well at the moment so my normally glowing descriptions of him are being kept to myself but I will admit that he has a lot of wonderful qualities. I do think that the things you listed above can all be ways an ISFJ acts.

#5 ·
I'm a male ISFJ. I'm 20 years old and very self aware.. so let me give you my thoughts on what you've brought up.

For me, not really "in general", but if I'm doing something I know I'm good at and people are taking notice then I loooove the attention.

Never... ever would I consider myself outgoing...

Amongst friends and family, all the time.

Amongst friends and family.. I have strong opinions but will rarely voice them to strangers..

-Not introspective
I'm only introspective about 50% of the time.. lol :confused:

-Stop helping when they see they are being taken advantage of-being keen on noticing that
I usually don't help people unless there's a good reason to but yes, if I feel that someone is purposely not pulling their weight or is purposely taking advantage of my good nature then I will turn my back on them and... try not to look back.. lol

Depends on the situation; if I'm giving someone a definite answer or supplying information, then yes.
-
Play macho and call their friends "idiots" in a bantering way.
I don't usually use the word "idiot" but I do banter my friends all the time.. lol

With enough hands-on experience I could; in fact I've helped many of my friends with their own computer/technical problems. - I generally love assisting people anyway I know how. (So long as it's practical and I don't have to go out of my way to do so.)

-Need to collect information as much as possible to be prepared and make decisions
Yeah, definitely. I always try to plan everything down to the tee when making an 'important' decision. I try to be sure of myself.. Competent.. I want to have a clear vision if you know what I mean..

-Consider some people "too sensitive", and noticing right away when someone seems agitated and angry
All the time actually.. lol, I've always found it funny when people overreact to the smallest of provocations. This doesn't underscore the fact that I don't have a "great depth of feeling".. I do like to distinguish the difference of Feeling from Emotion, however as they are not the same. I'm content, almost Always, just so long as my responsibilities and basic needs are taken care of.

-Afraid of real intomacy on a psychological level-liking to keep things light and fun
I consider myself caring, extremely understanding and loving. There are no ends for me when it comes to trying to satisfy my 'love interest'. I'm a, go with the flow, don't plan anything but try to take initiative when the opportunity presents itself-kind of guy when it comes to my relationships. I'll do anything to the best of my ability to please.. The only thing I am afraid of is rejection and simply, not being needed or wanted.

#6 ·
I am dating a guy who is a possible ISFJ, however I am wondering if its characteristic for male ISFJs to-
I like getting people's attention, but I also feel uneasy at the same time when I'm actually in the center.
Yes. I find that when I know precisely what I am talking about, I am very much so. I tend to run out of steam quickly though. But almost everyone you met that knows me would call me outgoing and might mistake me as an extravert. My roommate is the same way.
Yes! Yes! Especially when I am in a consistently depressed mood.
I am a relatively light debater and sports is not my interest, but I know at least one ISFJ boy who is really into sports. I think it is a matter of interests
-Not introspective
I'm very introspective.
Experience tells us when we have been taken advantage of enough times that we step up and stop you.
Yes, I am honest and direct in general
-Play macho and call their friends "idiots" in a bantering way.
I think highly of all of my friends.
Some ISFJs can make good problem solvers and better yet technicians; they work with things that they are always familiar with.
That's a good habit for us. Personally, I tend to ask other people their opinions on what they would do. That helps me figure out where I should be when I make a decision.
Yep. I tend to chuckle when other people around me are complaining about their work and stuff. Yes, I may not like it either, but I keep my mouth shut.
I associate intimacy with falling in love. I used to fear that. It's kind of scary when another girl gets all sappy with you. When I find that I have similar interests and things that we have in common, I usually am quick to latch on to those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.