·
Registered
ISFP - 4w3 sx/so - 468 Tritype
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you look at both of their functions:

ISFP - Fi Se Ni Te
INTJ - Ni Te Fi Se

You see, they have exactly the same functions, the difference is that they're replaced. I find this weird, but sometimes I act like INTJ, despite being ISFP.

For example take a look at those screenshots take from youtube comments section and another forums:

And

Tovarisch Maxim is me.

And from the forums:

And

maxim12 is me.

Also, I get frustrated/annoyied when I lose an argument, which is an INTJ trait despite me being a guy with ISFP MBTI Personality.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
They have similar interests and dress. They're similar on the surface but their core values differ. As an ISTP I see this when I interact with INFJs. We connect until we speak for too long, then they do a complete 180 in their thought process and we realize we're vastly different at our cores.

Don't focus on stupid stereotypes. I'm an ISTP but I love debate and am incredibly argumentative. I swear, this freaking community thinks that being logical has to do with being an NT. As if ST types aren't thinkers. But anybody could be logical or whatever so that's besides the point. Fitting stereotypes of different types doesn't make you that type.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Anyone can behave in any way. That's one of those things that makes us human. Indeed, INTJ's and ISFP's share all their functions and are both introverts. That even makes it easier to behave in the same way.

MBTI is never about behaviour. It's about reasons for behaviour. For these two types the reasons can be similar. Fi finds something offensive and Te decides to fix the problem. Getting offended is common for all Fi-users (of course, Fe-users can be offended too, but they tend to get offended on someone else's behalf instead of their own). Doing something about getting offended is for anyone. It just means you're using multiple functions and aren't behaving like a stereotype. Seems fine to me.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Well sure. People with the ISFP preference can do whatever they want to. It is after all a preference... not an identity.

·
Registered
ISFP - 4w3 sx/so - 468 Tritype
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for explanations, just thought that ISFP can have some of the INTJ traits due to them having exactly the same functions, just swapped places xD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts