Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading about ISFPs and their being laid back and chilled out people. Can they, especially if healthy be potentially hardworking-whether in jobs, or any aspect in life- and even perfectionistic in some ways? Examples are appreciated, especially from ISFPs :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
I can be hardworking when I have to be but yeah, I'm generally very laid back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im tremedously hardworking and have high personal standards I hold myself to. I prefer to decide what tasks that i will "work" on , and once I have chosen something I will see it through until its completed to my satisfaction.I do however tend to procrastinate but will get the job done. I know I am perceived as laid back at work, perhaps because I dont make a big deal about every little accomplishment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm considered a workaholic by my friends and family and I'm still in school lol! I work really hard and can do it for long periods of time like it was nothing. As long as it's going towards something I really want or believe it's important.I do procrastinate a lot, but when I'm under pressure with limited time left till exams are around...it's when I study best and often I get great grades under these conditions. I do believe being the son of two hardworking guardians had a role to play in it though my younger bro is super lazy lol.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I'm pretty hard working when I'm really motivated because of my interest in whatever I'm doing... so as long as I'm interested I tend to get perfectionistic and do really good work. For stuff i'm not interested in i tend to procrastinate and do not as good quality work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Me too, I am hardworking and quite perfectionistic. I love it when I am in the good energy action flow because if I don't work I will slow down and not get moved too much and will procastrinate. Like Mina, I was raised by an ISTJ mother.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I work hard when I really believe in what I'm doing or have a decent amount of interest it, and I am quite the perfectionist. I don't work fast per se, but when I do something, you bet your ass it's done right. Also raised by an ISTJ...

Reactions: alice35

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm very hard working when I want to be. I just need something that drives me. I can be very competitive sometimes, not only with others, but with myself. I set very high standards for myself and am a perfectionist.

In college I was the only girl in some of my classes, and that drove me to prove myself, especially to the male professors who figured I would drop the class in a week. I loved seeing the surprise on their faces when I got the high score on the midterms.:laughing: It was also very satisfying to me to be presented with a challenge and come out on top after blood, sweat, and tears.

I also like to push myself physically, for fun. A lot of people tell me I'm crazy to make myself work that hard, but for me it's gratifying.

Also, if there's some project I want to get done, I have no problem shoveling dirt all day in the heat. It's harder for me to get motivated with daily maintainace tasks, because I get bored with them after a while. If there's a new, big project to do, though, I'll work my butt off to get it done.

·
Registered
81 Posts
As long as I have a high amount of personal interest in what I'm doing, I work hard at it. I'm a perfectionist too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts