Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
To give you my very uneducated answer: They exist and they are not as common as 1w9s, 6w5s or 3w4s but also not as uncommon as 2s, 4s or 7s. I mean, it's not the first enneagram that comes to the mind when you think of ISTJs, but it is not shocking or anything like that...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To give you my very uneducated answer: They exist and they are not as common as 1w9s, 6w5s or 3w4s but also not as uncommon as 2s, 4s or 7s. I mean, it's not the first enneagram that comes to the mind when you think of ISTJs, but it is not shocking or anything like that...
Well, the 6 score is indeed higher but the core fear doesn’t resonate. Might just be a 3 no wing since the 2 score barely edges out the 4 but both are low.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well, the 6 score is indeed higher but the core fear doesn’t resonate. Might just be a 3 no wing since the 2 score barely edges out the 4 but both are low.
If you don't relate to the basic fear/desire/passion of a type, even if you score high on it, you are not that type.
I don't think wings matter too much (they're more like accessories to your type)

·
Banned
206 Posts
Well, the 6 score is indeed higher but the core fear doesn’t resonate.
6s are the most complex type and counterphobic 6s don't tend to relate to the basic fear of a 6.

''When healthy, counterphobic Sixes are often courageous, willing to take a tiger by the tail and yank. They can be physically adventuresome, highly skilled and have a real gusto for living. If they participate in a tradition, it is usually in the role of constructive gadfly. Their underlying mission is to serve the tradition by stirring it up. They consider themselves team players who offer useful alternatives, using the old as a springboard to the new. To this end, they may be energetic, honest, assertive, and have many good ideas. If a healthy counterphobic Six is not serving a tradition, he or she is often creative and original. The Sixes ability to look past appearances and to question assumptions leads them deeper into a unique point of view. Artistic expression is attractive as a core assertion of their power and as a way to resolve a general sense of alienation.

Less healthy counterphobic Sixes often have an edgy, restless quality. Some channel their energies into physical activity; they enjoy sports and tend to be more openly competitive than phobic Sixes. Counterphobics tend to hide their insecurities with cool or tough masks. The point of physical challenge is to expel fear by facing danger. Instead of being passively afraid, they take risks, call up fear, and then beat it. If phobic Sixes are addicted to security, then counterphobic Sixes are addicted to insecurity.
Counterphobic Sixes are often defiant or rebellious towards authority and habitually find counterexamples to whatever others assert. Despite this attitude, counterphobics are often loyal, hard-driven workers and highly idealistic. They may feel more acutely that the world is unfairly biased against them; some Sixes have a ranting quality, especially when they talk about governments and power structures. Many counterphobics are wryly funny and good at satire. When insecure, however, their humor can bite and sting.
When deeply unhealthy, counterphobic Sixes can be aggressive, unstable and senselessly contentious. To quell their inner fears, they take action compulsively and are prone to making bad decisions. They can also be fruitlessly hyperactive, as well as paranoid, accusative, belligerent and vengeful. Some counterphobics prize their hatreds and can be aggressively unlikable or even dangerous. When inflamed they can adopt a vigilante-like mentality. Deeply unhealthy counterphobics generally act much worse than the authorities they accuse of abusing power.''

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm an ISTJ and 3w2, I'm extroverted, socially speaking, but I am an Introverted Sensing dominant user. I think one is more likely to be an introvert, socially speaking, if they have an introverted dominant function, but having an introverted dominant function doesn't mean one can't be socially extroverted. Please correct me if I'm wrong however

·
Registered
18 Posts
i think its common for people today to get type 3. tho it would be a bit strange if its ISFP type 3 (since isfp is well known for being laid back and free). if ISTJ nope, they're very organized and perform well at work. I doubt it's uncommon as I've seen several ambitious ISTJs. it doesn't necessarily represent type 3 but it speaks for possibility of being common

·
Registered
5 Posts
2w3s, 3s, 7s and 8s are extroverts. Being a 3 is much more than being ambitious and a lot of these 'introverted' 3s are actually disintegrated 6s.
I don't find that to be the case. If I could describe 3 in a sentence, it's a person who bases their identity on external validation. If a person bases their identity on something like getting straight As in school, introversion would help as they would be studying all the time. If they based their identity on being the most popular person in school, being an extrovert would help them achieve that goal. So I imagine 3s would be typed as extroverts because extroverted 3s are so flashy. Introverted 3s are getting the real stuff done, but they do it behind the scenes and get their validation from maybe a boss or a salary or a grade and not on mass popularity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts