Votes: 7 6.9%
  • only in special circumstances

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • I'm in a "just friends" relationship

Votes: 11 10.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 100 Posts
I think women have an easier time with it than men. Of all my guy friends whom I have become close to, only two of them didn't end up liking me and one was my gay friend and the other has been in a committed relationship for a couple years. It really sucks because it always ends relatively poorly because usually the guy thinks I'm leading him on or something (though I dont see how grabbing a bite to eat once every blue moon is leading someone on, and its not like I'm a flirt either) and goes on to call me "selfish" or "bitch" or "slut" which really dont apply because its not like I'm particularly experienced romantically and I spent most of my time listening to THEIR problems.

It just kinda bugs me, or maybe I've had a particularly poor experience with guys and being "just friends". Now that I am in a committed relationship however, it is a lot better because now the guys can KNOW that there is no romantic intention with getting to know them.

So yeah... Its definitely possible cuz I can have a friendship with someone of the opposite sex without romantic attraction, but I think it is a little harder for guys to say that there is "no attraction".

Of course! As with any relationship, there are always social boundaries that have to be observed. These are a matter of consideration- it's a subtle balance of levels of intimacy between two people. Just because a man and woman are geared to be sexually attracted to each other, that does not mean that every friendship is irreversibly fated to be so. Friendships have to be redefined on a continuing basis, especially to account for romantic partners outside of it. I see this as a major issue - men and women need to connect more - of respect between genders.

NO NO NO, a girl can't be 'friend' with a guy. I think it's too dangerous because it increases total amount of looosy boossy sexual relations on this planet (temptation lies in every man), which also means that the total amount of std's increases. So a big NO!

These sorts of questions always sort of grate on my nerves, like all people want is to have sex with everyone they know? Can lesbians have female friends? Can gay males have male friends? Oh noes! They might all try to sex each other or secretly want to! I mean really? Obviously men and women can be just friends.

These sorts of questions always sort of grate on my nerves, like all people want is to have sex with everyone they know? Can lesbians have female friends? Can gay males have male friends? Oh noes! They might all try to sex each other or secretly want to! I mean really? Obviously men and women can be just friends.
Lol you obviously don't know how men think... And I'm not talking about myself because I don't sex with people, it's dirty and I don't like std's!!!

All my non-romantic male friends are in long term relationships. Therefore yes. I can be "just friends" with guys. What they want is their business.

Reactions: Entropic
To answer this question like I have many times before:

This is a heteronormative question assuming that all males and all females are heterosexual and thus being heterosexual will always be attracted to the opposite sex. It forgets to add in homosexuals, bisexuals, pansexuals, and whatever other orientations one may be. If this held any water, bisexuals would want to fuck each and every one of their friends which really wouldn't work for most groups of friends. As for pansexuals, we won't even get into that.

As I've stated before, just because someone shares the biological sex OR gender identity that you prefer does not automatically mean you are going to be sexually attracted to them. If you have a preference for red hair, it does not mean each and every person with red hair you may know is on your to-do list. Humans and their sexuality are not that easy to pinpoint. People are capable of maintaining platonic friendships with those of their preferred sex/gender identity.

I have plenty of male friends, I have plenty of female friends, even if I'm attracted to some people of their sex/gender identity, it does not mean I can't possibly maintain a platonic friendship with them. Anyone who cannot maintain non-sexual friendships with others based on their sex/gender have issues.

Unless like, they're into that kind of thing. Then just stay away from them if that's not what you like.
Good points and I wish to expand upon this where it appears as if people perpetuate the myth that men would for some reason be more interested in sex than women do.

Most of my friends are men because I'm a gamer chick as well. I see no problem with that to be honest. Maybe some of them secretely wish to engage with me in a relationship but if that was the case, then men and women would be fucking everybody left and right.

Friends are still friends despite if there are underlying romantic feelings or a need to develop friendship into a romantic relationship. And that goes both ways.

Of course not. But that doesn't mean that there is not a way of thinking/behaving that is dominant in a particular group, and this group being male as a whole.
I really don't like how you perpetuate this myth. The question you need to ask yourself is whether you've been taught to think this way or whether it is biologically natural to think this way.

I really don't like how you perpetuate this myth. The question you need to ask yourself is whether you've been taught to think this way or whether it is biologically natural to think this way.
Not a myth: boys like to play football (soccer for you americanies) and the male body is perfect for football, girls have wide hips they are not good for playing football therefore they can not be friends with boys, boys will never see them as friends, they are nothing more than sex objects for them (not what I think, but a lot of boyz think like this). The sad and natural truth...

Not a myth: boys like to play football (soccer for you americanies) and the male body is perfect for football, girls have wide hips they are not good for playing football therefore they can not be friends with boys, boys will never see them as friends, they are nothing more than sex objects for them (not what I think, but a lot of boyz think like this). The sad and natural truth...
The analogy completely irrelevant to what I said but it proved my suspicions that you're one of those people supporting biologism.

Plus your analogy isn't even true. You're basically saying that just because apples are green and oranges are orange apples will always desire oranges.

Of course they can. You can even be friends with your past SO if you just drop all of the baggage. Easier said than done sometimes though

Depends if one is attracted to the other, which is usually the case, and if it is, it can't stay like that. That's why it's better to have no friends at all!

Not a myth: boys like to play football (soccer for you americanies)
Some do, not all, just like some girls like to play football.

and the male body is perfect for football, girls have wide hips they are not good for playing football
There are quite a few women's leagues around.

therefore they can not be friends with boys, boys will never see them as friends, they are nothing more than sex objects for them (not what I think, but a lot of boyz think like this). The sad and natural truth...
You're not being serious, are you?

21 - 40 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.