Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head. My mind has been in a bit of a scramble for the past week or so, but that's not a big deal. I'm 21 years old, male, and feeling rather tired.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

I've tested as INFP, INTP, and ISFP before. I don't know too much about cognitive functions, just that the three seem to be all over the place.

3. Click on this link: Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/christian_club_photos/9532621436/in/explore-2013-08-17/

I really like this photo. It reminds me of how I feel alone all the time and separate from everyone else. The sun isn't in the shot, which is even more like me because usually sunny pictures are happy, but I hardly ever feel happy. Just alone and sad. It's kind of bittersweet, but that's me.

www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/[email protected]/9532550610/in/explore-2013-08-17

I particularly like this one because I love birds. They're so free and aren't bound by anything. In my opinion, they're one of the most beautiful animals in the world.

www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/michaelabirchall/9530272666/in/explore-2013-08-17

I'm doing three photos because this one also stood out to me. It reminds me a lot of Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own. I feel like having somewhere to reflect and be in solitude is like a safe haven. Isolation is good to me, it gives me time to be with me if that makes sense.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I'll thank him for helping, and I won't stop him from giving more ideas. Who knows? One thing could lead to a tangent that causes me to fix whatever I'm fixing. I usually think by throwing around ideas, either out loud or in my head, until something that seems worth doing pops up.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Individuality, being creative, freedom from oppression and judgment, expression, etc.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Yes they can change, but it usually takes a lot of thinking and considering what they get changed to. I just read "The Stranger" by Camus and it really got me thinking about morals and such...how decisions affect our lives. I'm not going to spoil the book since I hate when stories get spoiled, so I won't elaborate much further.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

It depends on the claim, really. I usually don't care "out loud" what people think/say (unless it's a personal attack, then I just get quiet and withdraw), because it's their life and they have the right to do as they please...I'm in no position to tell them how to act. In my mind I'll think of all the things that I could say to them, but don't.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Reading, writing, drawing, music. I get the most out of my day when it's spent inside my head. I don't really know why, it just gives me a chance to reflect.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Work, school (unless it's a lecture class where I don't have to talk), friends, dealing with people. It just takes a toll on me and I feel like a void afterward. Again, I don't know why. I feel the best when I don't have to deal with many people unless they're really close, then I don't mind too much.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

Introverted for sure. I prefer spending time alone where it's quiet. I'm not a big fan of going out and partying and talking to people and being a good host. I feel more myself when I'm alone.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I don't know what my greatest strength is...maybe it's that I *try* to express myself with writing? I'm not a very good writer, so I don't know how much of a strength that is...it doesn't stop me from trying, though. As far as weaknesses go...I have trouble seeing the bad in people and get taken advantage of a lot. People at work have called me naive and childish when they aren't commenting on how depressed I seem. I guess those are my weaknesses. I also tend to not speak my mind and I'm not very aggressive. I know that the latter isn't really much of a weakness, but I do tend to be a bit passive with some things. I have trouble expressing my emotions even though there's a lot going on inside of me. My mouth feels like a funnel where only a minuscule amount gets out...that's why I try to write.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I usually start to have an internal breakdown when I'm very stressed. Nothing really happens outside, I'm still my usual self, but I might be a bit more detached and withdrawn when talking to other people. The last time I was stressed I was thinking about all of the things that could go wrong. Other times I freak out and only think about the past, that happens especially with relationships...When I get stressed about those I can't do anything besides dwell on all of the bad relationships I've had in the past.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

Usually when people comment on something that I've done. I don't handle criticism very well. Other things are when they comment on me as a person without taking the chance to get to know me...that hurts a lot too.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

I spend a lot of time thinking about my future and what might happen, I also think about things like books, music, poems, and how they make me feel. Sometimes I think about the past, how things in my life could have gone differently...how I could be in a completely different position if I had done something/not done something.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I usually don't like getting feedback...I take it far too personally. Sometimes it's ok, but only if it's coming from someone that I know has sincere intentions with it. I hate hearing "yeah, that sucks, just stop".

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?​
Nothing in particular

·
Banned
161 Posts
I can see a lot of evidence for INFP but these two quotes are what really convinced me.

I have trouble expressing my emotions even though there's a lot going on inside of me.
This would be introverted feeling...

One thing could lead to a tangent that causes me to fix whatever I'm fixing. I usually think by throwing around ideas, either out loud or in my head, until something that seems worth doing pops up.
...and this would be extroverted intuition.

My knowledge of the cognitive functions is week so don't take my conclusion too seriously. Regarding your depression I am fairly certain you can get pills that tone down Fi. I have an ENFP friend who used to suffer from severe depression but no longer does thanks to a therapist who concluded that he felt things much more intensely than the average person and prescribed him pills that would fix said problem.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Sounds somewhat Sp four. Fours have a rich interior fantasy life.

I spend a lot of time thinking about my future and what might happen, I also think about things like books, music, poems, and how they make me feel. Sometimes I think about the past, how things in my life could have gone differently...how I could be in a completely different position if I had done something/not done something.
The types in the heart triad tend to be past-oriented, due to shame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts