Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time on PersonalityCafe.

My MBTI type is ENTJ, although I can only say that with about 85% certainty.
I've been typed as a Type 1, 3, and 8. These results are from different sites though. It would be helpful if someone could type me based on my thought-process, and not just from a choice of words or sentences.

(I have to say that English is not my native language, so I'm sorry for possible mistakes I make).

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Could you explain yourself? It would be weird to type someone without enough information. Although I get you were trolling to shut me the fuck up.
I’m not trolling you. You’re an ESFJ 8w7.

If you fill out a questionnaire, or let me look through some self explanatory posts (posts where you describe something related to yourself), I could show you how you are this type. Other than that, there are other methods in therapy, which don’t require this level of analysis (I.e. examining statements and understanding links to the type theory or enneagram theory criteria) - that’s how I got your type and enneagram.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
This is my first time on PersonalityCafe.

My MBTI type is ENTJ, although I can only say that with about 85% certainty.
I've been typed as a Type 1, 3, and 8. These results are from different sites though. It would be helpful if someone could type me based on my thought-process, and not just from a choice of words or sentences.

(I have to say that English is not my native language, so I'm sorry for possible mistakes I make).
You type as 8 and 1, these are both gut enneagrams. How about your head enneagram (5,6,7?)

Cerebral, researching, private? 5

Questioning, doubtful, loyal? 6

Spontaneous, fun-loving, pain-avoiding? 7

Most ENTJs I know, including my father, are 6 enneagram but it's possible you are different of course. Have you tried taking the RHETI sampler test? Most questionnaire tests that I've seen on these forums are more personal experience based and not strictly focused on narrowing down your enneagram type, at least as far as I've experienced. Idk, maybe I'm lazy and don't like to read too much. Here you go:

https://trans4mind.com/rheti_html/test.html

Let me know what you get! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you explain yourself? It would be weird to type someone without enough information. Although I get you were trolling to shut me the fuck up.
I’m not trolling you. You’re an ESFJ 8w7.

If you fill out a questionnaire, or let me look through some self explanatory posts (posts where you describe something related to yourself), I could show you how you are this type. Other than that, there are other methods in therapy, which don’t require this level of analysis (I.e. examining statements and understanding links to the type theory or enneagram theory criteria) - that’s how I got your type and enneagram.
I don’t have a good questionnaire to answer. Could you give me an example of one?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I don’t have a good questionnaire to answer. Could you give me an example of one?
tbh, I could even do it with a detailed enough post, which you developed to describe yourself in some way, from prior posts. You wouldn’t need to fill out a questionnaire, but literally any of the ones up on the thread for the guess the type/what’s my type thread forum, or whatever it’s called. It’s all there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tbh, I could even do it with a detailed enough post, which you developed to describe yourself in some way, from prior posts. You wouldn’t need to fill out a questionnaire, but literally any of the ones up on the thread for the guess the type/what’s my type thread forum, or whatever it’s called. It’s all there.
Here is one:

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

My drive in my life are my goals, and passions. I look to gain energy from them. I live my life to gain complete autonomy and stability. And I keep developing myself in order to achieve that.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I can only give an example. I want to build a big company with a few of my close friends. But my focus is primarily on energy, stability, and full autonomy. Staying in full control.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I strongly avoid doing what others want. To be and feel weak, and timid. I value staying true to myself and never let anyone control me.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

My biggest fear is not being able to be myself, and change myself to other’s wills.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as strong and autonome. Someone who doesn’t quit and doesn’t give in to anything. I want others to see what I see. I see myself as strong, and independent, stronger than the world.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel at my best when I’m strongly motivated and energized by my goals. It makes me feel like I completely stay true to myself.

I feel at my worst when things aren’t working out for me, when problems arise that I can’t solve. When I feel weak, and incapable.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) I have a close connection to my anger. If I’m angry, it feels like a energized raging monster (although I see it as a good thing) waking up inside me, and want to explode. I sometimes try to control it because I know that bad things will happen if I don’t.

b) I do not often experience shame, so it’s difficult for me to explain that.

c) Anxiety only occurs to me when I can’t solve problems, and feel incompetent.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) It depends, if it’s “good” stress I feel very energized and happy. If it is “bad” stress however, I feel drained and tired. I usually experience “good” stress.

b) I’m very good at dealing with unexpected changes, I can easily adapt to them most of the time.

c) I like conflict, as long it is rational and truthful. Others have found this annoying. When I’m bored I look to start conflicts about small things, it gives me adrenaline.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) I respect authority as long it is just. When the moment comes that it will be controlling and unfair I immediately charge against it. I have had this with my father very often when I was a child. We would have heated discussions that could last for 2 weeks long.

b) I believe that your power is the force that makes you thrive. It is what seperates the strong from the weak. Without it I would feel lost. I’d rather be dead than having no power at all.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Humans can be very weak, and I despise them if they are. People always have/should have their own best interest at heart. How would we survive otherwise?

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

It would be when I was around 13 years old. Like I previously stated, I often got into heated discussions and verbal fights with primarily my father. It was really demanding a lot of energy and brainpower from me. He was very intelligent and strategic. I had to adapt to that. It made me able to outsmart him, and know his strategy before the fights would start. I succeeded in that, and it made me a hell of a lot stronger than before. Although I have been told that I had a strong persona when I was like 7.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I tend to trust no one except for myself. I can develop trusting others if they have proved themselves trustworthy. I know that everyone has their own interest at heart, so I won’t take it personally if I can’t trust them.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

a) - I like my strong sense of justice. It has been a drive since I was a little kid. If I saw something unjust, I would immediately make a plan to eliminate the source. I wanted to execute those plans, but my parents have teached me that an 8 years old kid can’t kill animal-killers and rapists.
- I have always been proud of my quick understanding of things, and intelligence. I didn’t realize it when I was a kid, because I thought it was normal.
- I was also proud that’s I could empathize with people easily if I wanted to.
- And I like the fact that I almost NEVER give up.

b) - I don’t like the fact that I get angry so easily. I don’t see anger as a negative thing, but it frustrates me that I can’t express it the way I want to.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I notice people’s weaknesses and intentions very easily. I can also see if they have a good or bad heart.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

It depends, unless that person can seriously harm me, I would call them out on it. Maybe even challenge them.

If a stranger would compliment me I would gratefully say thank you. But if it were a fake compliment, I would take it as an insult.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

I am thankful to be alive and well. That is because I believe that life is the greatest gift. Except if you’re handicapped or retarded, but even then you could somehow be thankful.

I wish I could have more people like me, because there are only a few people who truly understand and get me.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You're an enneagram 8.

I can only give an example. I want to build a big company with a few of my close friends. But my focus is primarily on energy, stability, and full autonomy. Staying in full control.

I strongly avoid doing what others want. To be and feel weak, and timid. I value staying true to myself and never let anyone control me.
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

My biggest fear is not being able to be myself, and change myself to other’s wills.
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as strong and autonome. Someone who doesn’t quit and doesn’t give in to anything. I want others to see what I see. I see myself as strong, and independent, stronger than the world.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel at my best when I’m strongly motivated and energized by my goals. It makes me feel like I completely stay true to myself.

I feel at my worst when things aren’t working out for me, when problems arise that I can’t solve. When I feel weak, and incapable.

a) I have a close connection to my anger. If I’m angry, it feels like a energized raging monster (although I see it as a good thing) waking up inside me, and want to explode. I sometimes try to control it because I know that bad things will happen if I don’t.

b) I do not often experience shame, so it’s difficult for me to explain that.

c) Anxiety only occurs to me when I can’t solve problems, and feel incompetent.
If you connect with anger moreso than shame/anxiety, all this means is that you're a leading 8 enneagram. But I'm sure you already know this considering you're familiar with enneagrams already. No shame. That's the suppressing, achieving 3. Anxiety when feeling incompetent, ha! I know that all too well for 5.

358 Solution Master for sure. Probably 835 in your case. Funny, my 358 story characters I typed as INTJ. Maybe it's a leading 5 thing. Oh well.

You give off the vibe as having a stronger motivational drive to achieve and realize your future visions/passions. I suppose the 5 shines through as the need to be independent, autonomous, competent. Perhaps you're a really cerebral researching, always learning type as well? I'll say nonetheless 5 is your last tritype, I may be wrong though.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) It depends, if it’s “good” stress I feel very energized and happy. If it is “bad” stress however, I feel drained and tired. I usually experience “good” stress.

b) I’m very good at dealing with unexpected changes, I can easily adapt to them most of the time.

c) I like conflict, as long it is rational and truthful. Others have found this annoying. When I’m bored I look to start conflicts about small things, it gives me adrenaline.
Yeah, 8w7.

Talk to me about this description:

If you are a 358, you are ambitious, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be efficient, wise and straight-forward. Tough-minded, you are good at studying a problem and finding both original and practical solutions others miss. Highly tenacious, you work tirelessly until you find solutions and prevail against adversity.

Your life mission is to use your cleverness and astute powers of observation to serve the greater good. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you can evaluate what is needed and take action to create change.

You can be so focused on your goals and ideas that you become an opinionated, hard-nosed thinker that are in denial of your feelings. You can feel so vulnerable that you refuse to let in the importance and wisdom of your painful emotions.

"I'm 835. Low sensitivity? Yeah. I don't pick up on interpersonal subtleties well or acknowledge soft emotions in others, esp. at work. I need to see clear expressions of hurt to know that I'm being too forceful. And by then, I've already run the person down.

Truth and Justice? Big time. Society could never give me justice if my line has been crossed. I've got to seek it out for myself."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're an enneagram 8.

You give off the vibe as having a stronger motivational drive to achieve and realize your future visions/passions. I suppose the 5 shines through as the need to be independent, autonomous, competent. Perhaps you're a really cerebral researching, always learning type as well? I'll say nonetheless 5 is your last tritype, I may be wrong though.

Yeah, 8w7.

Talk to me about this description:

If you are a 358, you are ambitious, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be efficient, wise and straight-forward. Tough-minded, you are good at studying a problem and finding both original and practical solutions others miss. Highly tenacious, you work tirelessly until you find solutions and prevail against adversity.

Your life mission is to use your cleverness and astute powers of observation to serve the greater good. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you can evaluate what is needed and take action to create change.

You can be so focused on your goals and ideas that you become an opinionated, hard-nosed thinker that are in denial of your feelings. You can feel so vulnerable that you refuse to let in the importance and wisdom of your painful emotions.

"I'm 835. Low sensitivity? Yeah. I don't pick up on interpersonal subtleties well or acknowledge soft emotions in others, esp. at work. I need to see clear expressions of hurt to know that I'm being too forceful. And by then, I've already run the person down.

Truth and Justice? Big time. Society could never give me justice if my line has been crossed. I've got to seek it out for myself."
All you’re saying is true, and especially the learning part is very strong for me. I read books like 24/7 as a kid, mostly adult books with themes that contained justice being served. That always made me very happy to read about.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Here is one:

My drive in my life are my goals, and passions. I look to gain energy from them. I live my life to gain complete autonomy and stability. And I keep developing myself in order to achieve that.

You avoid weakness and timidity, that’s because type eights break down into weakness and fear submitting to others. In other words, strength would help build you up for that to not happen. So, if it’s building a big** company in your line of work, or gaining energy from your passions or goals, it would help to strengthen yourself or your self/character in something way.

The focus on energy stability and control, characterises the w7 wing, as the 7’s system is based on experiential satisfaction or happiness, (very often, happiness or satisfaction is associated with “energy”) and they break down when, they are unhappy or feel trapped in some way. (i.e. no energy = no happiness) This fear would motivate a w7, to expand their network freely with others (I.e. starting a big company with close friends) and having enough control, to function freely in this network,as freedom means, that then have a greater ability to experience more and hence, be happier/have more energy.

Fe-doms(ESFJs, etc) often, focus on their relationships attentively, as this can mean the difference between social harmony or disharmony, or not following a greater sense of values between groups. I think you show this when you focus on relationships, as soon as the question asks for your individual values. (I.e. I strongly avoid doing what others want). Fe also focuses on “group values” or values which promote harmony within a group, i.e. what you had listed prior - “control”, “stability” and “autonomy”.

Si users develop a subjective lens (mainly during the teen years), that incorporates sensory impressions to interpret their relationships, work, etc and here, we see the content is focused primarily on immediate events (I.e. building a company with friends, my current goals and passions, etc) and everything else which is an internalised version of one’s own immediate reality.

As a result, Ne and Ti are repressed from the conscious awareness, and.. we can see that in the following...

This is Inferior Ne-Ti, “bad thing will happen if..” (Ne) I don’t do x, y ,z. (Ti) - in this case, establish control. (The logical premise) .. So Ne mainly focuses on possibilities in certain situations, and Ti often is concerned with inductive reasoning (generating hypotheses based on premises, and returning a likely conclusion).

I can usually look at examples of this thought process to make it clearer. Jason Statham is an ESFJ 8w7.

We can analyse his reactions to a stimulus, to understand his MBTI. Notice at 1:36 in sight/mention of his daughter being kidnapped, he immediately responds, with tertiary Ne and Inferior Ti, “Where is she now?”, and his focus is immediately on the possibilities of what could have happened to his daughter, and Ti is trying to incorporate the answer into his internal logical landscape, of reasons (again, through inductive reasoning).

And again at 1:55 , “the man who killed my wife is in this prison.... I wonder what he will say when I asked him why he did it..” . So again, Ne-Ti, Ne is generating possibilities of what he could do in this situation, (visit his wife’s killer) and analyse this with Ti and its internal framework of reasoning, (to understand what the motives of the killer is, to further aid in his troubling present circumstances).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is one:

You avoid weakness and timidity, that’s because type eights break down into weakness and fear submitting to others. In other words, strength would help build you up for that to not happen. So, if it’s building a big** company in your line of work, or gaining energy from your passions or goals, it would help to strengthen yourself or your self/character in something way.

The focus on energy stability and control, characterises the w7 wing, as the 7’s system is based on experiential satisfaction or happiness, (very often, happiness or satisfaction is associated with “energy”) and they break down when, they are unhappy or feel trapped in some way. (i.e. no energy = no happiness) This fear would motivate a w7, to expand their network freely with others (I.e. starting a big company with close friends) and having enough control, to function freely in this network,as freedom means, that then have a greater ability to experience more and hence, be happier/have more energy.

Fe-doms(ESFJs, etc) often, focus on their relationships attentively, as this can mean the difference between social harmony or disharmony, or not following a greater sense of values between groups. I think you show this when you focus on relationships, as soon as the question asks for your individual values. (I.e. I strongly avoid doing what others want). Fe also focuses on “group values” or values which promote harmony within a group, i.e. what you had listed prior - “control”, “stability” and “autonomy”.

Si users develop a subjective lens (mainly during the teen years), that incorporates sensory impressions to interpret their relationships, work, etc and here, we see the content is focused primarily on immediate events (I.e. building a company with friends, my current goals and passions, etc) and everything else which is an internalised version of one’s own immediate reality.

As a result, Ne and Ti are repressed from the conscious awareness, and.. we can see that in the following...

This is Inferior Ne-Ti, “bad thing will happen if..” (Ne) I don’t do x, y ,z. (Ti) - in this case, establish control. (The logical premise) .. So Ne mainly focuses on possibilities in certain situations, and Ti often is concerned with inductive reasoning (generating hypotheses based on premises, and returning a likely conclusion).

I can usually look at examples of this thought process to make it clearer. Jason Statham is an ESFJ 8w7.

We can analyse his reactions to a stimulus, to understand his MBTI. Notice at 1:36 in sight/mention of his daughter being kidnapped, he immediately responds, with tertiary Ne and Inferior Ti, “Where is she now?”, and his focus is immediately on the possibilities of what could have happened to his daughter, and Ti is trying to incorporate the answer into his internal logical landscape, of reasons (again, through inductive reasoning).

And again at 1:55 , “the man who killed my wife is in this prison.... I wonder what he will say when I asked him why he did it..” . So again, Ne-Ti, Ne is generating possibilities of what he could do in this situation, (visit his wife’s killer) and analyse this with Ti and its internal framework of reasoning, (to understand what the motives of the killer is, to further aid in his troubling present circumstances).
Sorry, but I don’t agree with your argument being valid. Fe focuses on the “group”, yes. And I get why you could think that it’s my first function because I said I strongly avoid doing what others want me to. Well, it isn’t just based on being stubborn to everyone for me. I meant things that I wouldn’t like to do, and as a principle I don’t do what others tell me to, except if I can say for myself that it would give me an advantage. If I would be an ESFJ (although ESTJ would be more logical if I DO use Si-Ne) how could you explain me not giving fucks about other people’s opinions when I was a kid. 1) It would be more unlikely for me to be 8w7, and 2) Fe-doms aren’t as impersonal as I am. They are more prone to use emotional manipulation (unhealthy use of Fe). I have never EVER capable of using that. I just literally CAN’T emotionally manipulate people, even if I would really want to. 3) I have always been good at formulating opinions and relatively unknown subjects to others, and I’ve been an excellent problem-solver (especially during the arguments). How on earth would an Fe-dom user convince an ESTJ (my father) that my arguments were better. During those arguments I tended to completely turn off my emotions because they would block me strategizing. But, everyone has the right on his/her opinion so I won’t bother you any further.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Sorry, but I don’t agree with your argument being valid. Fe focuses on the “group”, yes. And I get why you could think that it’s my first function because I said I strongly avoid doing what others want me to. Well, it isn’t just based on being stubborn to everyone for me. I meant things that I wouldn’t like to do, and as a principle I don’t do what others tell me to, except if I can say for myself that it would give me an advantage. If I would be an ESFJ (although ESTJ would be more logical if I DO use Si-Ne) how could you explain me not giving fucks about other people’s opinions when I was a kid. 1) It would be more unlikely for me to be 8w7, and 2) Fe-doms aren’t as impersonal as I am. They are more prone to use emotional manipulation (unhealthy use of Fe). I have never EVER capable of using that. I just literally CAN’T emotionally manipulate people, even if I would really want to. 3) I have always been good at formulating opinions and relatively unknown subjects to others, and I’ve been an excellent problem-solver (especially during the arguments). How on earth would an Fe-dom user convince an ESTJ (my father) that my arguments were better. During those arguments I tended to completely turn off my emotions because they would block me strategizing. But, everyone has the right on his/her opinion so I won’t bother you any further.

I don’t mind disagreement at all. I still firmly believe you are ESFJ , not ESTJ (I’ve noticed most ESTJs are Type 1s or have a Type 1 in their wing, on the other hand ISFPs, ISTPs, ESTPs, ESFPs and ESFJs, often have 7 or w7 wing in their enneagram. )

Here are the reasons I still don’t believe it (others than my own argument)

1) ESFJs still can be impersonal (again, look at Jason Statham), they can also disagree and give great counterarguments,

2) They are so aware of values whether it’s in terms of groups (usually related to values which promote group harmony), so would conversely find it extremely difficult to manipulate people at all.

3) It’s very common to see ESFJs in engineering and law, and it’s because they’re very good at rational arguments, and also because their anima - is INTP. As a result, they’re very good at understanding systems, as well as that, they have many NT friends.

My ESFJ friend of 7 years is the most socially active and rational person I know, he went to law school (like I did) and ended up excelling, we both have a close connection to Ti (whether his is more apparent, in the terms of stress or anything else), he still uses it a lot more than you think, despite him being an Fe dom. Likewise, I have another ESFJ friend of 5 years, who is in the engineering field and excelled in physics. I’ve found they’re abundant in both engineering and in law, for reason “3)”

Additionally, I believe Daryl Dixon is also an ESFJ 8w7.

at 3:00 , he has the same Ne-Ti inferior process, “everyone you know is dead”, (teriary Ne guessing possibilities, without further evidence of what happened), “maybe I could have done something” if hadn’t done x, y, z, etc using inductive reasoning , etc. (Inferior Ti).

Te is what you see in Edwin here, particularly Te-Si. And inferior Ne-Fi.
He’s also a Type 1w9 . You can see how he takes it up as his own responsibility, to ensure the utmost peace of mind for those around him alongside, a sense of duty to science/health, etc, to the point where he is absorbed by this duty completely.

”do you know what this is? We used to protect the public from some very serious stuff?”, hinges on the possibility that the others do not know anything of what he is talking about (tertiary Ne), and inferior Fi (the sense of duty to science and the procedure to destroy the centre, in the case of a catastrophic event). This would be his individual/subjective landscape of values.

His Te is most focused, not on creating more tension through arguing the points with the others, but simply providing a statement and course of action and, sticking with it, out of responsibility toward some form of structure, out in the world. In this case, as he’s a secondary Si user, the structure would be something more immediate to his concrete awareness, and therefore, comes in the terms of his social institution or the health centre.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
That all being said, what type do you think you are?

I could probably do another profile using more celebrities or characters, in order to make their thought process clearer for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That all being said, what type do you think you are?

I could probably do another profile using more celebrities or characters, in order to make their thought process clearer for you.
I firmly believe I’m an ExTJ. But let me clarify something, your reasoning that only Ti-users think if this happens then that happen is IMO a fallacy. So you mean that all Te-users are just mindless action-freaks that aren’t capable of using strategy at all? If you are playing chess (something Te-users don’t suck at) you are using strategy to determine your next move. So are you saying that Te isn’t capable of chess or strategizing at all? Even INTJ’s?! My opinion that if I would express my anger fully, “bad things” could happen is based on the fact that I know how strong my anger is at those times. You don’t need Ti to understand that. Just plain self-awareness. If I however wouldn’t be so aware of my anger, how would I ever be able to even be a Type 8? And someone with only a little bit of knowledge about cognitive functions knows that the difference between Te and Fe isn’t small at all. If I would be Fe-dom, that should be my most preferred and first developed function. It would be the main function that I use to judge. BUT, (let me go back a bit here) I wanted to save animals as an 8 year old child from injustice like killing and torturing. My opinion was that I was justified to kill, just because they did as well. I immediately made plans for a big organization under my command that would kill and destroy them. I made detailed financial facts about how much everything was going to cost me, including weapons, personnel, and vehicles. Everyone thought I was either crazy or cute, especially my parents who gave my lectures that could last for hours. But I didn’t change my opinion at all! My opinion was that if I wanted to do this, no one could stop me from it. Even if I had the whole world against me.

SO, PLEASE EXPLAIN to me why THAT is normal behavior for an Fe-dom.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts