Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few months I've been struggling to figure out my MBTI type. My results haven't been too consistent.
To explain my situation:
First time I took this test, I was classed as ESTJ. But this was years ago. The results from back then, I think, have few chances to be the same now.
And then I hit a rather tricky problem: trying to be more sociable, more confident in my own abilities and, in general, to try and make friends with more people. My past was not the brightest (I had faced near total rejection from my former colleagues for being smarter than them; they didn't believe I was as smart as I seemed to be) and you can pretty much guess how this ended: it crashed down just like a 50s jet fighter trying to battle his modern cousins. To elaborate on this: I was rather bad at decision-making and often resorted to getting mad or criticizing people for who they are or what they do. Not only that, but some even started seeing me as a narcissist because how dare I acknowledge my own successes (and they were big firsts for me; all this thanks to moving to an environment that gave me the resources, especially the teachers).
During these times I typed as: ENTP, INTP, ESTP, and only once as ISTP. I have to mention that, most of the times, I scored quite high on the T dimension. The E dimension came out a bit randomly (I think this was a result of that day'ssocial interactions). The N/S dimension was mostly coming as half-half. Same applies to the P dimension.
Recently, I decided to do a change in my stance and public persona: quiet, minds his own business, tries not to get into too much social contact, much less emotionally-expressive. So far, it seems to be working, yet it feels very boring for me. Thank God for the two videogames I like the most: World of Tanks and SimplePlanes. Without them, it would seriously be even worse than it already is.
I would be very, very thankful if you guys could help me find my type. That is, because I think it will help me better understand who I am and what I should do to become a better person. I want to solve these problems as soon as possible so as to not let them stagnate and, over time, become much worse. It's not just for personal benefit since I think it would also benefit those around me.
Then again, I would be very thankful if you could help me!
Hope I didn't bore you with this literal Great Wall of Text 馃檪

Registered
You seem to be gripping Fi (Rather bad at decision-making. Getting mad, criticising people out of anger. Apparent narcissist).
You are showing Ne type intuition too (50s jet fighter trying to battle his modern cousins, literal Great Wall of Text) which seem a little off to me so it probably isn't your 1st nor 2nd function. (you seem to like history, which explains why your connections are history related - but interest in history is usually Si related, especially one that is so intense)

Therefore unhealthy ESTJ (Te Si Ne Fi) makes sense.

It's not a proper way to type but the World of Tanks and SimplePlanes and staying sane thanks to them shows Te-Si preference if you ask me. They are about "having control in the past".

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
First, I would like to thank you for your response.
However, I think I did a small mistake by not mentioning a few details (which have unintentionally turned into a fully-fledged list lol):
- Anything that means "structure" is near alien to me. My room would be a mess had it not been for mom and her always telling me "keep your room clean" and then asking me "how do you even know where your stuff is in this kind of a mess?"
- (For this, I took inspiration from another post) As a child, I used to ask a lot of "what if?" and "what does that mean?" or "why is this so?" Eventually, I learnt to search the Internet for this kind of information and thus, search for info myself.
- I regret not having much contact with kids of my age. This persisted well into my early 10's because mom was afraid of letting me outside by myself then. Not to mention, the way I was educated was sort of in contrast to the way most other kids in my community were. While you could see other kids sometimes beating one another, doing jokeful "cussing" (like "hey wassup bitch?"), I rarely did any of these things.
- I am the only child of two rather old parents, so I was raised with great care by both. Well, I can't say the same about dad. He was out there doing his best to earn as much money as possible, so he rarely had time to stay with me and mom. I have memories of staying up late just so I can greet him. However, not even to this day are we financially stable.
- During that time of crisis, I entered what I think is called an "identity crisis." I wanted to find a piece of info that could explain to me why I am this way and why do I act the way I do. Since I had little clue of personality psychology, I started reading about my sign. However, as a Gemini, I didn't really find myself in people's usual descriptions of Gemini. This persisted for some time until I had remembered there was a thread on the WoT forums which asked people of their personality type. And bam! immediately remembered I had some weird 4-letter code.
- I think this is more of a recent thing, but I am semi-paranoid of people's intentions. Just yesterday I was asked by a colleague about a possible newcomer and I was sort of afraid that she was put by another colleague to place me in a situation where I would "badmouth" people. Thankfully, my worries were gone when she showed a screenshot that she hadn't talked to the one I supposed was behind this; however, in the future, I will refrain from adding details when I am not asked to.
- One thing that massively bothers me in WoT is how accuracy works. Even guns that are supposed to be very accurate have a tendency to dip their shells into the ground. This tendency is consistent among both small and large caliber guns and it really bothers me my shots go exactly where they are supposed to.
- Another thing that massively bothers me is when people make stuff up about me or tell a story inaccurately. This has happened quite often.
- I am good at Math and Programming Class. Second best would be my best guess. In the future, I would like to follow a career that involves graphical design/game level design/environment design. It's graphical stuff that I like quite a lot.
- A thing that always worries me is that I am boring to the other person. I generally would really like to start a conversation (especially when the opportunity arises) but I end up locking myself in, thinking that I am boring to the other person and/or come off as weird. And this happens to me very often. In fact, it just happened today.
- Saying that these two games kept me from going crazy was a bit too much. For this, I must also thank my best friend for reminding me of some possibilities and also telling me that I should relax a bit. Meeting with him and his friends is almost always a calming experience for me.
- I have also taken Enneagram and Big Five tests. I was classed as SLUAN. The Enneagram came out almost as random as the MBTI: 7w8, 8w7, 6w7, and, more recently, 5w6 or 567. This last result has been pretty consistent recently, however, I can't really find myself in its description. Just like with ESTJ. While I intend on making the world around me a better place, I have recently started figuring out that this is just like how our English Student's Book is called: Upstream! (aka "give up already"). So I have given up on being critical of other people (not that I did that often; what mattered a lot was the way I did it and when, which I'll admit, it never ended well), trying to understand others (I still think this is largely impossible; to me, it seems more like an illusion since you will never accurately feel what that other person feels. At least this is how I operate, so I try and understand people's emotions through logic).
- Another thing that I forgot to mention is that, despite liking people's company, I sometimes feel better by myself. For instance, if I'm out biking alone, it feels very boring, bland, nothing out of the ordinary; when I am with someone else, especially a good friend, I feel much better. However, when it comes to work, I work much better alone or with like-minded people; the last one actually turns out to be better since working as a group is already facilitated by understanding one another better and so being better at pursuing a goal.

The following details might not be as important in trying to figure out my function stack, however, I thought that where I see darkness, others might see light.

- Up until now, I considered Communists to be the most stupid politicians in existence. Same applies to their insane ideology. However, I started reading about them more and more and doing small case studies. I am especially interested in North Korea, China, the Soviet Union, and Romania.
- Not sure if it means anything but I speak 5 languages in total: Romanian, English, German, French, and very little Russian. The first two are the ones I speak the best.
- In SimplePlanes, I usually build anything but planes. I like that it gives me lots of freedom. Only thing that limits me is other people (I most often build stuff in mind with the fact that mobile players must also be able to play with my builds) and the game itself (it's made in Unity which isn't exactly the best game engine out there, but it does its job good enough). As you might've guessed, I like tanks a lot. I always try and improve my building style and, whenever possible, I also try to bring somethig new, special. Currently, I am planning on building a rocket tank; I have yet to muster enough motivation to do it, however.

Registered
I'm thinking infp or intp from what you've wrote so far, but then I saw the part about biking alone etc. Possibly entp...? Hmm...could you elaborate a bit more on how you like to interact with others?

I found the test on 16personalities.com to be fairly accurate. When you take tests, do you answer the questions based on how you "pretend to be sometimes, or who you really are?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I've taken both the test from 16personalities and the one from Personality Hacker. 16personalities, I took that like months ago; PH was much more recent. PH has classed me both times as ENTP which was a bit of a headscratcher for me.

As for interacting with other people: it depends greatly on the environment I'm in. If you wanna see me stressed out quite often (I was trying to memorize stuff for Biology just out of fear that our teacher might have me recite today's lesson), then school is the best place for that.
When I'm out with people (which doesn't happen that often; I am rarely invited, and I lack the courage to invite people; that's, I think, the reason why I've kind of failed to attract the attention of my love interest) and in a stress-free setting, I love to chat quite a lot. When it's science-related ideas - even more. Wanna hit the jackpot? Talk about computers.
Indoor places aren't my favorite. That's why, even during winter, if I'm out with someone, I would much rather go to the nearest park and have a relaxing walk there.
To give an example: today we had a lecture in German class titled "Zehn Dinge besser als Mathe lernen" (Ten things better than learnig Maths). One girl was courageous enough to admit that she liked Math and couldn't find something better. I was asked by our teacher to find a counterargument to that, but I ended up admitting that I too like Maths and understand where she comes from; however, I would much rather be out there, exploring the world, but not alone.
To my surprise, she was open for a small talk after the lesson and I quite enjoyed it. That was the opportunity I was talking about in the previous post. But the next break, that momentum that I had - I lost it. The reason: the very same old "I think I'll be boring."
At my worst, it's still dependant on the atmosphere. Whenever I feel like I am allowed to stay in but, behind stage, they actually wish I wasn't there, no doubt I will seem more introverted. Same applies when people start talking about emotions: it makes me feel even more like an outsider.
But then again, I wish I could get over this shyness that I currently suffer from. I attribute it to the way I was educated, but, at the same time, I think I can strike a balance somewhere and finally overcome this fear of being boring or an unwanted presence. So far, one of the steps I've taken is to sign up for a volunteer NGO where teens of my age are the majority. Another step I could take is to accept the invite to join some of my colleagues on New Year's Eve. It's quite far away from now so I haven't told them I'm coming, but I'm seriously thinking of accepting it. I see more than just one opportunity there, and I think I would benefit from them.

Registered
Thanks for sharing more. Hmmm...it sounds like you could be between I/E....really. It sounds like you do like social contact to some degree...but also sounds like you struggle with shyness/low self esteem, too, perhaps? Maybe that is affecting your type result too.... Hmmm.

Do you see yourself as more of an introvert or extrovert?

Where does the 'fear of being boring' come from?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That fear comes from me thinking that I have little in common with other teens. And that is sort of true. There aren't that many teens interested in military, aviation, history, hardbass, heavy metal, maybe some dubstep, clsssical music, marches (when it comes to music, almost anytging that doesn't have vocals is something I like), a bit of psychology here and there and memes. While other teens are using stuff like Snapchat, Instagram, sometimes FB, taking selfies, talking to one another about sports (I actually don't mind that, it's just that I don't know much about sports XD), sometimes news from around the country, I would much rather search the Internet for info on topics ranging from "Hippity hoppity we've collectivized all property" to "Could mass automatization start a Third Industrial Revolution?" And then I wish I could share thoughts about these topics with other people and also get their point of view, debate possibilities, what ifs (that's why I like alternate history the most), but then I remind myself "don't do it, you'll bore the living hell out of everybody." And this is starting to bother me more and more. It feels like I'm near alien to this world!
Of course I wouldn't talk just about that cause it becomes boring after a while. I have this kind of a friend and let me tell you: he is really, really boring just because of that.
It doesn't help much, either, that I like physical activities. Especially biking; but it's become repetitive since I've been to almost every corner of my city. Sports aren't my thing, but if I were to choose two favorite ones, they'd be football and badminton (cause I'm terribad at tennis XD). Running isn't out of the question, but I have rather low endurance (despite being what most people would call "solid" - not skinny, but neither fat).
I often see other colleagues staying on their phones during lunch break, whereas I usually go out and meet friends. It's lunch break, after all, so why waste that extra time and not meet some of my friends? I also know quite a bit of people outside my class but I only talk to a few, so I'm not exactly the least sociable person out there.

Back on fear of being boring:
I forgot to mention that, whenever interacting with someone else, I seek for both of us to enjoy it. Why force people into talking with me? Not only will they feel terrible, but I also think it's immoral.
And this fear of being boring breeds yet another fear: being cringy! Luckily for me, this seems to be the last tier in most cases. It rarely happens that I go even further than that.

I don't exclude the possibility that I might be exactly in the middle of the I/E dimension; however, by Jung's definition, I'm a pretty clear E. A possible explanation? I get bored really quickly. Even right now I'm switching between checking these forums, playing some Terraria, watching gameplays, then off to bed again, rinse and repeat all of the previous... I just switch between doing multiple things. Even when doing homework, I find that doing Maths first, then any of the language classes, then back at something Maths-related often yields the best results. I tried splitting my homework into two based on said subject's proximity to Maths but it failed cause I was getting bored too quickly.

Registered
- A thing that always worries me is that I am boring to the other person. I generally would really like to start a conversation (especially when the opportunity arises) but I end up locking myself in, thinking that I am boring to the other person and/or come off as weird. And this happens to me very often. In fact, it just happened today.
I am very sorry about what I am about to say but it made me laugh so I "need" to share it, even if it hurts you. The coincidence is unbelievable. Or was it your intuition? Did you feel you come across as boring so you wrote that next?
Just before the paragraf (around "I would like to follow a career that involves graphical design/game level design/environment design. It's graphical stuff that I like quite a lot.") I put my head on my hand and thought "OMG, what a boring person. I am falling asleep. Do I really need to read it till the end?"... :skeleton:
Mostly because I just don't like "graphical stuff" - too much sensing, too many details and too slow for my taste. But in general something in your style rubs me the wrong way.
Don't mind me - I am not a kind of person you would like to be interested in you anyway because I am a total weirdo causing chaos wherever I go in poor attempts of helping or making people laugh.

ESTJ is still most possible option if you ask me - seem to have a detailed memory about specific situations in the past.

A clean room has nothing to do with it. Check it out:
ESTJs can be very organized people, but can be messy as well. They enjoy keeping things where they can easily get to them, and because of this they often prefer cleaning themselves. The ESTJ might become frustrated if someone else decides to organize for them, since they won鈥檛 be able to easily find their important items. ESTJs can sometimes live in organized chaos, but they always know where everything is. This only happens when they are under stress though, since the ESTJ strongly prefers to have a clean and tidy environment. They especially hate having company over and not having their home in perfect condition.
https://personalitygrowth.com/how-messy-each-personality-type-actually-is/

The other stuff either are not function related or confirm Te Si Ne or Fi. At least for my biased mind.

That fear comes from me thinking that I have little in common with other teens. And that is sort of true. There aren't that many teens interested in military, aviation, history, a bit of psychology here and there and memes. While other teens are using stuff like Snapchat, Instagram, sometimes FB, taking selfies, talking to one another about sports (I actually don't mind that, it's just that I don't know much about sports XD), sometimes news from around the country, I would much rather search the Internet for info on topics ranging from "Hippity hoppity we've collectivized all property" to "Could mass automatization start a Third Industrial Revolution?" And then I wish I could share thoughts about these topics with other people and also get their point of view, but then I remind myself "don't do it, you'll bore the living hell out of everybody." And this is starting to bother me more and more. It feels like I'm near alien to this world!
Wait a moment. You are a TEEN?! I had an impression I am talking to a guy at least 39yo! You sound old, your interests are old... you reek of Si.
Well. Memes are fun and psychology can be too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
It says there:
"ESTJs can sometimes live in organized chaos."
That's something I do everyday lol. Bringing myself to clean my room happens once a century. Yet, I still manage to find my stuff with relative ease.
Taking the test from 16personalities revealed two things:
1. Perceiving and Thinking were the areas where I scored the highest.
2. I came out as a half-half Intuitor which I'll admit is true. However, it classed me as an Introvert which I simply don't think I am. I have read the descriptions of both Es and Is and I came to the conclusion that I'm probably one of the least common Extroverts: a shy one.

As for the "you like history, but you sound very Ne to me, yet you reek of Si..." dillema:
What I haven't mentioned is that I like alternate history in particular.
WoT seems like an interesting game for me since it almost enver ceases to challenge me. Despite it's apparent flaws (being P2W, poor balance in mid to high tiers), I take them as obstacles. Ever since changing my playstyle to be more adaptive and team-based, I have seen greater successes. What I also like is that it's multiplayer.
SP has become boring for me. Basically, that game turned into a build-upload-see the upvotes coming kind of thing which is too predictable and boring.

I have also read about the unhealthy ENTP in an Si grip. That describes me quite well. It says:
"If an Ne-dom is thrown into a stressful situation, they might just let their Si take over control."
And in the past few months (possibly past year), I have experienced lots of stress both from the outside and the inside (creating scenarios and theories in my head which rarely came to reality; it doesn't help much that I'm mildly paranoid).
That "mildly paranoid:" the only explanation that I could find is that I'm borderline N/S. If I were S, this would make me an ESTP => Ni as inferior function which I've read is strongly related to paranoia. It is also related to fear of future (check; my biggest fear is that, if I continue to be this anxious, it'll turn into a disaster), fear of taking action due to perceived failure (check, yet again). The Si grip becomes overly concerned with details (check; I began to think more and more before saying something and the way I do it, which I didn't use to do before).
Reading further, it starts to fit me even more when I think of myself as an unhealthy ExTP.
Am I right in my judgment? Feel free to disagree 馃檪

Registered
Well. Unhealthy NTP is a possibility. I know 2 NTP males interested in militaria/history. Both are unhealthy and not extroverting enough/properly.
I don't think you use Ni. You are too much Si-Ne.

But if thats the case I would say you are rather INTP than ENTP. Your Ne isn't high enough to be dominant function, even if held hostage by Si and your Si seems more developed than an average inferior. You coming 50-50 in S-N also says intuition and sensing are in middle of the stack for you. Your struggles with social interaction and your specialized interests can be explained as Ti dom, Fe inferior. Ti wants to master a subject while Fe is concerned about (not) fitting in the group.
Yeah, the puzzles fit. Especially since I was also typed as a freaking ISTJ at first (and even accepted that for a while) because my Si was acting out and Ne was stuck. And I was also spending most of my time in mmogames back then.

Read: http://belatedintp.tumblr.com/post/145285023554/ti-si-loop-the-black-hole

BTW1: Just curious - are you an Aspie?
BTW2: "you like history, but you sound very Ne to me, yet you reek of Si..." dillema- where did I say "but"/"yet"? Even if there was a but it was accompanied by "probably". There is no dillema. Sounding Ne doesn't mean you can't be a strong Si user and reeking Si doesn't mean you are unable to use Ne properly. Auxiliary and tertiary functions aren't that far off from each other, especially in unhealthy people (being unhealthy usually means auxiliary function is underdeveloped = around tertiary level). 50-50 N/S (or T/F) results in tests usually correlate with the middle of stack.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Asperger? No lol. If I bring myself down back to Earth for a sec, I can actually adapt to anything at any time. For example, I've changed at least 5 homes by this time and two cities from opposite corners of the country; I adapted amazingly well school-wise, but friends-wise, not so much.
About being an INTP in TiSi loop: nope. Whenever taking in new info, I always try and make sense of it. I always ask myself "is this right?", "is this really how it is?", "what would it look like if it weren't like that?" and so on.
Trying to think back of what I did and what I do now is still pointing me towards Si grip. Among other things, Si isn't just introverted and detail-oriented, but also highly introspective. My theory is that I started neglecting my Ti due to disagreements with people around me. Thid activated my Fe (thus seeking approval and a balance in my interactions with other people) which, in turn, due to failing at finding a solution, replaced Ne with Si.
My second theory is that, due to scoring as borderline I/E (this depends a lot on the environment I'm in), my entire function stack is a mess. This would explain why:
1. I freely switch between Ne and Ti, but still rely on Ne to find information and imagine possible other details.
2. My Si is trying to get noticed and successfully does so due to Ne already having to fight Ti for dominance. So Si is left to roam free and act as it pleases. This means that I sometimes overuse my Si (get grounded into small details and negative memories) and sometimes forget about it alltogether (at certain times, I act as if that thing hadn't happened to me before, and yet it actually did).
3. Fe, due to being tertiary and underdeveloped, coupled with outside pressure, is free to gang up with Ne and sometimes push me into unconfortable situations. And that happens often: sometimes I ask myself why or how did I even manage to talk to someone I wouldn't normally talk to.
4. Due to being borderline N/S, also add in Se and Ni as occasional guests (Se helps me find details quickly and act right in that moment but rarely with a good reason and Ni helping Ne pick the best worst case scenario 馃檪 ).

Now that I'm thinking, my type is starting to revolve around two possibilities: ENTP and ESTJ. ESTP would come in as a close third, but I honestly think ENTJ is much more likely than that. In fact, ENTJ would be even more likely than ESTJ as:
1. Just as you said, Ne is not my forte. In this case, it would be Ni which brings us back to dominant Te => good at debating, can actually organize myself if I have the will to, my wording is organized (and I was told this by multiple people)
2. Back at Fi grip which actually fits me slightly better than Si grip.
3. The previously inexplicable presence of Se in the function stack.
4. This still doesn't explain the seeming presence of Si somewhere in there

Registered
Asperger? No lol. If I bring myself down back to Earth for a sec, I can actually adapt to anything at any time. For example, I've changed at least 5 homes by this time and two cities from opposite corners of the country; I adapted amazingly well school-wise, but friends-wise, not so much.
I'm asking because I was officially diagnosed with Asperger and you remind me of me when I was your age, except our interests are different. We both have social problems and we both have intense interests that are quite unusual in our peer groups. Mind I also didn't have any diagnosis back then except for a "she is weird".

As for changing homes and not being bothered by that - that never bothered me either. I also moved multiple times (3, 7, 8 and 9 and 28yo) and I adapted quickly. The only issue as when I was 3yo (in new home I kept saying "Go home, Go home" for a few days, probably because I didn't understand whats going on and when we are going back home) and when I was 28 and was responsible for setting everything. Looking for a place to live was anxiety generating, the phone calls, seeing places, deciding if it is a good place, meeting new people you might end up living with for at least a year - but as soon as everything was settled I adapted right away. And the decision to move out was pretty impulsive too. Well, I planned to move out generally for at least a few years before but didn't have the funds - as soon as I got the funds (disability pension - I need a predictable source of income since I can't hold a full time job the way I am now, after years of school and home abuse, I don't have any friends that would help m if I run out of money and I don't want to depend on my parents anymore) I moved out within 2 weeks and I seen only 2 apartments before moving into one. I moved 1 day after seeing the apartment I am currently living in - I made that decision because the owner has 2 cats and I also have 2 cats at family home, depending on them for emotional support I can't get from humans. Cats are also a good medium/help to communicate with the owner. I can speak with her properly if I am holding one of her cats because I don't have to bother with eye contact and not participating fully in the human conversation. Basically: I say something to the owner, look at the cat and say "Right, kitty?" or start the conversation with a "Guess what your cats did today".

The 3 changes when I was a kid, as well as various vacations and trips didn't bother me at all - as long as someone else deals with the organisational part I am fine. Well, except for my very first organised vacation trip for kids (I was like 11 and parents put me in a bus full of kids I didn't know, to go to the other end of the country and live there for a few weeks). I was mostly fine but when I saw the place we were supposed to live I started crying. It was in a freaking forest, far from a city. I called my parents and said "They exported us to a forest! A forest!". But a few hours passed, I got to know some other girls, the caregivers took us for a walk and I adapted - we were in a forest but the seaside was 200 meters away (3 minutes walk) so it wasn't that bad, although going to the city was difficult (40 mins walk - through a forest. I hate forests).

About being an INTP in TiSi loop: nope. Whenever taking in new info, I always try and make sense of it. I always ask myself "is this right?", "is this really how it is?", "what would it look like if it weren't like that?" and so on.
Trying to think back of what I did and what I do now is still pointing me towards Si grip. Among other things, Si isn't just introverted and detail-oriented, but also highly introspective. My theory is that I started neglecting my Ti due to disagreements with people around me. Thid activated my Fe (thus seeking approval and a balance in my interactions with other people) which, in turn, due to failing at finding a solution, replaced Ne with Si.
My second theory is that, due to scoring as borderline I/E (this depends a lot on the environment I'm in), my entire function stack is a mess. This would explain why:
1. I freely switch between Ne and Ti, but still rely on Ne to find information and imagine possible other details.
2. My Si is trying to get noticed and successfully does so due to Ne already having to fight Ti for dominance. So Si is left to roam free and act as it pleases. This means that I sometimes overuse my Si (get grounded into small details and negative memories) and sometimes forget about it alltogether (at certain times, I act as if that thing hadn't happened to me before, and yet it actually did).
3. Fe, due to being tertiary and underdeveloped, coupled with outside pressure, is free to gang up with Ne and sometimes push me into unconfortable situations. And that happens often: sometimes I ask myself why or how did I even manage to talk to someone I wouldn't normally talk to.
4. Due to being borderline N/S, also add in Se and Ni as occasional guests (Se helps me find details quickly and act right in that moment but rarely with a good reason and Ni helping Ne pick the best worst case scenario 馃檪 ).

Now that I'm thinking, my type is starting to revolve around two possibilities: ENTP and ESTJ. ESTP would come in as a close third, but I honestly think ENTJ is much more likely than that. In fact, ENTJ would be even more likely than ESTJ as:
1. Just as you said, Ne is not my forte. In this case, it would be Ni which brings us back to dominant Te => good at debating, can actually organize myself if I have the will to, my wording is organized (and I was told this by multiple people)
2. Back at Fi grip which actually fits me slightly better than Si grip.
3. The previously inexplicable presence of Se in the function stack.
4. This still doesn't explain the seeming presence of Si somewhere in there
Well, that sounds possible. All I know is that you seem to have a social phobia that interferes with your social life and you being different than your peers doesn't help that.

If you are considering Ni-Se axis though there is quite an easy way to check it. It might not be 100% correct and won't tell you which is stronger but usually is enough to determine Ni-Se or Ne-Si because the pairs use a different language when describing pictures and pay attention to different things.

Describe 1-3 pictures of your choice (can be random or somehow "speaking" to you) from this link: https://www.flickr.com/explore and describe them. Everything matters so no need to know exactly what to choose and how to describe it. It's up to you. Just describe them the way that is easiest, most natural for you.

If you find yourself unable to share links (I believe you need to have 15 posts or so) at least copy what is after "photos/" part, for example dr-zarkow/44830332551/in/explore-2018-09-21/ in case of https://www.flickr.com/photos/dr-zarkow/44830332551/in/explore-2018-09-21/ so we can find them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Sure thing! I'll get to it as soon as I can (currently at a wedding so not exactly the best place for reading forums xD)

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
First picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bmse/44848628091/in/explore-2018-09-22/

This one caught my attention cause it seemed so random lol. I thought the seagull had caught the fish but is nearly dropping it and then I had a second idea: what if it had caught the fish just as it jumped from water and the picture is the moment when it was about to eat it? But that is highly improbable. The sky seems to be that of a cold region and the fish is incredibly small sooo... maybe it is sardine? I can't tell tbh.

Second picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/29912887177/in/explore-2018-09-22/

I chose this picture because... I don't really know to be perfectly honest with you. There's lots of green. I like nature. But at the same time, the monotony of nature is broken by that railway bridge. To me, it seems very weird since I'm used to seeing railway bridges that are thick. Think of something made out of stone or metal, but it looks consistent; it's solid, seems to be made out of one piece. Whereas this bridge is thin and also tall. I can kind of imagine how the bridge holds itself, but I also imagine that it won't be there forever. Reading the description revealed it was a 1943 express train or something like that. And I had spotted that. I have a friend whose hobby is old trains of any sort. And so I'm used to how these older trains look like.

Third picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aantwaarpe/44125051174/in/explore-2018-09-22/

This is a more abstract photo. You can tell since, at first glance, it doesn't have that much going for it: just a few stone slabs. But someone with an eye for art or som form of pattern recognition will tell that this picture revolves around the idea of contrast between regularity (straight, clean lines) and irregularity (the actual stone slabs). This could be interpreted as life: a huge mess that hides an unseen order. This "order" is like a backstage genius: it secretly commands and controls everything without the average spectator even knowing.

Bonus: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alf_sigaro/44117552914/in/explore-2018-09-22/

"Wandern mit Wein" = "Forest with wine"
That sign seems out of place. Of all places you'd expect to have wine, a forest is one of the least likely. Yet, here we are: a forest with wine. If it indeed is true, then this could be a good way to attract people in the forest. This could have both good and bad reasons behind. Taking in the description of that photo, it seems like a lighthearted joke so there shouldn't be anything dark about that sign xD
@Kiriae didn't really put that much thinking into this. I just went with what i'd thought at first glance so it's as accurate as it can possibly get.

Registered
You went Ne-Si in 1st, 2nd and 4th picture but 3rd one blew my mind - your description of this one sounds kinda Ni-ish. I wondered if we were even looking at the same picture - I seen a floor in a restaurant or balcony and a ground seen from a plane, wondering why anybody would take a picture of floor or what would explain the terrain changes - and you started speaking about the control of life.

So I don't know. 3rd picture messes the puzzle. Perhaps you can figure it out, knowing what made you think that way.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe this can explain things better? @Kiriae
It is this test from similarminds:

https://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

I'll lay the test results by percentage:
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%) (I)
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (65%) (II)
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (65%) (II)
Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%) (III)
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%) (IV)
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (45%) (V)
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (35%) (VI)
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (30%) (VII)

These were the results after the third time in a row of taking that test. This should be the most accurate of the attempts, I think.

Registered
I can see a lot of things that fit with ESTJ. You seem very invested in getting things done and seem generally goal-oriented which fits with Te. I see a trend of you researching the details of a subject to make decisions on it, which fits well with Si. I also see a lot of self-doubt, which is characteristic for inferior Fi, which ExTJ types have.

Overall, what you have typed in the posts above seems to fit, but I must say that I can't be certain based on these posts. Most of the things you mention fit well, but please forget about the ESTJ stereotype. Some are like that, but definitely not all.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I can see a lot of things that fit with ESTJ. You seem very invested in getting things done and seem generally goal-oriented which fits with Te. I see a trend of you researching the details of a subject to make decisions on it, which fits well with Si. I also see a lot of self-doubt, which is characteristic for inferior Fi, which ExTJ types have.

Overall, what you have typed in the posts above seems to fit, but I must say that I can't be certain based on these posts. Most of the things you mention fit well, but please forget about the ESTJ stereotype. Some are like that, but definitely not all.
I don't mind doing some more testing if that is what it takes to accurately type me. It's not like it takes too big of a chunk from my time.
I wrote this post since I was heavily doubting my type and, reading through a bunch of stereotypes, ENTP seemed like the most fitting. But then I also forgot that I quite like being out in the world and doing physical things which are characteristic of Se-primary aka ESTP. I haven't mentioned it, but I like biking quite a lot and, in general, I don't mind sports at all; it's just that I'm a bit clumsy xD
But then you guys also mentioned that I have very good memory which leads to Si, and so ESTJ. But I don't quite relate to Fi... could that be because it's my inferior function?
And then I took that functions test which further lead me into even more self doubt as, among my most developed functions, there also was Ni which I can relate to quite a lot. I just don't use it on a day to day basis, just like Se.
What leads me even further into thick fog is that I scored really low on Te. Yet, the first time I took that test, it was actually among the top functions (55%; not that much, considering that Ti had a slight edge over it, at 60%). Thus, it classed me as an INTJ. Second time - inconclusive. Third time - ENTP.
But then I read about both ENTJ and INTJ and came to the conclusion that I kinda relate to ENTJ but, at the same time, kinda not. I'm not as confident as an average ENTJ's description often claims to be.

But I am sure of one thing: I am most probably an NT type. ST is not out of discussion (I kind of relate to both ESTP and ESTJ, yet it's nothing like I completely identify with them).

Then again, if it takes any further testing to accurately type me, I'm all up for it. After all, I can only gain more insight into how the MBTI model works and how separate pieces come together. It's also a good way of debunking stereotypic descriptions, I think.

PS: Speaking about the stereotypical ESTJ...
Well, I don't really know... I know ESTJs to be highly organized people. They are usually high on Constiousness, and I can understand why; I score quite low on that.
They're usually such confident people; I'll be honest, I even envy them for their courage to stand up to their own values.
They are also able to pursue a goal for long periods of time and so they're patient people. By comparison, I've had at least 5 different goals until now and haven't reached any of them.
But that could be just me overthinking about my perceived inferiority... who knows, maybe I truly am that which I do not identify with... or run away from (aka being classed as an introvert; I don't know, but that scares me to the very core... it's like a huuuuuge "don't socialize with me" banner... and add being classed as a J in there, too... that's like "you judge people so much" which leads even further into social alienation...)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts