Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post. I just created an account today because I love analyzing all of the debates you guys have. I just took a cognitive functions test on similar minds and here are my results. I am open to all questions and suggestions as long as they help me find my type.
Please and Thank you

Te 95%
Ti 75%
Ne 85%
Ni 85%
Se 10%
Si 70%
Fe 95%
Fi 65%

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
ESTJ most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Reactions: Buoyant

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't use test results, they're meaningless.

Read this:
The Principles of Cognitive Function Theory MBTI-notes - Type Theory[/url]

You should be able to recognise yourself from that link.
Focus on nailing your dominant function - it shouldn't be hard - it's the function that when you read about it, you will definitely see as being "you".

Could I be a ISTP in a loop?

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is my first post. I just created an account today because I love analyzing all of the debates you guys have. I just took a cognitive functions test on similar minds and here are my results. I am open to all questions and suggestions as long as they help me find my type.
Please and Thank you

Te 95%
Ti 75%
Ne 85%
Ni 85%
Se 10%
Si 70%
Fe 95%
Fi 65%
I think your Te is "conditioned", meanwhile your Fe is real. Society in general -and peers and evaluators in particular- tend to accept Te argumentations as professional and valid, meanwhile they disrregard Fe as childish. So somehow types with high Fe suffer very negative feedback when extroverting Fe, so they then try to use Te as protection mechanism. If you have hear relevant persons around you say "you must hide your feelings", definitively you are Fe, not Te....

Ne and Ni is scoring the same, but if your are Fe trully, then MTBIwise you are Ni. That makes you INFJ.... and makes sense that you are here asking this question, with a lot of introspection and eager to know more about yourself.

Finally, if the opposite is the true, Te > Fe then Fi as auxilar, will make you INFP, but why then so high Ne and Ni ? and why Ti so high? Plus INFP are not asking theyself what the are actually ;-)

So, my bet is INFJ. Why don't you try to redo the tests but thinking more about what you are "inside you", not what you are actually doing at work, studying, etc... Think what you do in holidays or with your ideal peers/alone.

I'm also new around here, but as nobody said it yet, be very welcomed!

Reactions: Shayzna

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't believe in 'loops', really.

I know I just said don't use tests but this one kinda cool:
arealme.com/16-personality-test-radar-version/en/

Keen to see what you get, I want to know if it matches the cognitive functions percentages in your OP.

Crafter- Observing calmly but acting fast.
ISTP

You are very patient and flexible. Normally you are a calm observer but as long as there is a problem, you try to find the solution as quickly as possible. You always analyze how things could be more efficient and solve practical problems with the support of abundant data. You are very interested in the cause and effect of things. You organize facts with objective, logical principles. You attach great importance to efficiency and virtue.

I can't post pictures(I don't have 15 posts yet) and I cant copy the map it gave me, so I gave my first result.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think your Te is "conditioned", meanwhile your Fe is real. Society in general -and peers and evaluators in particular- tend to accept Te argumentations as professional and valid, meanwhile they disrregard Fe as childish. So somehow types with high Fe suffer very negative feedback when extroverting Fe, so they then try to use Te as protection mechanism. If you have hear relevant persons around you say "you must hide your feelings", definitively you are Fe, not Te....

Ne and Ni is scoring the same, but if your are Fe trully, then MTBIwise you are Ni. That makes you INFJ.... and makes sense that you are here asking this question, with a lot of introspection and eager to know more about yourself.

Finally, if the opposite is the true, Te > Fe then Fi as auxilar, will make you INFP, but why then so high Ne and Ni ? and why Ti so high? Plus INFP are not asking theyself what the are actually ;-)

So, my bet is INFJ. Why don't you try to redo the tests but thinking more about what you are "inside you", not what you are actually doing at work, studying, etc... Think what you do in holidays or with your ideal peers/alone.

I'm also new around here, but as nobody said it yet, be very welcomed!

I retook the test twice

first time:(tried to test how "inside me" is)
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (50%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (65%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

Second time:(tested how I am when I am alone)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

Also, I agree with my Te as conditioned. When I was young, I would absorb everyone's emotions, was super sensitive and bullied for being different.
However, I am not quite sure I am an INFJ because I use Ti more. The whole absorbing emotions thing would be done at school, and over analyzing would be done at home and at friends' houses. So I am not sure if I am an ISTP or INFJ.

And welcome to you too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ISTP i don't see why,,,, is this your rationale ?

1st test: Te/Fe Ne/Ni Ti => Te Si Ne Fi (ESTJ) *** stressed Ti Se(low) Ni Fe (ISTP) => inferior Fe taking first place, but then Ti, not Te....
2nd test: Te Fe Ni/Si Se/Fi/Ti => Te Si (Ne50%?) Fi (ESTJ) *** stressed Ti(low) Se(low) Ni Fe (ISTP) => inferior Fe taking first place, but then Ti, not Te....
3rd test: Ne/Se Fe/Te Ni/Si => scored very high in everything

For me makes a lot more sense INFJ or maybe (very maybe) ENFJ

INFJ: Ni Fe Ti Se (Te as conditioned) *** stressed ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si)
this match 1st test except Se, in the 2nd/3rd Se already there...

or maybe
ENFJ: Fe Ni Se Ti (Te as conditioned) *** stressed INFP (Fi Ne Si Te)

maybe what it would help is to find E<->I axis, that must be easy. Because after seeing your test I'm not sure about I. Anyway INFJ under stress can be very extroverted.

Makes sense?

Reactions: Shayzna

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that you are mimicking people around you in some kind of adaptation. I don't think its possible (or healthy) to use all functions.

Lets try to narrow it down by different approach (if you want).

1. E/I: When you are in party, are you leaving as the last one, interacting with majority of people around even when you don't know them from before and next day you are full of energy (E) or you are leaving among the first, interacting only with people that you know and next day you are tired from too much interactions (I)?

2. S/N: Do you like to improvise? When you are cooking, do you go precisely according to receipts and when you don't have some ingredient you consider it to be ruined (S) or you like to adjust receipt according to your own tastes and material you currently have, experimenting with spices, etc (N)?

3. T/F: When you are deciding, do you decide according to your current feeling or by logic? F.e: I don't feel like going outside, it's raining and I will feel very uncomfortable being wet (F). Or more like: I don't think I will manage to catch that bus, I will need 5 min to get to bus stop and I still have to do my hair and to choose what to dress (T).

4. P/J: Do you care more who is talking (J) or what that person is talking (P)?. F.e: My boss is telling me to do something that I don't like. I will rather do it, because he is my boss and probably he know what he is doing more then me (J). I don't care who you are, but you are just wrong and making mistake (T).

Btw, did you try to do some "normal" MBTI test? What was your result?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ISTP i don't see why,,,, is this your rationale ?

1st test: Te/Fe Ne/Ni Ti => Te Si Ne Fi (ESTJ) *** stressed Ti Se(low) Ni Fe (ISTP) => inferior Fe taking first place, but then Ti, not Te....
2nd test: Te Fe Ni/Si Se/Fi/Ti => Te Si (Ne50%?) Fi (ESTJ) *** stressed Ti(low) Se(low) Ni Fe (ISTP) => inferior Fe taking first place, but then Ti, not Te....
3rd test: Ne/Se Fe/Te Ni/Si => scored very high in everything

For me makes a lot more sense INFJ or maybe (very maybe) ENFJ

INFJ: Ni Fe Ti Se (Te as conditioned) *** stressed ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si)
this match 1st test except Se, in the 2nd/3rd Se already there...

or maybe
ENFJ: Fe Ni Se Ti (Te as conditioned) *** stressed INFP (Fi Ne Si Te)

maybe what it would help is to find E<->I axis, that must be easy. Because after seeing your test I'm not sure about I. Anyway INFJ under stress can be very extroverted.

Makes sense?
I am definitely introverted. And I am sure I use Ti and Fe. So that's where I thought ISTP or INFJ.

If a INFJ acts kinda like an ENFP when stressed, I don't think that's me because when I am under stress, I tend to "become a dictator."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that you are mimicking people around you in some kind of adaptation. I don't think its possible (or healthy) to use all functions.

Lets try to narrow it down by different approach (if you want).

1. E/I: When you are in party, are you leaving as the last one, interacting with majority of people around even when you don't know them from before and next day you are full of energy (E) or you are leaving among the first, interacting only with people that you know and next day you are tired from too much interactions (I)?

2. S/N: Do you like to improvise? When you are cooking, do you go precisely according to receipts and when you don't have some ingredient you consider it to be ruined (S) or you like to adjust receipt according to your own tastes and material you currently have, experimenting with spices, etc (N)?

3. T/F: When you are deciding, do you decide according to your current feeling or by logic? F.e: I don't feel like going outside, it's raining and I will feel very uncomfortable being wet (F). Or more like: I don't think I will manage to catch that bus, I will need 5 min to get to bus stop and I still have to do my hair and to choose what to dress (T).

4. P/J: Do you care more who is talking (J) or what that person is talking (P)?. F.e: My boss is telling me to do something that I don't like. I will rather do it, because he is my boss and probably he know what he is doing more then me (J). I don't care who you are, but you are just wrong and making mistake (T).

Btw, did you try to do some "normal" MBTI test? What was your result?
When I am at a party, I usually go with my mom who is an ESFP. Most likely, within the first 10 minutes, I am already begging her to leave but we are the last one's to leave because she wants to stay. I pass out on the way home, get a headache and feel tired the next day.

When I cook, I do it exactly how it says in the instructions, but I think that's because I am a beginner. But anyways, maybe I'd still do it that way. I like to do most things by the instructions(naturally)

I use both feeling and thinking. That's why this is so hard. Sometime I use "I feel" and most of the time I use "I think."

I care more about what the person is talking about. If they are venting, I like to come up with a solution, although that is not always appreciated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am definitely introverted. And I am sure I use Ti and Fe. So that's where I thought ISTP or INFJ.

If a INFJ acts kinda like an ENFP when stressed, I don't think that's me because when I am under stress, I tend to "become a dictator."
Actually, it's the opposite... ;-)
There are a long list of ENFP "dictators".... but they fit more into the idealistic side, like starting by a "people's revolution" and ending with a totalitarian dictatorship.

On the other hand, ISTPs have a tendency of going directly into the totalitarian right wing, skipping the ideological part; Just aggressivity and violence by itself, and very little (or non) justification.

I know it is a weird question, but when you "become a dictator" under stress, is to defend your ideals or just because it make you feel good (relaxing) ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, it's the opposite... ;-)
There are a long list of ENFP "dictators".... but they fit more into the idealistic side, like starting by a "people's revolution" and ending with a totalitarian dictatorship.

On the other hand, ISTPs have a tendency of going directly into the totalitarian right wing, skipping the ideological part; Just aggressivity and violence by itself, and very little (or non) justification.

I know it is a weird question, but when you "become a dictator" under stress, is to defend your ideals or just because it make you feel good (relaxing) ?
It's not letting me log into my other account. When I become a dictator, I become very closed minded and just want other people to do as I say. I guess I do feel good. I'm not really sure. It just come's naturally. But I feel horrible afterwards

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's not letting me log into my other account. When I become a dictator, I become very closed minded and just want other people to do as I say. I guess I do feel good. I'm not really sure. It just come's naturally. But I feel horrible afterwards
then ISTP?do you define yourself as "conservative", not only in politics, but also more extensively to life decisions ? , e.g. dislike and see changes as dangerous risk, following carefully law -including non-wroten traditions-, thinking in terms of established order and authority, etc... ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used to be conservative like this in elementary school, but once middle and high school came, I started letting go, and naturally being more risk taking, I guess.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
people with high Si are often bad at these things, they remember what everybody elses strengths are and how they would handle that a situation and then incorporate that knowledge into themselves. Which is why tests that say "In this situation what would you do" don't really work. They don't work from themselves, they work from a platform of all the best information they've encountered, especially when Te and Si work together. an ISFJ's Si usually works like Te sometimes too lol, Si to a good list is like a moth to a flame. Istj doesn't have Fe, so maybe consider an ISFJ (if introvert). You should know if you're an introvert, that's pretty easy to distinguish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts