·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
…………...

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

Special Note: If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

Special Note: If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
I wish I could delete my own posts. I make a lot of stupid mistakes, and I can't help it.

·
4,742 Posts
check forum rules for what we delete and not, and think twice before posting. I don't know if it is like before, that there is a window(think it was 24 hours) when you can still edit your post? can you check perhaps, under the three dots in the top right corner of of your posts, is there an "edit"-option there? (I have one, but then I am a mod, so not sure if others do, like before)

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
check forum rules for what we delete and not, and think twice before posting. I don't know if it is like before, that there is a window(think it was 24 hours) when you can still edit your post? can you check perhaps, under the three dots in the top right corner of of your posts, is there an "edit"-option there? (I have one, but then I am a mod, so not sure if others do, like before)
Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

Please note there is currently a known bug with editing older posts that the developers are actively working on resolving.

- Cricket

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,059 Posts
Yes, it's possible to edit a post, but the delete functionality is gone. I agree with "think twice before posting" in general, but there have been a few times when I had multiple tabs open and replied to the wrong thread. In that situation, I would prefer to simply delete the post rather than editing it with a message indicating I posted in error.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But I'm still unable to get rid of pictures I accidently posted. I mean that's something that could potentially be REALLY bad.

·
4,742 Posts
But I'm still unable to get rid of pictures I accidently posted. I mean that's something that could potentially be REALLY bad.
But it seems you can edit for 24 hours, then you should be able to remove the picture, right? If it is "personally identifying" photos, you can report the post and ask for it to be edited to remove the picture.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But it seems you can edit for 24 hours, then you should be able to remove the picture, right? If it is "personally identifying" photos, you can report the post and ask for it to be edited to remove the picture.
I don't know how. Is it even possible?

·
4,742 Posts
I don't know how. Is it even possible?
See Crickets post up in this thread, explaining how to edit. Under the three dots there is also the option to "report", if 24 hours has passed, and you can't edit, but your post contain personally identifying information (name, picture of you, address etc.), you can report it, and ask moderators to fix it for you. In the forum rules you can read about what is removed and not:
Personality Cafe Rules rule 10

edit: if wanting to remove a picture, within 24 hours, it seems you can remove it in the textbox, but then there will still be an attachment, but under the textbox there is also the picture, with a "delete"-button next to it, remove that too, and it should be gone I think. If it is a picture from an URL, it should be enough to delete it in the textbox. I did a thread in spam and tried it, you could test there yourself if you want to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried the 3 dots. Didn't work. Its nothing overly revealing about me in the pics. Its just really annoying more than anything if you ask me.

·
4,742 Posts
then I don't really know... I can't see how it looks like for a regular member. If not more than 24 hours since you wrote the post, it should be possible. Which post is it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
then I don't really know... I can't see how it looks like for a regular member. If not more than 24 hours since you wrote the post, it should be possible. Which post is it?
The senior portraits thread. I wanna remove all the pics I posted besides my senior portrait. But it might be more than 24 hours. Idk.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, I just saw your edit. I have poor reading comprehension and I can't think right now. I'm not even gonna try to figure that out. @attic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts