Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the new generation live what we have back then?
No internet!
No Mobile phone!
No xBox, Psp, etc.
No Mp3!
i guest it will be hard on them to live what we have done...

·
Registered
52 Posts
They could not survive one day. just staying overnight in a car without electricity or battery life would KILL them.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It would be mass suicide. The doctors would be handing out medication for depression like it was air they needed to live.

Reactions: nothingnew

·
MOTM January 2013
10,621 Posts
Actually I could go easily without one, in fact the one I own at the moment, is the least tech phone you can have, all it does is text and make calls, that it! Mobiles wern't even popular til I was 13-14. Before then, we actually spoke to each other. 84 born.

·
Registered
313 Posts
if you're referring to the kids today, I think mine could, though they'd start whining about it after a few weeks. We aren't a super techie household anyway, so their experience is not a whole lot different than my childhood was and I know that's true for a lot of my friends, too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No internet!
No Mobile phone!
No xBox, Psp, etc.
No Mp3!
Personally, it would be difficult for me to survive. My business is in mobile phone application development. I have gig's of mp3's on my system. I dislike tv except for a few shows (NFL, Game of Thrones, Criminal Minds, NCIS...yeah that's about it nowadays). All this even though I had your 'normal' Gen X childhood (turn off the tv, go outside and play!). I think my 19 year old daughter would do better than I would lol.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Of course it would not kill anyone. We lived that way before and could again if forced to by circumstance (happens even now - power outages, camping trips, etc). That said, it might be wildly entertaining to watch it all go down the first week or two until the young ones adjust. :)

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
Can the new generation live what we have back then?
No internet!
No Mobile phone!
No xBox, Psp, etc.
No Mp3!
i guest it will be hard on them to live what we have done...
Well, yes, I lived through that... but I don't even know if I could do it again.

(When the Internet goes down, for example, I become a kind of freaky crazed woman deprived of her fix.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could do it.

No one really calls anyway.
I rarely game, and when I do, its on my PC for a very short period of time.
I often sit in complete silence.
The Internet however could be a challenge... Unless I have something else to do..

As long as I have the materials to be creative, I don't really care about the other things.
And yes, I can live without tv as well. Haven't watched television for about a year now. Could you do that? :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
LoL I don't they could last a day without modern conveniences. I would like to see them try....

·
Registered
652 Posts
i think the very worst thing would be no internet, no google, no information
i think i could live without all the rest
when i was very small, my mum had no washing machine in her house and we had no house phone, we had a tiny black and white tv and there were only 2 channels and we had a little fridge but only a tiny freezer compartment that just about fitted a box of fishfingers and some icecubes and it was forever frosted up.
what i really wouldnt like to give up is my washer, drier, dishwasher, microwave, big freezer, food processor and have to go back to virtual domestic slavery

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Only time I care is if I'm in the middle of something. Otherwise I'm a good little redneck who is fine out in the bush, though not so fine when having to take care of the needs my city slicker friends seem to have. Fetching water from a creek and boiling it was quite the stretch for them the one time they attempted camping my way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts