Personality Cafe banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
1,064 Posts
In terms of marital satisfaction yes. I mentioned her SPness because considering how long I've known her for, I'm very confident she's not secretly polygamous. 😄
A lot of things can go wrong in a relationship. Time will let you know if you have any kind of major incompatibilities. You might have been able to detect that she's not an Illuminati reptilian as well.
I see. Well if I were you then I'd still make sure she isn't the kind of person to one day take the kids and run. I would think that'd be more of a concern than her divorcing you.
Either way, the marriage dissolves. Again, time will tell if there are any problems. I'm not sure how long that is. Maybe every relationship is a shake of the dice. ENTP & INFJ relationships are supposed to be one of recommended pairs, but there are a lot more factors than just that. Unfortunately, some problems don't show up until you're already 5 years into the marriage and have a kid.
Well, if the age difference isn't too big of an issue and she doesn't see the marriage as "a project", and you can be fairly certain she won't run off with the kids one day, then you probably shouldn't have much to worry about other than remembering to put the toilet seat down at night. 😉
That a lot of things to worry about.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
10,370 Posts
A lot of things can go wrong in a relationship. Time will let you know if you have any kind of major incompatibilities. You might have been able to detect that she's not an Illuminati reptilian as well.
I think if my wife and I had any major incompatibilities, the past several years would've shook that out of us. While Illuminati reptilian isn't likely, I'm sure there are things about her I still don't know, just like there are for sure things about me she doesn't know about. Not anything dark, sinister or conspiratorial, but sometimes sharing information, even among couples is best left on a need-to-know basis.

Either way, the marriage dissolves. Again, time will tell if there are any problems. I'm not sure how long that is. Maybe every relationship is a shake of the dice. ENTP & INFJ relationships are supposed to be one of recommended pairs, but there are a lot more factors than just that. Unfortunately, some problems don't show up until you're already 5 years into the marriage and have a kid.
Ah, I wasn't suggesting that it won't work out between the two of you. I was just simply advising caution for something that's been known to happen. If you have a good feeling about her, then you're probably right. I'd think if/when you two meet, you'll have a much better idea as to any potential the two of you might have. You don't seem to think the age difference is a factor, so if you don't let it be an issue then more than likely she won't think it's an issue either.

That a lot of things to worry about.
I was joking. I was suggesting the main worry you should have now is to get back into the habit of putting the toilet seat down at night. 😉

·
Registered
INFJ
323 Posts
My wife and I are just under 11 years apart and we haven't had any issues. (I'm the older one) Age didn't factor into my attraction to her and she liked older guys, so it was a good fit. Her age when we met (20) was a little weird for me at first but I got over it.

Reactions: DonnaRowe

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
1,064 Posts
My wife and I are just under 11 years apart and we haven't had any issues. (I'm the older one) Age didn't factor into my attraction to her and she liked older guys, so it was a good fit. Her age when we met (20) was a little weird for me at first but I got over it.
The issue here is whether age-gap relationships, especially when one partner is under 25, are inherently predatorial. Some relationships are predatorial, but most are not. It sounds like it has worked out well for you, but some young people have felt taken advantage of by their older partners.

According to this opinion article in the Guardian:

If you’re unfamiliar with the debate, let me drag you down with me: over the past few years, a sizeable segment of the liberal-left has decided that age gaps within relationships (eg a 40-year-old going out with a 23-year-old) are inherently problematic. It’s an attitude which seems to be derived from a confluence of post-MeToo feminism and social justice politics, both of which rightly place an emphasis on caring for the vulnerable. The argument goes that age gaps reflect an imbalance of power and therefore leave young people open to coercion or abuse. The older partner is usually characterised as predatory; the younger partner as having been taken advantage of, even if they are well into their early twenties. ... For the most part, the anti-age gap sentiment comes from a sincere desire to safeguard vulnerable people. But, however well-intentioned, it often tips over into an ugly puritanism.
I think if my wife and I had any major incompatibilities, the past several years would've shook that out of us. While Illuminati reptilian isn't likely, I'm sure there are things about her I still don't know, just like there are for sure things about me she doesn't know about. Not anything dark, sinister or conspiratorial, but sometimes sharing information, even among couples is best left on a need-to-know basis.
We all have our secrets. I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pleeeeeeeaaaaase? With fake brown-nosing on top?

You all have the most beautiful eyes 👁👁
Now cut the shit.

The ease at which someone can get called a "craddle-snatcher" right now, ya know? It's enough to make a man want to go commit a dozen felonies in a single afternoon.

Shit, even if you're 28 and the woman is 22 Oh OBVIOUSLY you're taking advantage of her non-existent innocence. You monster.

What's this gonna lead to eventually, huh? Are we eventually gonna be shot on sight for being seen eating with a woman under 30 years old? Oh I can see it now..

"A 29 year old, really? What's next, an 8 year old??"

The nonsense people will come up with to justify this thought process.. I can't even begin to imagine. I don't know, I'm not an xNxP type. I can only say that's it's gonna be fantastic in the WORST possible sense.

I'm pretty sure this is all happening because fat, sagging, useless, older feminist types don't like that no man wants to be anywhere near them anymore.. so they're pulling out the "pedophile" card so they can feel better about being undeserving of attention.

That doesn't excuse this growing nonsense. It doesn't mean the rest of you have to fall for it.
As long as they both take care not to take advantage of one another, it's fine. Date whom you want. I wonder sometimes what two people talk about if one is old enough to be the other's parent, but I'm not privy to the relationship, so it's really none of my business.

However, the insulting and misogynistic way you referred to older women at the end of your post was beyond the pale. Truth be told, why would some sweet young thing want a middle-aged guy with a beer gut and a thinning head of hair? Same thing, right? So get real.

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
1,064 Posts
As long as they both take care not to take advantage of one another, it's fine. Date whom you want. I wonder sometimes what two people talk about if one is old enough to be the other's parent, but I'm not privy to the relationship, so it's really none of my business.
The suspicion is that the older one is predatory or seeking someone to control, but this isn't often the case. Two artistic types of different ages will have more in common than an artistic type and a business type that are the same age.
Chronological age might tick tick tick upward, but people's perceived age and felt age might matter more for the success of a relationship. Partners with significant age gaps might be better matched in terms of their shared interests, vitality, energy, and health than many same-aged couples. Ultimately, the day-to-day emotions, thoughts, and behaviors that define a relationship are known only by those in the relationship, not by nosy outsiders. When partners are well-suited, regardless of their age gap, they can have a strong, satisfying partnership.
How Much Does Age Matter in a Relationship?
However, the insulting and misogynistic way you referred to older women at the end of your post was beyond the pale. Truth be told, why would some sweet young thing want a middle-aged guy with a beer gut and a thinning head of hair? Same thing, right? So get real.
OP may not be around to reply.
Reading through this thread to see what I missed. * shaking my head *

After what the OP said I have a feeling the ban isn't temporary but I wouldn't mind if he were allowed back.

Reactions: DonnaRowe

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
10,370 Posts
We all have our secrets. I'm glad to hear that things are going well.
If my wife were a secret Illuminati reptilian, I'd be pretty mad at her for not inviting me to join sooner. 😉 I'm kidding of course, but that's something couples don't keep secret from one another. :p

·
Infractionated
Actually a thousand hermit crabs in a trench coat pretending to be human.
12,810 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is all happening because fat, sagging, useless, older feminist types don't like that no man wants to be anywhere near them anymore.. so they're pulling out the "pedophile" card so they can feel better about being undeserving of attention.
Hello! fat, sagging, useless, older feminist here (by someone's metric, surely). I don't want you or your attention, but a lot of us are speaking up because as we've gotten older, we've realized shit like "hmm when I was 18 that 28 year old dude who kept saying I was mature for my age and hanging out probably didn't think I was mature for my age/actually like the same author or game or whatever reason he gave for hanging about and he was just being gross, but my brain wasn't fully developed yet and I didn't realize that until I got older and realized how fucked it was." And are not trying to block some 40 year old from his 18 year old crush because any of us want his crusty ass but because we've been that 18 year old and were taken advantage of.

Why the fuck is pedophile in quotes?

·
Registered
ENTP 2w1 sx/so
1,064 Posts
Years ago, there was a lot of openly disparaging words said and written about same-sex, interracial, and non-binary relationships. Some people claimed such relationships were inherently abusive. Now these are accepted and even alternative relationships such as poly-amorous relationships are gaining acceptance. Age-difference couples seem the last refuge for "enlightened" people to be free to talk just like Archie Bunker.

Couples with some age difference choose each other for a variety of reasons, and these reasons often don't match these negative stereotypes. There are happy couples and unhappy couples whatever (legal) ages are involved. No one should stay where they are unhappy, though children should at least be considered. It is interesting to note that same-sex couples have greater differences on average compared to heterosexual couples. Presumably, same-sex couples are less affected by society's norms and choose the most compatible person regardless of age.
Hello! fat, sagging, useless, older feminist here (by someone's metric, surely). I don't want you or your attention, but a lot of us are speaking up because as we've gotten older, we've realized shit like "hmm when I was 18 that 28 year old dude who kept saying I was mature for my age and hanging out probably didn't think I was mature for my age/actually like the same author or game or whatever reason he gave for hanging about and he was just being gross, but my brain wasn't fully developed yet and I didn't realize that until I got older and realized how fucked it was." And are not trying to block some 40 year old from his 18 year old crush because any of us want his crusty ass but because we've been that 18 year old and were taken advantage of.

Why the fuck is pedophile in quotes?
I suspect the original poster is banned and won't be responding.

Reactions: Crowbo

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
All I know is that I'm dating a 9 year old and everything is just fine.

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
Hello! fat, sagging, useless, older feminist here
Oh shut up, daleks. You know very well half this forum has a hard-on for you and your nerdy board games.

How do you think that would make a REAL fat sagging person feel.

Like me.

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
I suspect the original poster is banned and won't be responding.
Isn't it wonderful?

I want to walk around PerC with a picket sign that reads ONLY BANNING SHOULD BE BANNED.

• Haha
Reactions: daleks_exterminate

·
Infractionated
Actually a thousand hermit crabs in a trench coat pretending to be human.
12,810 Posts
Oh shut up, daleks. You know very well half this forum has a hard-on for you and your nerdy board games.

How do you think that would make a REAL fat sagging person feel.

Like me.
Fine, I'll take one for the team and eat more ice cream until I catch up. I should also fuck up my thyroid for good measure. I've always wanted two airplane seats for myself and the idea of a scooter to get around seems pretty fun. There's also the luxury of some assholes already having a negative opinion based on appearance...so I'd be able to get away with anything as I'd be judged anyway so really I might as well eat a tube of mayonaise on a public bus for the lolz in that case. Oh also judgemental people will probably stop trying to make small talk with me when I'm wearing sunglasses and headphones at the dog park so that's a massive win. I'm not seeing many negatives here.

(Sorry if your post was serious though.)

Reactions: AnneM

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
121 - 134 of 134 Posts