Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the INTJs forum and descriptions... Although I am pretty confident I am an Extrovert & ENTP in general...
I wonder if that s possible to be able to switch modes between ENTP and INTJ. (with a rather weak J :D)

Both have N T F S as their functions stack and I imagine the orientation to be a scale we can move on consciously and / or unconsciously, specially our Dom & Auxiliary functions.

I have the impression we are so similar yet so different, it that makes any sense...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Under great amounts stress, ENTPs will behave in ways similar to INTJs, it is said. I can actually kinda of personally attest to that. When I'm depressed I become a lot more obsessed with being externally organized and I become less outgoing. It's not that I change functions or type, the functions, under a particular set of circumstances, just behave somewhat differently. Many common descriptions of the ENTP include that they become obsessed with details under stress...

·
Registered
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,553 Posts
I feel the same way at times; must be because of our shadow functions. An INTJ shadow is Ne > Ti > Fe > Si (ENTP functions) and an ENTP shadow is Ni > Te > Fi > Se (INTJ functions).

I've also noticed that famous people often get typed both as ENTPs and INTJs by different sources, e.g. Christopher Hitchens or Nikola Tesla.

Reactions: TimeWillTell

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I feel the same way at times; must be because of our shadow functions. An INTJ shadow is Ne > Ti > Fe > Si (ENTP functions) and an ENTP shadow is Ni > Te > Fi > Se (INTJ functions).

I've also noticed that famous people often get typed both as ENTPs and INTJs by different sources, e.g. Christopher Hitchens or Nikola Tesla.
Yeah and people, not into typology, often compare me to INTJs.

Reactions: TimeWillTell

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I am in an interesting situation.

I underwent a radical reorientation in my career and locked myself in to learn quick and not get distracted, almost to an extreme focus.

I realized I didn't need so frequent social interaction to keep a decent enough level of energy and motivation. This decrease of my extrovert tendency (Or am I being extrovert alone with my computer, would that be possible :D?) really is what helps me maintain more momentum in my work, it is like I am harnessing Ne which helps me access Ni more easily.

LOL, I feel so nonsensical but maybe I am not so so.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I posted her before:

She describes the differences well. But I'm with her, when it comes to NTJs, I tend to start at the same point as theirs when it comes to behavior/thinking, but then they take that thought process into a different direction. I'll be "Wow, I'm with you 80-90%, but those last 10% are fucking idiotioc". And they probably feel the same way about my thinking.

Not that I think they're actually idiotic, just, there is a large dichotomy in our thinking after a certain point.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted her before:

She describes the differences well. But I'm with her, when it comes to NTJs, I tend to start at the same point as theirs when it comes to behavior/thinking, but then they take that thought process into a different direction. I'll be "Wow, I'm with you 80-90%, but those last 10% are fucking idiotioc". And they probably feel the same way about my thinking.

Not that I think they're actually idiotic, just, there is a large dichotomy in our thinking after a certain point.
She is good!!! And text book ENTP :D

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Reactions: Swede
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.