Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently decided i'm probably more of a 6 than 7. 6w7. I relate to much of the inner fears and anxiety, although i'm still quite confident in many aspects of my life. I want to be sure i typed myself correctly. Would love to hear if any of you 6's feel you can be confident and still have anxiety. Thanks :)

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I just recently decided i'm probably more of a 6 than 7. 6w7. I relate to much of the inner fears and anxiety, although i'm still quite confident in many aspects of my life. I want to be sure i typed myself correctly. Would love to hear if any of you 6's feel you can be confident and still have anxiety. Thanks :)
I've considered 6 for myself as well, but anything that would point to a 6 for me is largely due to PTSD I've acquired within the last three years. I'm starting to come back to who I am which is much different from what I have become since "the incident." I'm kind of waiting it out to see if this change is permanent or if it will pass. Time will tell me all I need to know. I want to get back to who I was before, and I'm slowly getting there. I do believe I'll make it there eventually, and that person is a clear 7. Like I said though... time will tell :)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've considered 6 for myself as well, but anything that would point to a 6 for me is largely due to PTSD I've acquired within the last three years. I'm starting to come back to who I am which is much different from what I have become since "the incident." I'm kind of waiting it out to see if this change is permanent or if it will pass. Time will tell me all I need to know. I want to get back to who I was before, and I'm slowly getting there. I do believe I'll make it there eventually, and that person is a clear 7. Like I said though... time will tell :)
I realize you're going through some turmoil at the moment, i hope all the best for you :))....I do relate with 7 on some level, although i'm not near as outgoing as said 7. I don't like to entertain people and be the voice the crowd. I love 7's though, although i don't think my core is a 7. Now with 6, i relate more with the inner demons, anxiety and so on. Maybe i'm going though some shit emotionally with things that have made me angry over the past few years. I believe i told you, and now that i think of it only you up until yesterday about one of those blows. So its hard for me because i'm not sure if i'm not healthy, or if 6 is my core. My husband tells me PerC is not healthy for me. He says he sees changes in me since i've joined, in a negative way :/ sigh.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I realize you're going through some turmoil at the moment, i hope all the best for you :))....I do relate with 7 on some level, although i'm not near as outgoing as said 7. I don't like to entertain people and be the voice the crowd. I love 7's though, although i don't think my core is a 7. Now with 6, i relate more with the inner demons, anxiety and so on. Maybe i'm going though some shit emotionally with things that have made me angry over the past few years. I believe i told you, and now that i think of it only you up until yesterday about one of those blows. So its hard for me because i'm not sure if i'm not healthy, or if 6 is my core. My husband tells me PerC is not healthy for me. He says he sees changes in me since i've joined, in a negative way :/ sigh.
I'll PM you my thoughts :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have to believe in my skill set because I would rather not put my complete faith in another person. Sometimes it can be mistaken for arrongance or standoffish behavior. I'll be honest and say it's a combination of fear and pride. Fear of being let down and pride of being able to stand on my own without outside interference.

·
Banned
891 Posts
So its hard for me because i'm not sure if i'm not healthy, or if 6 is my core. My husband tells me PerC is not healthy for me. He says he sees changes in me since i've joined, in a negative way :/ sigh.
I can relate to the "changed person" part. I've been here a short time, and my depression has deepened. That said, I was starting to go through major changes starting mid-January, so the depression worsening and my trying to find myself here might just be coincidence.

And like you, I've also realized that I mistyped (although I originally came here believing I was a 6).

The 6s here are nice, btw, so you'll definitely be among friends, even if you are still a 7.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My husband tells me PerC is not healthy for me. He says he sees changes in me since i've joined, in a negative way :/ sigh.
Being a counterphobic So-dominate Type 6, reading that makes the thunderclouds rumble and the wind howl. However, I've always enjoyed your insight over in the NF sub-forum, and in the interest of your inner/domestic peace, I'm going to stick to positive feedback.

I'm Super Confident in myself. Probably being an ENTP has something to do with that. 8D

My anxiety is primarily over the direction humans work/fall towards as a race, as a country, as a religion, as a non-profit organization, etc. When Phoenix, my loyal canine companion, is sick or injured, I get extremely antsy, and it's difficult-to-impossible for me to relax until I've been to the vet and had the situation examined and a solution presented.

But as for me, I don't have any problems at all dealing with people, I can march into a room full of strangers and correct a problem, (loudly or quietly) or take an interest in someone easy as pie.

Anxiety isn't eternal, it's only triggered by specific threats to something I am concerned with.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Being a counterphobic So-dominate Type 6, reading that makes the thunderclouds rumble and the wind howl. However, I've always enjoyed your insight over in the NF sub-forum, and in the interest of your inner/domestic peace, I'm going to stick to positive feedback.

I'm Super Confident in myself. Probably being an ENTP has something to do with that. 8D

My anxiety is primarily over the direction humans work/fall towards as a race, as a country, as a religion, as a non-profit organization, etc. When Phoenix, my loyal canine companion, is sick or injured, I get extremely antsy, and it's difficult-to-impossible for me to relax until I've been to the vet and had the situation examined and a solution presented.

But as for me, I don't have any problems at all dealing with people, I can march into a room full of strangers and correct a problem, (loudly or quietly) or take an interest in someone easy as pie.

Anxiety isn't eternal, it's only triggered by specific threats to something I am concerned with.
Thank you so much for that, i can sense you see my struggle. I do have anxiety internally that i don't talk about much. I get myself worked up over small things, and usually specific threats if i feel like i'm being provoked. I have no issues dealing with people, i'm actually very confident with my job, friends, family and quite confident in myself. This is why i'm having a hard time typing myself. When i read about 6's i see all the negative things, and although i can relate with much of that, it doesn't effect my confidence level with people, or myself. I'm still naive with ENNG, i didn't know what CP meant up until last night :/

Thanks for the positive feedback, it was encouraging to hear :)

Reactions: LimeDegree

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can relate to the "changed person" part. I've been here a short time, and my depression has deepened. That said, I was starting to go through major changes starting mid-January, so the depression worsening and my trying to find myself here might just be coincidence.

And like you, I've also realized that I mistyped (although I originally came here believing I was a 6).

The 6s here are nice, btw, so you'll definitely be among friends, even if you are still a 7.
I hope your depression gets better :) I often wondered if being with people who were less healthy than i am actually increases my level. I plan on taking the summer off from PerC. If i see that my health has improved, i will probably not come back. Until then i want to try and figure out my ENNG. Thanks for your feedback, it was appreciated.

Reactions: Steel Magnolia

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So its hard for me because i'm not sure if i'm not healthy, or if 6 is my core. My husband tells me PerC is not healthy for me. He says he sees changes in me since i've joined, in a negative way :/ sigh.
People have said this to me as well. I have even noticed myself becoming negative, angry and filled with anxiety- which was actually quite unlike me before joining PerC. I have started to wonder if I am really a true 6 lately. I was completely fine on here before others started picking at my posts and trying to interpret things that I had written with a different negative spin or meaning and I'm just sitting on the other side of my screen like, "What? I said what I meant. There's no deeper meaning to what I just said. Jeebus." Now I'm paranoid (and it shows in some of my posts) that others are doing things they're not really doing. I.e. Saying to a user that has quoted me, "You're judging/criticizing/making fun of me and it hurts so don't." To receive a, "What the fu-? That's not what I'm doing. You're accusing me of nothing. It's all in your head." kind of reply. I am starting to believe I am an ISFP. In any case, it's all made me touchy and all I want is my harmony back. Which is why I took a few week break from PerC recently and I avoided logging in or even coming back at all but I missed reading people like @Jawz's posts for example so, I decided to try it again but take it very lightly and to remind myself I don't have to respond if I don't want to- especially if the poster is being negative. I don't like being around negativity. I like to be content and happy- that works for me. /Ponders... Maybe I am a 9.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Odd, many years ago I would have considered myself a type 7 as well.

You can in fact be quite confident, but as I've gotten older I have realized that the more I know in a particular subject the less I know overall.

It's nearly impossible to be 100% sure of yourself. I've become more confident in the ability to not know what is going to happen next. :rolleyes:

The only thing I can say that would help is that the mind is the seat of health for the rest of the body. Pessimism is our greatest weakness and can stop us before we actually start.

Start with that and see where the pessimism is coming from. Mine came from my lackluster experience in college. Once I made peace with that and started looking at the entire experience as a journey that kinda helped.

I spend a lot of time talking myself out of my own self doubt. Any other 6s do this?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
People have said this to me as well. I have even noticed myself becoming negative, angry and filled with anxiety- which was actually quite unlike me before joining PerC. I have started to wonder if I am really a true 6 lately. I was completely fine on here before others started picking at my posts and trying to interpret things that I had written with a different negative spin or meaning and I'm just sitting on the other side of my screen like, "What? I said what I meant. There's no deeper meaning to what I just said. Jeebus." Now I'm paranoid (and it shows in some of my posts) that others are doing things they're not really doing. I.e. Saying to a user that has quoted me, "You're judging/criticizing/making fun of me and it hurts so don't." To receive a, "What the fu-? That's not what I'm doing. You're accusing me of nothing. It's all in your head." kind of reply. I am starting to believe I am an ISFP. In any case, it's all made me touchy and all I want is my harmony back. Which is why I took a few week break from PerC recently and I avoided logging in or even coming back at all but I missed reading people like @Jawz's posts for example so, I decided to try it again but take it very lightly and to remind myself I don't have to respond if I don't want to- especially if the poster is being negative. I don't like being around negativity. I like to be content and happy- that works for me. /Ponders... Maybe I am a 9.
I feel your pain, believe me. My husband says my existence on PerC has turned me into someone he doesn't recognize. Like you, the negative atmosphere gets to me. I don't even have to respond to post or be quoted in order to feel that. Reading is enough for me. Now don't get me wrong, i have created negative surroundings for myself also, so i'm not in denial about being confrontational at times. The thing is, this isn't the way i behave in the real world. I don't fight, i don't argue, i'm at peace with people and my environment, so what it is about this place that can turn me into a monster, IDK.

I find it really hard to actually be myself without being accused of attacking . I try and lower my interweb tone in order not to offend people, but that isn't easy either. When i can't be direct in speech ( which is how i am in the real world ) it feels very fake and phony to me. So , what do you do. Sugar coat things so you won't hurt people, or be yourself, because people will read and take things out of context, so it feels like i can't win for losing. I have to leave smiley's, i have to pretend to care about things i don't, so therefore i'm not being authentic. This is my struggle right now with ENNG, am i a 6, or am i someone who is bringing unnecessary anger from the interweb.

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
My husband tells me PerC is not healthy for me. He says he sees changes in me since i've joined, in a negative way :/ sigh.
Cause and effect may be of concern here.

But to you and to @paper lilies, I have a couple of suggestions - The interactions online are parasocial.

Even though it feels like one is safe in their home, they are not safe from emotional impact. No one can truly divest their emotions from any interactions, therefore what one can do is put up selective barriers around oneself that are similar to barriers in ones life.

No matter how much we would like to believe, this is a lot like real life - in fact relatively more harmful because at least in life when we say something in the heat of the moment, it's always said in front of a select few people who we willingly let into our lives.

This is public and it isn't insulated. I'm not pointing any fingers but there are people here that aren't good for each other just like in real life. The difference is that we cannot get away from those people who aren't good for us because of the public nature of this place.

What I've done after I was bitten the first time is become exclusive like I would IRL. I have a blacklist and I have certain rules of engagement. There are people that aren't good for me, so I've basically cut them out of my forum life just like I would cut people out of my real life.

We're interacting with thousands of people at the same time and not ALL of them are healthy and mature. It's going to impact us in a deeply profound way like any other social experience. In other words .... choose who you interact with and don't let them choose you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When i read about 6's i see all the negative things...
There seems to be a tendency in the threads here where people view 6 traits as negative.

I don't, and I'm not sure why.

I'm concerned with the reliability of social systems that safeguard, teach, and provision the human race. Being concerned isn't negative, in my opinion. Apathy is way worse than being concerned, isn't it? I mean, who teaches apathy as a value? I'm willing to concede optimism could be equally valuable as concern. But apathy certainly isn't better than concern. But I'm looking at it from an So point of view...maybe that's why I value concern more than apathy. Clearly, there's some aspect of the Type 6 description that I'm not picking up on.

Or maybe I'm just clinically insane?

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
I find it really hard to actually be myself without being accused of attacking .
^^^this

I have been accused of this a handful of times. In real life and online.

A friend of mine told me that it is important to know that you can't please everyone. He's a type 8 if I believe correctly haha.

With that in mind, when I dish out criticism I expect it in return. It's a fine line to tote, but it is possible.

There seems to be a tendency in the threads here where people view 6 traits as negative.

I don't, and I'm not sure why.

I'm concerned with the reliability of social systems that safeguard, teach, and provision the human race. Being concerned isn't negative, in my opinion. Apathy is way worse than being concerned, isn't it? I mean, who teaches apathy as a value? I'm willing to concede optimism could be equally valuable as concern. But apathy certainly isn't better than concern. But I'm looking at it from an So point of view...maybe that's why I value concern more than apathy. Clearly, there's some aspect of the Type 6 description that I'm not picking up on.

Or maybe I'm just clinically insane?
Me too, I always was concerned with the sustainability of my lifestyle. That's not a bad thing and in the face of thoughtless "optimism" I'd rather be aware of the faults of the system and thinking about it than placing that faith into someone else.

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
Pfft .. the ones who do, have no idea just how functional a type 6, or a 6 fix makes one IRL. It's my go to guy in times of doubt .. it's what protects me from assholes. It's what safeguards myself and my family from danger. It's what allows me to balance the narcissism of the 3 and converts it into humility and realistic ambition.

So .. haters gonna hate.

I wouldn't give up my 6 fix for the world.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
You may be your harshest critic, but here's a good question to answer:

Would you take the lead when no one else is able to?

Think of a few examples where you took the league. I know a handful of people guys and girls who would fall apart and cry in bad instances. Like car accidents, fires, etc. Would you immediately snap to save the day?

·
Banned
891 Posts
I feel your pain, believe me. My husband says my existence on PerC has turned me into someone he doesn't recognize. Like you, the negative atmosphere gets to me. I don't even have to respond to post or be quoted in order to feel that. Reading is enough for me. Now don't get me wrong, i have created negative surroundings for myself also, so i'm not in denial about being confrontational at times. The thing is, this isn't the way i behave in the real world. I don't fight, i don't argue, i'm at peace with people and my environment, so what it is about this place that can turn me into a monster, IDK.

I find it really hard to actually be myself without being accused of attacking . I try and lower my interweb tone in order not to offend people, but that isn't easy either. When i can't be direct in speech ( which is how i am in the real world ) it feels very fake and phony to me. So , what do you do. Sugar coat things so you won't hurt people, or be yourself, because people will read and take things out of context, so it feels like i can't win for losing. I have to leave smiley's, i have to pretend to care about things i don't, so therefore i'm not being authentic. This is my struggle right now with ENNG, am i a 6, or am i someone who is bringing unnecessary anger from the interweb.
I can relate to this. If you need to leave, I'll totally get it. I may do the same, if need be. I think part of the uncivil nature some of the forums here may be because many of the posters here are on the younger side of generation Y (late teens/early 20s). I'm on the older side (age 30) and when I was ten years younger, I had far less intelligence. The posters here (excepting the trolls) seem to have more intelligence than I did in my early 20s, and I tend to respect intelligence. But, I also respect maturity, and if one is looking for maturity, than PerC may not be the best place to find that (due to some of the nature of the comments in some of the forums. Some people are...quite sick, actually).

I'll miss you if you leave, though, but you gotta do what's best for you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.