Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I'm INFJ but I just don't relate to them like INFP's, but at the same time I always keep my room neat and tidy, as well as my surroundings, and by neat I mean VERY neat. Not in a way where I want to organize stuff, but just put them back where they were.

So, am I an INFJ or just an INFP with overneatness?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used to have a messy room and unorganized files on the computer desktop, but over the years, I find that I like things organized. Its very easy to access things in organized spots than to look through a pile to find it. I grown to dislike disorganization, but I am not a neat freak either. I feel its due to the perfectionist tendency of being an INFP. Maybe strong tertiary Introverted Sensing?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i think tidiness can be a learned attribute but it's something i dont think i would actually commit to. I just dont see the benefit of having everything organized and tidy looking when i can have it messy yet still be able to find the things i need. The effort i put into making something organized isn't rewarded, so i just leave my room messy :D

4,757 Posts
I find that I can keep things neat if they are neat and tidy to begin with and when I'm living with people who aren't my family. Once the mess gets to a certain point, I don't care anymore.

I think the first is a manifestation of my perfectionist streak, and the second is my true Pness and lazyiness shining through.

·
Registered
444 Posts
yes totally. while I'm no where near a clean freak, something about a clean living space is just....nice. and it luckily is that way more often than not:laughing:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My other half allows me my corner of the room to be as I like it, A Mess. She just tut tut's and slowly shakes her head making meaningful noises about how can I live in such turmoil. If I lived on my own I would be a total slob. But having to share living space I try really really hard to be tidy with only little success. But she loves me still anyway. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I thought that I'm INFJ but I just don't relate to them like INFP's, but at the same time I always keep my room neat and tidy, as well as my surroundings, and by neat I mean VERY neat. Not in a way where I want to organize stuff, but just put them back where they were.

So, am I an INFJ or just an INFP with overneatness?
Define neat and tidy. What looks like a mess to others is often what I consider neat and tidy. My mess is always organized by my standards. So it is neat and tidy to me.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm quite tidy. I really love organizing, and I feel better when my environment is "tamed," so to speak. I also have a few other stereotypically J tendencies and once thought I was an INFJ, as well.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i may be lazy and sometimes disorganized...ok a lot of times. but i like to have things clean. something about being home i just get really lazy and dont care. when i live by myself (like college) where theres no parental influence, i am neat and organized. i wouldnt say im a clean freak but i like to have the space i live in to be clean and neat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts