Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now its going to be easy + difficult for us to answer as we have 2 kinda people, first who are too much emotional second who don't know where emotion words come from.

If you have ever had that opportunity to buy your love with money, would you like to buy it? Or if anyhow you can buy your love through money, would you like to buy it or not?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
No but you can buy a pretty good substitute.

Why waste money on love when I can get it for free?
I'm honestly to cheap for that...

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
No. Money is a good influencial factor, I'll admit, but earning it makes it all the more beneficial. The way I see it is: why get lazy with a life decision? It's only the foundation of your committed one for x amount of time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To some degree money makes you happier, but its not the money itself that does so but the workings of society as is; money is essential to live. A person with no food, shelter, ect is most likely a miserable person because they are envious and hungry and have little to nothing, however even so I've met a homeless man that lives in my area that is a happier person than a lot of people I know, or at least puts up a good front. For some people, they feel they have failed themselves and their loved ones to not be able to afford to take the best care of them, and some people who cant afford adequate healthcare suffer from sickness, ect. Beyond the basic standards of living and living up to set expectations, and having what is necessary to live. Theres also rich yet unhappy people in society.

You dont have to be wealthy to be happy, but its comforting to know you can pay the bills and eat this week :happy:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
That question is a lot more difficult than it at first appears. Can you buy love with money? No, if you ask it that way the answer is a big no.

But can you buy love with any other kind of currency? Is love itself not a currency with which you can buy love? Sometimes love is a spontaneous thing that comes entirely from within. You meet someone and after a while its boom, you're in love.
But more often love comes from giving and receiving it. That will gradually reinforce the feeling of mutual love. So in that sense you have indeed 'bought' love.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Yes, hypothetically, I would give nearly anything for love as long as it was real. The problem with "buying" love is that it wouldn't be possible. Every scenario I can imagine involves materialism and some form of business arrangement that would turn it into emotional prostitution. Love has to be an act of will, intentional and freely chosen in order to have value. It must be felt toward a person rather than an object in order to be meaningful. If I were to purchase it from someone who wasn't providing it just for the money, who wasn't just using the image of 'love' to acquire something else, who wanted to bond intimately with a desired self, then why would the money be necessary at all? How would money make the person more likely to fall in love with me? The only scenario I can think of in which this might happen would be if he merely observed me spending money on a charitable cause that he cared about, but then I wouldn't be "buying" love. It would just be a side benefit of having given the money away, not the purpose for it.

Please clarify the exact situation that would make it possible to buy love. I'm confused.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No I wouldn't, but it would certain ease the heartache of a breakup cause, in theory, you could buy more to replace what you lost from the breakup.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Financial sacrifices are still sacrifices and all sacrifices can become offerings of love. If you can sacrifice enough of something for someone to appreciate, you can buy love with that object. It is not a crude and direct transaction. Nothing is guaranteed.

Example:

-If I worked and saved all my life to earn $1, and then I spent that $1 to make you happy; I gave almost everything for your love.
-If I inherited a billion dollars, wasted millions on frivolities, and then I spent a few thousand dollars to make you happy; I earned nothing and lost little to gain your love.

The Charlie Chaplin film, City Lights is great theatrical example. The film is about a poor tramp who helps a blind flower girl. The tamp pretends to be a millionaire, and goes through all kinds of comic adventures to earn the money she needs for a medical operation to cure her blindness. It's a great a sentimental story. The tramp, despite his luck with finding the money, is back to being a tramp after being falsely imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. The movie ends with the tramp wandering the streets. He bumps into the flower girl, who can now see after her operation. She takes pity on the tramp and places a coin in his palm. The shape of his hand seems familiar to her. She caresses his hand and looks him in the eye: "You?"

Then I started cutting onions in the theater for some reason.

Reactions: Jackdaw

·
Registered
226 Posts
Can you buy love?
Not really, no.

Money can be used as ... a pathway for love, i cant really think of an approproate phrase to describe it.
Let me give an example - you could spend alot of money on, say, something beautiful for someone you loved, something you knew they would like and would make them smile. Love may be felt by that person, for you, on recieving this gift.
You could spend a small amount of money, or no money at all, on something beautiful for someone you loved, which you knew they would like and would make them smile. And again, love may be felt by that person, for you, on receiving this.
As demonstrated, it is the emotion expressed by this transaction that caused a swell in the recievers feelings, not the amount spent.

I do, however, acknowledge exceptions, other sides to this. It depends, ultimately, on the person involved, and their values. A individual may be materialistic, or imature, and feel that by spending only a little on a gift, that you do not truly love them - in which case a very different set of feelings may arise. And a simular individual may feel a positive, feeling of love with a more expensive gift, though i think this can often miander more into the realms of adoration than love, though not always.

A certain type of love, may arise in some individuals, in response to wealth. Or at least an attraction, which can lead, along the line, to the developement of love. But I feel ultimately that it is not money that leads to love, even in these cases - it arises seperate from money, or it arises due to a persons values, ways of thinking ect, and anything could be implemented in the place of money, if it still ticked the right boxes.

All that being said, if I could buy love, real love, would I? My first response would be - No. It would cheapen it. Or I would buy the sort of love that I could not reciprocate. Then I thought - what if money, could be used, to show love and affection, an amazing amount of love and affection? But then, maybe that would, again not be the sort of love I would want. I would want someone to love me, with small displays as much as huge ones, if the same feeling was there.
But what if, giving a certain amount of money, could lead to a magic wand being waved, and all certain obsticles being removed? Without losing integrity, changing things in the wrong way, or such? That waving this magic wand could make the right enviroment for love to blossom, where overwise it would not have done, but purely due to circumstances? A damn more difficult question to answer than I thought. The last way I mentioned, maybe.

Edit: Ahhh yes, generally speaking, much of the above post lol. My apologies.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
No, love is not related in anyway to anything physical.

Those who don't agree, fuck off, I'm not going to explain it, if you don't get it now, you probably never will.

Excuse my language.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Love cannot be bought. However, the capability for a either party to provide for the family or to take care of the kids is important. Love can be earned, first for yourself and then for others.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
No. If you have to buy love, then it's not true love and is contingent on something external. Once the money's gone, so can the so called love.

Love isn't something that can be purchased, bought, or sold. It comes from within, and no amount of money can fill up an empty void.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Buying love has more to do with gaining power and control than with nurturing real emotional intimacy, because if you buy love, you turn up with the kind of love you don’t want to own. And it lasts only as long as the money does.

In the game of love you cannot think "How can I hook someone and what can I use to reel her in?” . Instead, you must truly desire to get to know someone and allow her to know you in return

Love = true companionship, and true companionship requires:
emotional availability, real interest in someone else, some personal introspection, a sense of humor, kindness, empathy for others and an ability to listen, reveal and share. These traits are what you need in a relationship. and they cost nothing financially, but do require real emotional energy.

So you cannot buy love financially but you can buy it by investing in it emotionally, and really know the person, and by giving and sharing...

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah sure you can if i have money i would buy love instead of earning it to avoid the pains it brings in the process

·
Registered
273 Posts
Now its going to be easy + difficult for us to answer as we have 2 kinda people, first who are too much emotional second who don't know where emotion words come from.

If you have ever had that opportunity to buy your love with money, would you like to buy it? Or if anyhow you can buy your love through money, would you like to buy it or not?

If you are in love with anything that is not human, then go ahead and buy it. Last I knew, people and love itself could not be bought. Everything comes with a price when gained with artificial means.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No, not love. Perhaps other feelings, but not love.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts