Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not absolutely certain who I am, probably never will. Yes, I have looked and thoroughly examined the functions but have great difficulty relating to them in the copacetic fashion possible, and identifying my past use of them. Possibly INxx. Probably a lot of unnecessary detail. Any help will be cherished/appreciated :proud:

1. What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

To be honest, I don’t know. I often have a lot of existential questions and crises throughout the year in trying to figure out something about myself, so that may be the reason; I’m pretty unsure about a lot of things and speculate, but nevertheless decisive about the things I am sure of. I have sought out a counselor at my university, and the talk therapy and questioning he gives me really helps bring out those inner questions. Whenever I respond, I come to find the answers out of thin air and it’s the weirdest experience. It’s like I then know what to do afterwards with his present aid.

Most of my adolescence thus far has been one of heavy analysis, and I do a lot of research and philosophical thought on my own time—I guess of how it could be maybe. I want to say that maybe because I wasn’t so social in high school that my tertiary (presumably Ti) was desired since I was alone most of the time, but I’m not sure about that. Because regardless of that statement, I am a very outgoing and warm/friendly person to just about anyone, and love people. I don’t like to start intense debates or fights simply because I couldn’t ever find myself to argue the right words on the spot and am peaceful, but most importantly I don’t like it when people get upset. I also find myself very expressive with my emotions, and can have a really good time with people I like (for instance being very silly). Some days I get upset for no reason and I don’t want to be around anyone, thus withdrawing from everything and everyone, but most of the time this isn’t so.

Thing is, I don’t seem to fit in well with any type actually, and am what have been called as “enigmatic/odd” from my counselor (in a good way) and multiple acquaintances and friends. Out of all this, it’s easier to express through written words instead of spoken.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I think all of us humans want to be happy more than anything. I wrote a fourteen page paper in my philosophy class to argue one of my philosophies for the greater good of humanity. My case was for altruism, because I believe all of us humans are interconnected through our relationships and our relationships determine our happiness. Thus, I wrote to why we should be more attentive to each other instead of the typical individualism that can be prone to self-absorption (this is debatable and I respected all of your opinions . . . but this is just mine). Not to say individualism and seeking your own ambitions is a bad thing, folks.

So I just want to be happy. I probably just want to be happy with the presence of others, even though I have very huge trouble relating to people on a daily basis. I have learned that money and things, especially, are just temporary pleasures.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I haven’t really felt entirely at a peak of finest for a very long time. I may be taking what I have for granted though. But when I do have really good days it’s usually because my acquaintances or those close to me are doing something that makes us all giddy and happy at that moment. Oddly whenever someone is sad in our group, then about 2/3s of us, including myself, are too.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Probably the typical male image for strength/brawn, and a male not being sensitive in our society. Of course this isn’t always the case everywhere, but where I live there are a lot of “tough dudes” that do blue-collar work, and . . . well yeah, kinda ********. I don’t resemble that at all. My physical strength is probably the weakest thing about me, and I’m not that big/muscular. This doesn’t bother me though, but in the societal acceptance of others, prominently with a majority of this envisioned image, I do feel inferior. When it comes to the meeting of the minds, I excel.

I also get intimidated easily by those who may appear more intellectual or physically stronger.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Growing up, I never really thought about “right and wrong” or morals, something of that nature. I just usually did what was polite and mannerly. Most of the time I just knew what was acceptable. Maybe it as just Southern Hospitality or what my parents taught?

When a decision involves someone, I do subconsciously think of whether it may hurt or benefit them (most of the time it never goes through my mind noticeably). And because of this, I will never do something if I know someone is going to get emotionally or physically hurt. Heck, I don’t ever think I’ve insulted anyone intentionally before in my years of being in mature adolescence (yes, I’m very silly, but mature also in the settings of decisions and dealing with people). If I do accidentally, then I feel really bad. Not bad as in it involves my feelings, but like . . . I failed to maintain my appropriateness or something along the lines of that, and have hurt or misrepresented that person as a result.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When it comes to new things, ideas, projects, visions, whatever it may be, I often get lost in this huge projection (I can see a clear, immaculate image of the outcome) of all that could happen and importantly what I think will happen—however only if I like what is presented, then I obsess over it. When I obsess over something, I don’t like other work or anyone getting in the way for it is distracting, and usually dismiss any other idea/whatever. I’m not close-minded though; it just doesn't take much to satisfy me and I like to stick to my own novel original plan for the initial project.

Usually whenever I get into this project or development, I like to use my own knowledge to build from the ground up and basically “make of it”. I may like people, but I like working alone on something that I have the opportunity for critical thinking and deeper thought. I do like to have control over the outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

It’s kind of sad, but I honestly don’t have a very clear memory of my past. I don’t remember my childhood at all or most of high school for some weird reason; guess I was out of it.

But I play the fighting game Super Smash Bros. 4 at my university in the student union building nearly every day, and a considerable amount of acquaintances and friends. Well, I have this crazy obsession with a fighter named Captain Falcon because of his silly personality and moves, and play him in about every fight.

Whenever I play him, I can’t help but giggle at almost every detail of what he’s doing because he makes so many weird noises and grunts. And because we’re all having fun. I usually do all these giddy movements in excitement whenever we’re all fighting because I’m anticipating something of awe. When this happens, everyone starts laughing and getting happy as well—because I am. They say that my personality is “contagious”, and for some reason hold me highly as someone who is an “awesome guy” to be around. They protect me in the game whenever it’s a free-for-all, and eliminate anyone who threatens me as this worshiped figure (sometimes I just like to be silly and not fight at all). I tell them I’m not that great of a person, but they disagree.

But this is something that I have fun with every day, and it never seems to get old. I have fun because of those guys, I guess. It’s not as fun alone. Of course, I do get very tired after a long day with being around them.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Usually whenever something new is introduced I find myself just working around it with my own logic, and trying to interpret and get answers to what’s going on. Sometimes I overanalyze it, and I may overlook simple things because of it and create more problems that prevent the process to completion. With my analyzing, I do a lot of “what-ifs”, speculation, and theories. Even to something that may be small. Also, a lot of different interpretations and pictures.

So mostly images, theories, and “getting right down to it” I suppose.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

When it comes to planning in advance, I always hold to what must be done in the future. I am punctual, and if I’m not in a situation I get very frustrated because of it. In terms of how I carry my schoolwork, I just throw it all in a notebook and it’s quite messy; guess I just don’t care at that moment. My computer desk (or the kitchen bar downstairs) is probably worse, and there’s a lot of different things laying around in a much disorganized fashion. Papers everywhere, unrelated items loitering around, books, candy, and the biggest—water bottles—pile up in a corner, and I don’t even notice sometimes how messy it really is. My dad points it out sometimes, and I get really embarrassed and ashamed.

Other than that, I’m a very militant planner that hates being late, and knowingly acknowledge that we all have our own schedules and times.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I like ideas and words—they change the world. Like I mentioned earlier, I usually obsess over one I really like and work on it, so I may dismiss others offered as they require more of my production and probably won’t be proficient as one that I really work on. In other words, it’s exhausting.

When it comes to understanding, I don’t necessarily require every little bit of info to get the picture of what is presented. In fact I require very little, and principles work just fine, as they help establish a . . . foundation to work up from, I suppose. I just usually know what someone wants or what something is.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Like I mentioned in 1, I sometimes have existential moments in my life where I have absolutely no idea what I need to believe. If I have no idea, then I don’t want to be conclusive about it. I’ve proven myself wrong before with later epiphanies a many times. So I don’t know what to believe for myself. I don’t know who I am as a person, my personality, my being.

In group settings however, I do want to make sure everyone is stable and getting along finely. If there is a nuisance that is disrupting everyone’s fun or peace then I do get upset at that thing/person and want to take action. I don’t necessarily feel it is my entire obligation to make sure everyone is taken care of, but I am supportive about it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually always am thinking of what to say next instead of doing it when I’m speaking. And I excel at one-on-one discussions with people and strive for that closeness with that person. I also usually have a clearer idea to how to approach something or exert a message when there are less people around, particularly just one. The more, most likely I will say something I didn't mean to. That’s why I wasn't perfect at public speaking class (got a 96 though, hell yiss).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I most of the time like to get an idea of what is going to happen or what the present situation is; I don’t want to get into something I may not be competent or useful at. I think also that action can speak louder sometimes, but words live forever.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Despite my pleasures, and this always freaking happens when I really want to enjoy myself alone, a friend will call and ask to eat or go somewhere. What frustrates me is that I don’t want to disappoint them, so to my chagrin I go along with what they want me to do to make them happy—every damn time. I just can’t say no. Buuuuut, I do end up having a good time.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I want to withdraw from everyone and be alone. I don’t want people to see me upset and worry about me because I’m just going to overcomplicate things and disrupt what’s going on.

When I do get stressed, I often get very, very anxious and started piling on unrelated things to the problem(s) (much like depression) and get stressed out even more. I think about the future mainly, and this is usually visual in the way of failure or disappointment, and because of this I seem to get lost in the problem(s) and overanalyze it and make it/them bigger. Sometimes I may escape to alcohol to numb myself, and other consumables.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don’t hold many dislikes or think about disliking people in my everyday life. In fact, it never really dawns on me. If someone is an asshole to me, then honestly that’s their choice and I don’t care.
But I suppose the only thing I truly dislike in someone is someone who is too formal/impersonal and I can’t communicate with them in a relaxed and easygoing manner. Also those who are selfish, self-centered, or driven by self-interest.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like discussing philosophies, interpretations, politics, sociology, psychology, ideas, theories, and deep thought with others who have the same likes (which is very seldom). I excel in doing this one-on-one than in a group, because I’m very prone to not being heard due to the fast pace discussion and more extraverted talkers.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Probably the past and present. Sometimes I’m so out of it in an unhealthy manner that I don’t notice things that have always been there. Like one time there was a dying plant that sat next to the dinner table for two weeks, and I never noticed it until my dad wanted me to throw it out. It was a huge eye-opener and I exclaimed how I never saw it, and I had a long laugh because of it. That, and because it looked funny. What was crazy is that it was taller than me, and I still didn’t take it into consideration during that time, and also not even noticing its existence when healthy.

I also don’t really see a point for myself to live in the past either. I mean, I may learn something, but I don’t have a very detailed memory-bank—just the general setting.
Another would probably be small talk, conflicts between people, daily news, and things that happen on a daily basis. I unfortunately have to listen to this type of discussion and events every day from someone though.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My ‘friends’ honestly and probably don’t know who I truly am—no one does, not even me. They don’t know that I like to think deeply about everything, they don’t know that I’m very sensitive, and they don’t know about my bizarre thinking style, ideals, and philosophies—simply because they won’t allow me to exert those things (they hold no interest). To be honest, I probably don’t have friends. I can’t relate to anyone because of how I want to express and communicate, and that’s probably my biggest problem. The world is so full of people, yet they make me feel very lonely. Does this bother me? Yes, it does, but I’m just going to have to adapt willingly.

What would be wrong with their perception is probably their automatic designation that I’m just this happy and warm person that everyone likes. No. On the inside when I’m by myself, I can be very cold. I’m cold to where I hold both good and evil, sometimes harbor dark and morbid thoughts, sadness, the likings. Kind of like a peach, I guess: soft on the outside, hard inside.

What they would probably never say is that I am argumentative, authoritative, selfish, self-centered, dumb, pragmatic, and realistic.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

What I’d like to do is be alone in a field full of flowers, woods surrounding me, and have a selection of books to read. Birds chirping, light breeze that gently blows the grass, nice blue sky, bright, warm sun. All the time to imagine, interpret . . . think. Maybe some LSD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts