Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you help me find someone's type?

Hey, this isn't about me, I know my own type, but this person I've been thinking about for quite a while and still haven't found the answer (which bugs me because it's the only family member whose type I don't know for sure).
Here's a description that is hopefully good enough:
- impulsive
- lives in the moment, gets bored easily
- loves to be different, own sense of style
- can sit down and work/study, but prefers a free schedule, random bursts of energy
- balances several things at once without getting stressed
- a bit sensitive to emotions, doesn’t like disharmony at all
- very realistic, not a dreamer, but still highly intelligent and good at abstract subjects such as math and physics (and good at languages as well)
- musically (and creatively in general) gifted (in every genre you could imagine from classical to rock; very good at composing, creating things, i.e. graphics)
- works hard when it comes to interesting topics (has gotten an amazing knowledge of computers and musical technics though videos on the internet)
- wants a (mental) challenge, gets bored being overqualified for a job, always thrives for more
- quirky, weird sense of humour
- allegedly makes decisions based on impulses, emotions
- very active and full of energy, needs to do things all the time, but can spend several hours alone too (given the history, I’m pretty certain this person’s an introvert, maybe a shy extravert)
- rather quiet and reserved amongst strangers, gets talkative rarely, when it comes to beloved topics (and usually only in a very small group, or with just one person)
- dislikes disorder at work, criticizes illogical/faulty schedules
- can appear a bit excentric, doesn’t take criticism or indifference well
Took a 16personalities test that said ISTP (but we know how reliable those are), I took anther one (personalityhacker) for this person that said INTP (neeeever ever!). I’m almost certain about the IxxP, and I think I see some Se and Te, which would mean ISFP, but I’m not sure at all. I could agree with ISTP too, but maybe I've given this so much thought that I'm simply blind for the answer! ;)
Oh, I should add that I've always felt like we think kind of similarly, we like the same things and are more or less good at the same things (I'm an INFP), but that might just be due to the fact that we're related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, it's not that bad, I might have focused to much on that impulsive attitude. It's more like just doing things instead of hesitating and overthinking like I would do.
And I just noticed the grammar mistake in the headline. Whoops...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts