Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right thread for this since it's "What's my personality type?" but I'll plop it here anyway. :happy:

I'm interested in finding out what a girl's type is. We used to be best friends but had a large falling out, and now I'm curious about how her type and my type typically get along. Here are some facts about her:

-Going wayyy back to when we were friends in elemetary school, she was borderline anorexic, even at the age of 8. She would only eat a very small number of foods and I remember having to hand feed her once.
-She was always very concerned with appearance, very into fashion even in elementary school, and was by far the first of our class to start wearing makeup.
-She was widely accepted two years ago by our peers. We were in two separate "groups" and she sometimes hung out with my group even though she only had a couple of other friends in it.
-She was very quiet in school and around people she was unsure of. She put up a facade and was a different person around others than she was with just me. She once told me she only felt safe around me and was therefore only herself with me. When she was only with me, she was fun-loving and as carefree as she could be.
-She had a rocky on-again-off-again relationship with her boyfriend and this jerk was cyberbullying her, saying terrible things like she didn't deserve to live and the world would be a better place without her. She started burning herself, but I got her help after the third time. To my knowledge, she never did it again.
-Right now, she is thought to be a (for lack of a better word) slut, and I can't deny it. She sent a naked picture of herself to a few guys and rumor has it that it was on a dare.
-She's unsure of her future and has low expectations.
-And of course, we stopped being friends because she used my texts to her to turn my other friends against me. I can't totally blame her as I could go overboard with my friendly teasing, but still. When this happened and I told her we wouldn't be friends anymore, she couldn't figure out why.
-After this happened, I was fine with becoming friends again in as little as a week, but she pushed me away. Recently we started talking again and I was ready to go straight back to being best friends, but she said she needed time and couldn't go right from not talking at all to being best friends.

Ah, our immature drama. I'm terrible at typing, but if I had to I would say she is an ISFP. I'm not sure at all, and don't let this influence your opinion. Whatever she is, she's unhealthy.

Thanks, and major points if you actually read all of that without shaking your head at me. :proud:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I was thinking ISFP also by the end of that, but to make certain you would need to add more details describing way she seems to make decisions. Sounds like you hanged out with her for a while. What kind of things does she seem to value? Does she seem more introverted or extraverted? Does she seem to need structure outside or to the contrary needs freedom and gets stressed when she is put into a structured environment? Does she have a tendency to talk about her feelings or act based on how she feels? Does she have a tendency to talk about her thoughts and place an emphasis on people getting along and being mannered?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She values others' opinions of her, so consequently she values personal appearance. The one that I'm having the hardest time typing is if she's introverted or extroverted. She would seem uncomfortable in some groups of friends but comfortable in others. She seemed a little shy, but I never got the feeling she needed alone time to recharge.
She definitely needed freedom. Structure stressed her and she could absoloutely not make decisions, even when it came to what place we would go to for lunch.
She wouldn't talk about her feelings unless I started the conversation or she was feeling extra stressed, but once she got going with me, she went for a long time and in depth. She never talked to others about her feelings though, and it seemed as if she never thought some of her plans through. She rarely talked about her thoughts. She hated when people did not get along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts