Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Uh, no...

But it reminds me of those optical illusions in which you can't tell whether the dots are black or white :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well the Chinese words written in the the white fabric portions are words of positivity (peace, success, fortune). I can't otherwise see any hidden patterns in it. It's a cool pillow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I'm just asking cause an ENFJ said she saw something in it and I was wondering if you people would see the same.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Reality has you closed in on all sides, yet occasionally someone finds a secret door / window of opportunity and 'bursts' through to the other side, leaving the restrictive nature of physical reality far, far behind.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Is it about dogs being eaten in certain Asian dishes or something lol what is this.. I want to know now.

Is it about life being painful like we are torn apart in different directions

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
the dots are in a perpetual state of flux. they are always "moving", and they make you chase them. when you focus on them, you pin them down, but when you look at another, the one you just looked at changes. It is like somebody is playing a trick on you every time you look away. So you just end up following it in a pattern. there is like a "twinkle" running through the pattern, through each dot, at some point.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Reality has you closed in on all sides, yet occasionally someone finds a secret door / window of opportunity and 'bursts' through to the other side, leaving the restrictive nature of physical reality far, far behind.
damn. you so deep. Where did you get that hogwash ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/zfeNrW3.jpg

Besides it being a dog pillow. Can you see any kinda hidden meaning in the patterns and shit?
Okay, I've had a few glasses of wine so I'll bite :)

When you live in a chaotic environment, where the world threatens to tear you apart, it's important to have family (blood) to help shield you from the stress that might cause you to lose too much of yourself.

In tipsy but being ENFJ and a 100% visual thinker the lower fragments are clearly originally part of the larger piece higher in the pillow. And the noisy geometric fragments are cut up and rotated 90 degrees, representing stress. The red square is there preventing the calm fragments (white with some level of meditative inference from the script) from separating even further.

Oooh, alcohol infused art interpretation is magical, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Concentrating on the lines will make it a blur. As the image blurs, the red stands out: a metaphor for the way an evil stands out from good. Within evil, there are good intentions: hence the peaceful looking white (things) but conciousness is scattered and subjective, which is why the fragments are scattered within.

·
Registered
280 Posts
To me it was more of a dog flag, I can't see a pillow. If you turn your head to the side, it looks like a little robot. Either way, the dog is not that much of a dog, maybe it's a toy? Alright, I'm going too far off now.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/zfeNrW3.jpg

Besides it being a dog pillow. Can you see any kinda hidden meaning in the patterns and shit?
I don't have much intuitive ability but from a sensor point of view the object appears to be quilted fabrics laying upon a carpet. The central black area appears to represent the shape of a black scotty dog surrounded by a red border with some shadows caused by wrinkling.
If there's a hidden meaning maybe it's along the line of the outside border representing imprisonment (caged). The red inside border (red represents loving) may represent the encompassing love of the family. The inside pattern is obviously the profile of a black dog facing towards the right.
I can't read Japanese or Chinese writing, so I've no idea what the words are saying.
Maybe it's merely a comfy dog pillow.

edit: Somebody indicated the writing is Chinese but since I can't read Chinese I'm gonna take a couple more wild guesses.
Might the image somehow relate to the Chinese Year Of The Dog? 1994 was the year of the Wood Dog, maybe that's the symbol for the Wood dog?
Sirius is the Dog Star, but Chinese astronomy associates the dog with Mars. Could there be any significance between the dog symbol & Sirius or Mars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.