Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
As an ISFJ, I don't really think I could handle doing work nonstop. Of course, college has sometimes forced me to do this. But I really appreciate my free time. Next year (If my tentative job offer turns into a firm offer), I will hopefully just be working 40 hours per week and then studying for my CPA exam. Hopefully I won't be doing more than 60 hours at that point, though I could afford to go over that amount some weeks.

I can handle doing a lot of work for short bursts of time (like for a week or so) if I can go back to a normal schedule the following week. I don't want to burn out.

My work ethic used to be a lot different where I would try to work nonstop and make sure to be there for everybody. That did not work out too well for me as I became very anxious, burned out, and then got depressed. Although much of the anxiety was caused by the fact that I didn't know how to do major parts of my work, it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been a workaholic about everything else that I was doing.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
For the last 4 months, I've been working for 70-90 hours a week. It's 'peak season' in my office. During this 4 months, there were 7 employees resigned due to exhaustion, and there are 2 more that are going to resign next week.

I don't enjoy it, but I'm fine with it as long as it's not for forever and I still have the time to meet my family and friends

In fact, it's pretty much my motto: work hard, play hard, live simple.
I wonder why some corporations feel like they need to make employees work that hard to get things done. Burned out employees can't be the most productive employees.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.