Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
For the last 4 months, I've been working for 70-90 hours a week. It's 'peak season' in my office. During this 4 months, there were 7 employees resigned due to exhaustion, and there are 2 more that are going to resign next week.

I don't enjoy it, but I'm fine with it as long as it's not for forever and I still have the time to meet my family and friends

In fact, it's pretty much my motto: work hard, play hard, live simple.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I wonder why some corporations feel like they need to make employees work that hard to get things done. Burned out employees can't be the most productive employees.
That's what my ENFJ co-worker said too.

I think it depends on the kind of business that your company runs.

Mine is an investor relations agency. Our biggest project is the production of annual report for our clients (listed companies). The annual reports must be completed and sent to the Government's Capital Market Agency by the end of April. So every year, the season during December to April becomes our most pressured business period.

It can be tough for employees though. During that time, what keeps me motivated is that I'm thinking by doing my job, I'm helping my boss to maintain his business, I'm helping my co-workers to keep their job, I'm helping my client to make good annual report for their investors, and I'm also helping my country on keeping our economic activities on track. The thought of being helpful/useful for others is what make me keep moving on. Isn't helping others is the essence of humanity?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.