Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I haven't been here in a while but I could really use some help.

Okay with INFP I'm not sure with it because certain descriptions are kinda iffy but I can relate. Although personally after observing other INFPs, I'm not sure that I do. Like with them they seem to be so playful and so fantasy oriented; now don't get me wrong, I can be playful and even fantasy oriented, but I'm not sure it's to the degree of them. Also I like to kinda be closed off in my options and basically can find some traits of a judging aspect. But I obviously contain a lot of Perceiving if I'm as open as I am. Like I'm open to others and I listen to others views, but I usually stick to my own. Also I'm not the most punctual person. I can be early but it's not a guarantee.

With INFJ I can honestly say maybe. However I too find faults here, like for one I tend to be late to school... a lot. But to further explain, I only do that in the first period; with the rest of my classes I go to quite early. Not to mention that I feel like it's only due to my current lack of self-esteem and motivation. Also I don't know if INFJs are closed off to others opinions, but I know that I'm open to other people and changes. But with myself I am quite restricted and limited. Like for one I like to make plans for myself and even prefer work before play. I guess I'm okay with a decided and organized nature, but am also open to change. Also I hate anything not clean or organized, and I don't need variety or to keep my options open. I like them sealed. Basically as long as I have everything I need already then I'm okay with spontaneity. I looked at the functions as well, and can't be quite sure because I have a tendency to view myself as how think I am, and right now I don't know what I think.

Yeah I'm not really sure, maybe y'all can help me. But I'm pretty sure the rest of the typing is correct, so far I got INF_. Thanks y'all (Sorry I love saying "y'all" because of Britney.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know who doesn't love a Hitla-Pikachu?
Okay I narrowed it down to ISFP and INFJ. Maybe even INFP but very unlikely. Gotta do more...

·
Registered
50 Posts
J is work first, play later. P is play first, work later. A better description: if you put off making decisions till the last possible moment, you're a P.

For example, you go to the bookstore to get a book without any idea what you're going to buy and you end up going back and forth between two or three books, you'd like. You may return one of them to the shelves, and then browse for the books again, then go back and get the book you just put back. Then you find a completely different book on the shelves, and buy it impulsively.

I know what I'm talking about, believe me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
J is work first, play later. P is play first, work later. A better description: if you put off making decisions till the last possible moment, you're a P.

For example, you go to the bookstore to get a book without any idea what you're going to buy and you end up going back and forth between two or three books, you'd like. You may return one of them to the shelves, and then browse for the books again, then go back and get the book you just put back. Then you find a completely different book on the shelves, and buy it impulsively.

I know what I'm talking about, believe me!
I generally agree with this but just wanted to add that I don't think the J = work first, play later adage always applies. Does it apply to a lot of Js, especially SJs? Yes, definitely. But even more, I think J vs. P comes down to if you're more comfortable with your options open or closed. I insert this only because I'm a J who often chooses to "play first." If I'm in a situation where I have to choose whether to do work now or later, I get anxious about the decision, but once I've made the decision -- even if I choose to put off the work -- I feel better. P also gets associated with impulsiveness, which again I can understand, but highly impulsive Js exist -- in those cases, it's usually the "need to make a decision to feel calm" drive that fuels the impulsive choice rather than a more "genuine" P impulsiveness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts