Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted once asking if INTPs felt they could read a room well. This is sort of similar, asks you to guess the emotions of a person based on their eyes. I found it easiest to click on the picture to zoom, get a general sense of what I thought they were thinking, then selecting the most appropriate response.

Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test (Revised, Adult)

What did you score?

I got a 31/36

I think the average is 26/36.

·
Registered
770 Posts
got 16 last try. Honestly it's a total foreign language to me, I was almost sure about every answer.
The longer you stare at the eyes and possible answers the worse you're likely to do. Look at the eyes for a second or two, read each answer once and pick as quickly as you can. It seems with these kinds of things thinking messes it up.

·
Banned
701 Posts
The longer you stare at the eyes and possible answers the worse you're likely to do. Look at the eyes for a second or two, read each answer once and pick as quickly as you can. It seems with these kinds of things thinking messes it up.
Well, I can't help but thinking, because often I look at the eyes and picture something that's not in the list, or nothing at all, so I have to chose between 4 answers I don't directly agree with. I wonder how the test makers themselves knew the answers with certainty.

trying my best to follow your method though, I did 24 this time.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well, I can't help but thinking, because often I look at the eyes and picture something that's not in the list, or nothing at all, so I have to chose between 4 answers I don't directly agree with. I wonder how the test makers themselves knew the answers with certainty.

trying my best to follow your method though, I did 24 this time.
I assume they told the people to make a face of whatever emotion they wanted. I know not thinking about it is hard, I did it on some . My method works! (maybe).

·
Registered
807 Posts
26. Average. Okay, satisfied. but sometimes I was not sure. Thought it would be A the first moment, then chose B--> wrong

·
Registered
408 Posts
29/36

An average score for this test is 26.2 or 21.9 for an adult with Asperger Syndrome, or High Functioning Autism.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This was interesting. I scored 30/36, but I could have scored higher if I didn't rush the few I got wrong. Thanks. :)

Reactions: Deanna

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I actually did better if I stared for longer and let the images minimize, then I'd maximize them again. Too long, for some of them got confusing, or not keeping focused long enough while staring. It actually felt like a stab to the chest on the ones I got wrong, every time I'd see the red X's. :(
I think the reason I answered them incorrectly was because I second guessed myself and rushed them because I didn't want to refocus for them and try to read them again. I knew my answers were the most correct of the 4 given though. Once I was sure I knew what I was seeing/feeling from the eyes, I was sure. It's like after staring for a while, I'd sort of 'realise'. Anyone else experience it this way?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me it was a good validation... I've always imagined that I read people well but then I have this stab of inner doubt. It's not like I go around confirming every emotion I read from people ("you're totally jealous, right? Am I right?"). So I have more confidence now that what I get from people is probably right.

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
27/36

I noticed that the ones I failed to recognize usually were things like suspicion and doubt. I think I missed the flirtatious one too.

So I'm naïve and I don't notice when people flirt with me. Great. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts