Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't. I'm a Gemini and I'm the exact opposite of it. It baffles me how a lot of people are so amazed by the accuracy of theirs, while I'm sitting here being mocked by mine.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I can't. I'm a Gemini and I'm the exact opposite of it. It baffles me how a lot of people are so amazed by the accuracy of theirs, while I'm sitting here being mocked by mine.

Only half the time for me but I can never tell which half. Libra here. Zodialogical descriptions read rather like MBTI type descriptions. Strange isn’t it.
Carl Jung was into astrology. Sigmund Freud told him to be quiet about it as it could hurt the relatively new science - psychology.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It's hard enough to squeeze billions of people into 16 personality types without tremendous spillover. But 12 zodiac signs that have nothing to do with genetics, culture, or environment warrant a spot in the daily paper? Um, yeah...

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I could kinda relate to my symbol of Aries since I'm internally quite hot-blooded and competitive...

Then again, I take astrology as seriously as I take the MBTI test...it's just a fun distraction...

Reactions: Miharu

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm a taurus, and I can relate to some parts of it. But I think this whole zodiac-personality is crap, how can a pure coincidence determine who you are? That sounds like some dystopian science-fiction book to me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Check your Moon sign or Ascendant. You need your exact time of birth for it.

I'm Scorpio, and I relate to mine.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
As above, you can't look at just the sun sign, that is only a tiny part of your entire zodiac. The full chart reveals a lot more specifics. I am a sun sign cancer and don't relate much at all, especially not to the happy little homemaker and florence nightingale descriptions.

The full chart however fits like a glove. Personally I don't find that any less accurate than MBTI or Enneagram. This idea that people can be grouped into common types depending upon whatever traits has been with humanity for a very long time. The basis of the distinctions has merely changed form. For a discipline that supposedly has no basis in reality, my birth chart is amazingly specific and accurate. The position of the planets in the chart is just a way of describing your relationship to specific archetypal themes in life. Just as MBTI describes your relationship to specific cognitive processes.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
I find people who compare the two incredibly ignorant.

·
Registered
INTJ
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gonna look at my full chart! x

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Sigmund Freud told him to be quiet about it as it could hurt the relatively new science - psychology.
somehow i find that hilarious. like freud did the 'science' any favours by crowbarring sex into everything his eye fell upon.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I am a gemini...it sounds nothing like me. Not even a sliver like me. So it goes for most superstitions. :)

Reactions: Katalyst

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
My type is cancer. No, I do not associate myself with either a crab or a deadly disease.. I think astrology makes about as much sense as disemboweling animals and foretelling the future by studying their guts. But it seems relatively harmless, so I keep my mouth shut most of the time.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
At least MBTI includes data from the person in its conclusions. Astrology is based on people telling the future from the positions of astral bodies, which is a nice idea but to have any degree of accuracy, specific information of those objects is needed. Its kind of like predicting weather and todays predictions hit the fan after 2 weeks. Astrology is just inaccurate to a point where it doesnt matter what is being predicted, the chance of it coming true is always the same.

Im an Aquarius and the description of that sign is half true at best, thats probably the case with all of them. Theyre made to apply to a wide group of people which makes them vague.

·
Registered
199 Posts
As above, you can't look at just the sun sign, that is only a tiny part of your entire zodiac. The full chart reveals a lot more specifics. I am a sun sign cancer and don't relate much at all, especially not to the happy little homemaker and florence nightingale descriptions.

The full chart however fits like a glove. Personally I don't find that any less accurate than MBTI or Enneagram. This idea that people can be grouped into common types depending upon whatever traits has been with humanity for a very long time. The basis of the distinctions has merely changed form. For a discipline that supposedly has no basis in reality, my birth chart is amazingly specific and accurate. The position of the planets in the chart is just a way of describing your relationship to specific archetypal themes in life. Just as MBTI describes your relationship to specific cognitive processes.
I briefly looked over Aries, which is my zodiac sign, and it actually describes me pretty well. I've never gone through the entire chart though, maybe I should look into that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is more to astrology than the Sun sign, which rules your ego, and even more to it than the Moon sign (emotional nature, instincts) and Ascendant (interaction with the world). There are thousands of celestial bodies which affect us and they all make unique aspects to each other, further defining an individual's personality. Even the exact degree of a planet/asteroid on someone's natal chart affects the individual.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts