Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound like ISFP behaviour and can you relate to it?

* Notice every little change in the environment. For instance, you walk into the loungeroom and notice that the picture on the wall is slightly more crooked than it was last time you were there or that an object has been moved to a different spot.

* Don't really want to go out of your comfort zone.

The reason why I ask, is because my younger cousin (he is two years younger than me) does those things and I thought he was an ISFP. However, now I am not so sure if he is. The two things I mentioned sound like Si behaviour, but ISxPs use Se. I know for a fact that my cousin is introverted and a sensor. I'm pretty certain that he is a Perceiver as well, because he is pretty lazy and doesn't stick to schedules. Can you relate to the behaviour above and do you think my cousin could still be an ISFP, even if he acts in that manner?

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8
191 Posts
* Notice every little change in the environment. For instance, you walk into the loungeroom and notice that the picture on the wall is slightly more crooked than it was last time you were there or that an object has been moved to a different spot.

The reason why I ask, is because my younger cousin (he is two years younger than me) does those things and I thought he was an ISFP. However, now I am not so sure if he is. The two things I mentioned sound like Si behaviour, but ISxPs use Se. I know for a fact that my cousin is introverted and a sensor. I'm pretty certain that he is a Perceiver as well, because he is pretty lazy and doesn't stick to schedules. Can you relate to the behaviour above and do you think my cousin could still be an ISFP, even if he acts in that manner?
Yep, I notice every little details of the external world (I think that an Si would think mostly about his own experience/feeling about a certain place, while Se is a bit more objective and simply "see" what is in front of his/her eyes. Of course if a something has changed an Se will notice it).
The second one I think that is a behaviour every introvert share :D

·
Banned
200 Posts
No, sounds like my ISTJ dad though. I dont really notice something's off in my environment in that sense. I do pick up on little nuances when out in public but not like what youre saying

·
Registered
ISxP 5
3,324 Posts
I do notice most of the times when something changed, even though I don't always know what changed. Also, coming out of our comfort zone is just something I personally don't like to do (but sometimes have to). As you get older, you'll realize you can't keep hiding in your comfort zone all of your life :)

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,311 Posts
Does this sound like ISFP behaviour and can you relate to it?

Sounds like ISFP is possible, but so many other types are too.

BTW that was a bit retarded question.

·
11,311 Posts
How is it retarded? :dry:
I will show you, because I found stuff like that disturbing

If one has eyes, memory and functioning brains to connect stuff inside, then yes, one will notice such things. Is there really anything personality related? I fail to see that, that's just how all healthy humanoids can operate. After all, MBTI is all about preferences, but about personality ones, not about biological functioning ones (unless our personality preferences interfere with biological ones, for example Josh doesn't want to eat meat anymore, so he became vegan.)

That's either any introverted function or shyness or other stuff like that. As you can see, things are getting far from typology. Even if it indicated any introverted function, then you will have to find out which one it is, because it's not Si specific.

The reason why I ask, is because my younger cousin (he is two years younger than me) does those things and I thought he was an ISFP. However, now I am not so sure if he is.
At this point it's pretty much obvious, that I started to think, it's retarded. Why? Because your understanding of Si and personality theory in general is full of shit, then you are starting to associate that with non-personality things.

The two things I mentioned sound like Si behaviour, but ISxPs use Se.
Learn your stuff.

I know for a fact that my cousin is introverted and a sensor. I'm pretty certain that he is a Perceiver as well, because he is pretty lazy and doesn't stick to schedules.
Oh, okay. I'm not entirely sure about P being bad with schedules, but one thing is for sure. Everyone can be lazy in their own ways. That's a bullshit, that Js aren't lazy. If you thought so, then please. Put that misconception into trashcan.

BTW at this point I don't think it would be wise for me to trust your guesses, that he is introvert and sensor.

I'm not trying to attack you personally, things I pointed out are so wrong, that I can't just leave them alone and go somewhere else. It's not okay.

Any questions?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will show you, because I found stuff like that disturbing

If one has eyes, memory and functioning brains to connect stuff inside, then yes, one will notice such things. Is there really anything personality related? I fail to see that, that's just how all healthy humanoids can operate. After all, MBTI is all about preferences, but about personality ones, not about biological functioning ones (unless our personality preferences interfere with biological ones, for example Josh doesn't want to eat meat anymore, so he became vegan.)
I understand that. However, I was referring strictly to the characteristics of the cognitive types. I use Ne as my auxiliary function and by my own admission, I often don't quickly pick up on small changes straight away. I can walk into my loungeroom and not notice that the TV remote has been moved to a completely different spot or that a painting on the wall is slightly more crooked compared to how it was last time. Generally speaking, Si is concerned with details and using past experiences to guide them in the present time.

That's either any introverted function or shyness or other stuff like that. As you can see, things are getting far from typology. Even if it indicated any introverted function, then you will have to find out which one it is, because it's not Si specific.
Yes, I am aware of that. However, if you look at the functions individually, Se is generally characterised as being right "in the moment" and wanting to live new experiences. It's extroverted sensing.

At this point it's pretty much obvious, that I started to think, it's retarded. Why? Because your understanding of Si and personality theory in general is full of shit, then you are starting to associate that with non-personality things.
Whatever. You're clearly the one who has limited knowledge on cognitive types, if your resorting to personal attacks to support your 'evidence' (which you don't have).

Learn your stuff.
I wasn't even wrong with my original post, as it was. ISxP's do use Se. I'm well aware of the cognitive functions and their retrospective functions. Besides, maybe your the one who should learn your stuff. I've noticed that you've gone from typing yourself as an ISFP, then an ESFP and now an ESTJ. How can someone go from typing themselves as an ISFP and then a ESTJ? Do you honestly expect me to believe what you're saying, if you're not even completely aware of your own cognitive functions?

I'm not trying to attack you personally, things I pointed out are so wrong, that I can't just leave them alone and go somewhere else. It's not okay.
Oh, bullshit. You just made an entire post trying to prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot. You must think I have the brain the size of a peanut. Besides, my post shouldn't even be that much of a concern for you anyway. Don't you have better things to worry about, rather than a post a random stranger made on an interest forum about personality types?

Any questions?
Yes. Why are you wasting my time? Either learn how to not act like a moron or go somewhere else.

·
11,311 Posts
I understand that. However, I was referring strictly to the characteristics of the cognitive types. I use Ne as my auxiliary function and by my own admission, I often don't quickly pick up on small changes straight away. I can walk into my loungeroom and not notice that the TV remote has been moved to a completely different spot or that a painting on the wall is slightly more crooked compared to how it was last time. Generally speaking, Si is concerned with details and using past experiences to guide them in the present time.
That depends on where your eyes are looking at. This is far from typology. Maybe some types manage their eye movements in different ways, but I wouldn't call that reliable and worth using. This reminds me of socionics visual typing, but that's not MBTI anymore.

Yes, I am aware of that. However, if you look at the functions individually, Se is generally characterised as being right "in the moment" and wanting to live new experiences. It's extroverted sensing.
I would rather view functions as puzzle. Introversion + sensing = Si. Therefore Si is internal sensing. One needs one needs to sense stuff, that is personally related to them and is considered as internal. Could be called desired for comfort. Memories and past can only be related to that, but are not always indicators of Si. Person can feel something as internal very fast in some cases. With Si sensory stuff may often be used longer, due to need to make 'introverted'.

Whatever. You're clearly the one who has limited knowledge on cognitive types, if your resorting to personal attacks to support your 'evidence' (which you don't have).
That wasn't personal attack until you perceived it as one. I have no intentions to hurt or offend people.

BTW from where you see my limited knowledge? Care to elaborate on that?

I wasn't even wrong with my original post, as it was. ISxP's do use Se. I'm well aware of the cognitive functions and their retrospective functions. Besides, maybe your the one who should learn your stuff.
but you fail to understand, that comparing past experiences with current ones is a normal human cognition behaviour.

I've noticed that you've gone from typing yourself as an ISFP, then an ESFP and now an ESTJ. How can someone go from typing themselves as an ISFP and then a ESTJ?
Maybe, when one reads a lot of BS about MBTI and some other people BS types him, makes an impact on typing. And your type list is way too short, I had much more other types. Those are: ISTP, INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISFJ, INFP. Learning is a continuous process of failing and succeeding. I fail more than succeed.

Do you honestly expect me to believe what you're saying, if you're not even completely aware of your own cognitive functions?
I'm not aware of my own cognitive functions, due to my age. I'm too young to be typed correctly, my brains are still impulsive and haven't found their way. Too bad due to my personal bias and strong will I keep typing myself. In the last few moths I started to not give a damn and type myself based on some short moments of 'total connections'. As you can see, it's very chaotic, but makes me learn something about types, so it satisfies me. Should you believe me? I'm not sure about that, but first you need to calm down and look at what I'm saying logically and objectively, before making assumptions based on tiny pieces of almost meaningless details.

Oh, bullshit. You just made an entire post trying to prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot. You must think I have the brain the size of a peanut. Besides, my post shouldn't even be that much of a concern for you anyway. Don't you have better things to worry about, rather than a post a random stranger made on an interest forum about personality types?
It's not me making you look like having peanut brains, but you with saying stuff like that. I had no concern to offend or attack you, but to show flaws of logic and MBTI stuff. Maybe question that, too bad you became irritated.

Yes. Why are you wasting my time?
because my rum is gone and I have no idea why. Visual representation of that:

I will give you a cookie if gonna solve this huge mystery of the World.

Either learn how to not act like a moron or go somewhere else.
I'm not moron and I'm not going somewhere else. Calm down and don't order people.

People like you are poisoning our world.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And your type list is way too short, I had much more other types. Those are: ISTP, INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISFJ, INFP. Learning is a continuous process of failing and succeeding. I fail more than succeed.
Even if you weren't aware of your exact cognitive functions and what order they are in, you should at least have some idea of what MBTI type you are, especially considering that you supposedly know 'so much' about cognitive types. I'm not going to waste my time responding to the rest of your BS points, as they are flawed and I have much better things to do than argue over something so ridiculous.

·
11,311 Posts
Even if you weren't aware of your exact cognitive functions and what order they are in, you should at least have some idea of what MBTI type you are, especially considering that you supposedly know 'so much' about cognitive types.
And why I should? That doesn't make sense if I don't know myself.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to the rest of your BS points
Too bad, it would had been nice if you did that and showed your calm and nice side. Now I can only see your evil side.:unsure:

as they are flawed
This is just a guess or an assumption without explanation.

and I have much better things to do than argue over something so ridiculous.
I wonder if it's only a theoretical statement, without having any practical application of a person, who is in bad emotional state.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't really notice things like a crooked frame. I focus on things that interest me. I did think I was INFP for a while but ISFP seems to sound more like me.

Maybe you're just an ISFP who is a master observer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts