Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really SUPER good friend that is an ENFJ and he said that he can tell how 'GOOD' someone is because he can see the shine in people. Is he just jerking my chain, or could this possibly be true of ENFJs???? Just curious............ VERY curious.........

·
Registered
421 Posts
I can get a good idea of people and their motives though one thing I can't predict are people's habits.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can sense energy and delve pretty deep into someones psyche quickly. Like I can pick up if someone puts on a tough front because they fear being hurt; is a perfectionist because they were more the parent in their childhood; or whatever. I almost feel it before I observe them. I think this leads to the creepy ENFJ mind reading thing. (muaha ha ha) And the potential for manipulation is unlimited.

Maybe for him it is a glow? for me, I just feel it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, I can completely relate. Sometimes I see people sort of like jewelry in that they all have some kind of shine or glow about them, but some people shine brighter than others. I understand what your friend means about knowing how "good" someone is. However, I don't discriminate if there isn't much good in a person. I'll still be friends with them anyway. However, if I do see an enormous amount of "good," I'll try my best to keep that person in my life. So far I've found the most good in INFPs, which is probably why I love them so much. ...But I love everyone else as well. ;)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I have a really SUPER good friend that is an ENFJ and he said that he can tell how 'GOOD' someone is because he can see the shine in people. Is he just jerking my chain, or could this possibly be true of ENFJs???? Just curious............ VERY curious.........
Yeah, I think it's true. But, I think that maybe your friend was speaking metaphorically and you might have taken it literally. I could be wrong.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I tend to see the same, yes. As unmanly as it sounds (grrr!) I also see gentleness and sincerity in people. I'd say that a good 80% of the time, I can accurately judge someone's personality within the first few seconds of meeting them; sometimes I need even less time than that. Weird but true!

There are always those that initially confuse me but I get 'em in the end ;) I now realise those confusing individuals are probably fellow INFPs! Well, maybe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could see the shine in people. A lot of songs just started making sense to me "shiny, happy people" lol

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
The only thing I can think of that would resemble a "light" as you put it, is when I see someone who has a very close relationship with the Lord, and they seem so content and just give off this loving and warm vibe. It's beautiful to see. I'm having trouble really describing it, but when you see someone like that, you think to yourself "Wow! I want whatever they have, because they are just glowing from the inside".

·
Registered
223 Posts
I get what I call a "vibe" around people; a feeling or sense of what may be lurking beneath the surface. I don't consider it a psychic ability but perhaps instinctual, a remnant of our hunter/gathering days? One of the most profoundly disturbing moments when my vibe set off alarm bells was a few years ago when a new girl started working in our office. For whatever inexplicable reasons, I sensed not only trouble with this girl but something very sinister under her ordinary appearance. Sure enough, in less than a year's time this girl had spread rumors about me and damn near ruined my reputation in the office when I did nothing to provoke her at all. However, she eventually got caught in her own web of lies and maliciousness and I was later told by a former coworker that she was "encouraged" to leave or get fired. But it was too little too late; by that point I managed to find employment somewhere else since it was becoming too much for me to bear and I worked at this office for nearly two years without any problems. What really hurt the most is that my supervisor doubted me and I had always been a good employee; people really liked me in my office and I always did my job well but this girl was conniving as hell. I'm pretty sure this girl was a sociopath since I've read enough literature about this malicious behavior and in retrospect, all of the signs were there. Mind you, I've met a lot of people in my life, lived in several places around the country and met a lot of interesting characters along the way but evil never looked so harmless in a cute blouse and skirt!!! :frustrating:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get what I call a "vibe" around people; a feeling or sense of what may be lurking beneath the surface. I don't consider it a psychic ability but perhaps instinctual, a remnant of our hunter/gathering days? One of the most profoundly disturbing moments when my vibe set off alarm bells was a few years ago when a new girl started working in our office. For whatever inexplicable reasons, I sensed not only trouble with this girl but something very sinister under her ordinary appearance. Sure enough, in less than a year's time this girl had spread rumors about me and damn near ruined my reputation in the office when I did nothing to provoke her at all. However, she eventually got caught in her own web of lies and maliciousness and I was later told by a former coworker that she was "encouraged" to leave or get fired. But it was too little too late; by that point I managed to find employment somewhere else since it was becoming too much for me to bear and I worked at this office for nearly two years without any problems. What really hurt the most is that my supervisor doubted me and I had always been a good employee; people really liked me in my office and I always did my job well but this girl was conniving as hell. I'm pretty sure this girl was a sociopath since I've read enough literature about this malicious behavior and in retrospect, all of the signs were there. Mind you, I've met a lot of people in my life, lived in several places around the country and met a lot of interesting characters along the way but evil never looked so harmless in a cute blouse and skirt!!! :frustrating:
I can totally relate to this!!! :crazy: Maybe because we have the ability to be manipulative, but aren't, we are able to see it so well in others? The evil manipulator with a pleasant smile is always my biggest arch enemy... It is so wrong on so many levels! And what can you do? The girl is practically waving her own red flag, but no one can see it but you. And there is zero proof! I feel like people should just trust us when we see it... But that is rare.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I thought this was an NF trait, but maybe it's an NFJ trait? I can definitely spot a bad apple when I see one. Although the worst of them slip by until it's almost too late. We just get a feeling about people, good or bad. Sometimes I can't handle crowds because it's too much. Any ENFJs here have that problem?

As far as seeing an actual glow around someone, that has happened only once. It was pitch black in the woods and I was walking with some friends. And as a good INFJ, I was wandering a little bit ahead of the rest watching for anything to jump out at us. Next thing I knew, a big black dog jumped out of the bushes and, when I looked up, there was a white/yellowish glowing figure standing on the road in front of me. Stopped me dead in my tracks and scared the *expletive deleted* out of me. Turned out it was my preacher at the time and his dog. Never seen anything like that again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts