Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hello, INFPs!

-----I am hoping to show and generate examples of how we all "work"--cognitively speaking.
  • Please apply your Ne (or Fi-Ne) to the picture above.
  • If you don't know what I'm talking about, then forget about the funny words (Fi and Ne) and please just respond to the picture above as you naturally would.
  • Either way, please respond first and then explain your process.
Thanks for helping me paint a picture of Ne!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do the birds know how to form the shapes???
Sometimes I imagine there is a giant magnet that pulls them into formation in imprefect tandem. One falls out, they others move to replace it. Similar to how we walk on a sidewalk, falling into rhythm. Animals are amazing things...
*is this good enough?*
-----Awesome! Thanks! For going first, you are hereby awarded the following medal:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but the page is coming up blank.....
: (
I don't know what the problem is. I can see the picture, and if I click on the link it works. I changed the album to "public" instead of private. Maybe that will help. That might explain why adverseaffects could see it--because she's friended.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Does my perceiving count? xD

* I count 15 birds
* Seems like they're flying away / the opposite of towards the camera
* They're flying in an almost V-shape, I wonder why they're not flying in perfect V-shape
* They might be birds that do those long distance flying thing?
* Seems like the lens is focused around the 4th/5th bird
* It's probably nice weather, but can't tell the temperature
* I wonder what kind of camera settings were used because usually it's not nice to have the sun shining directly into the camera
* I wonder what I could say about the clouds but I can't think of anything useful to say
* I want sunny days.

Mhm :3

·
Registered
386 Posts

• Please apply your Ne (or Fi-Ne) to the picture above.
  • If you don't know what I'm talking about, then forget about the funny words (Fi and Ne) and please just respond to the picture above as you naturally would.
  • Either way, please respond first and then explain your process.

Thanks for helping me paint a picture of Ne!
- Is the formation making a turn to one side and adapting it's shape to make the turn smoother/more efficient for the entire flock?
- Is this an example of right handed members of a flock outnumbering the lefties?
- Are the three fellows on the left the artistic rebels of the flock, attempting to add some flavor to the flock's migration?
- Is the angle of sunlight making some of the birds visible, while the remainder off to the side (or elsewhere!) are cloaked?
- Does the sky have generally agreed-upon traffic patterns?
- Why does that look so much like a line of three cars waiting to merge onto a busy freeway?

I'm going to stop now so I'm not stealing anyone else's contributions. I'm Ne dom, with moderate to heavy Ti.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ah reminds me of Icarus and his son! Flying that close to the sun has got to be bad for their skin. So seriously, where are they head and at what time of the season. If they're escaping the cold climate for warmer weather I'm jealous. Lake effect snow is a dastardly weather scheme. If I remember right, birds that migrate have a minute amount of magnetic filament that helps them navigate through the world, and possibly pick up on subtle changes in the atmosphere. It's amazing on how ingenious mother nature can be when providing a solution to a seemingly insurmountable problem. I wonder if that V formation is evidence of a bird heirarchy, and if the bird leading the group is the experienced leader that has made the trip multiple times. Reminds me of multiple patrols I've had to go through in giant fields of grass, and sprawling plains of dust and rock. Bagh, makes me want to drink more water as well, old habits are hard to break. Zut alors!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
It looks like they're flying out of the sun, kind of. And I wonder why it's uneven...do the birds prefer one side or the other for some reason that escapes me?

Then my attention gets arrested by the third bird from the front, who looks sort of awkwardly placed, and I'm thinking about what that feels like, and if he knows he's out of step or if the other birds have noticed, that maybe he's struggling. Because it doesn't LOOK like he's in the middle like the tired bird who was previously leading is supposed to be. I wonder if he's lonely or if he's the same as all the rest. Then I notice that as the birds get farther into the distance they look more and more like military airplanes, and that strikes me as ironic and makes me laugh. The beauty of bird flight turned to metal and gear and jet fuel and bombs, and at that distance I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
P.s. my other reaction was to your question:"I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours." :) also, I think INFPS use more emoticons than ny other type. Anyone want to second my theory? I think it's bc we don't want people to be unintentionally offended so we mark the text with an interpretation for them, like "smiley face--I'm just kidding, don't be mad at me!"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ouch.. my eyes hurt. The suns so bright. oh look birds. they're making quite a lot of noise. They sound like seagulls. I like the beach. I really enjoyed that time that i went to that island. That beach we went to was the nicest beach i've ever been to. The water was so nice, and it was super clear water. I wish i was a bird so that i could fly to anywhere i wanted to. I love the feeling of freefalling and the wind blowing in my face. Sometimes i wish i was an animal so that i wouldn't have to deal with everythign that goes on in human life. So simple, so stress free. So elegant. I want to be a bird. I like how they form that V-Shape. I dont know how they do it. I wonder if they communicate with each other. I wonder if animals can talk like humans talk to each other. I dont know. I wish i was a bird so i can fly. I like flying. The concorde is the most amazing plane ever built. I love the concept of its delta wings and how it was purposely designed like that with aerodynamics in mind. i love planes. I wish i could be a pilot. Or an aircraft engineer.

.................. so anyways i'll stop there. but those were my exact thoughts when i saw that picture.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I hope they don't wind up flying over the redwood forest.
Why dont all birds have flocks? I see lonesome pigeons all the time foraging in the cities. :(
Wonder how many tree these birds need to live comfortably
Shit, how many trees does a person actually NEED to live comfortably in the western world?
Environment is being destroyed... Recycling emits harmful gases (that kill birds?!)
I love trees. I should climb them more. If everyone climbed trees, maybe we'd be as physically strong as chimps...

That's all I have for now.

It took me a minute to loosen up and get in the "groove". I hope its somewhat self-evident how this goes for me.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts