Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I like to call myself Launt on certain websites and I'm really curious about what my personality type might be. Moreover, I'd like to meet people who I can identify with. Here are my answers to the test:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am most sure about having the characteristics of introversion and feeling. I don’t talk much, and apart from family, people from school and work, I don’t have any close friends, and I tend to stay home most of the day if possible. I belief I am a feeler, because sometimes things can have a hard impact on me, like if something awkward would happen to me in an environment with people, it would make me really nervous. I am very careful when I talk to someone, just to prevent that I might hurt them in any thinkable way. (I’d even do this to someone who has more confidence than I do.) I hate to lead people, I rather help them. I can get a bit depressive at times when I feel uninspired, misfortuned or when I fail at things.
I think I might be a Judger. My bedroom is pretty organized right now. Though I can spend a lot of time at watching tv and webbrowsing, I often feel the urge to do something usefull, i.e. to do something I should do. It feels like people can get mad at me for not working. I hate working under pressure and I don’t multitask.
The intuition/sensing characteristic is the part I’m not sure of. If there would be a house in front of me (I can see one out of my window) I’d look at the details, such as bricks, the dirt and the roof tiles. I’m a bit confused by what people mean with seeing it as a whole. If they mean seeing different basic shapes in it, or just not paying a lot of attention to it; then I would do both at times. I’m not very alert at what’s going on in the present. I tend to get lost in my mind, though less than I did before. As a child u could stare at certain directions with my thoughts away, while someone would feel awkward since I had this blurry look on her.
I like theory, but I need a lot of time and comfort to understand it. I like concrete practise as well, but I am a bit wooden and it takes time as well.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To feel the best feeling I could ever feel! Indirectly, that’s what I think I intend to yearn for. I want to find a partner who has beauty from both the inside and the outside. And I want to explore things together and have a more spiritual and meaningful life. Also I’ve always dreamed about getting superhuman abilities, like telekinesis or teleportation and being immortal. But those are just dreams.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I have experienced ASMR. It has been a long time since I’ve had one. But I believe those have been the best feelings I’ve experienced. I enjoy listening to people that have a nice accent (like Flemish (Belgium)) or being near a girl that looks really pretty.
Though, I don’t think I ever had a time where I felt really contended with myself. I’ve become close to, but never had a completely satisfied feeling after accomplishing something (like after drawing or programming something).

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I’m surrounded by confident people, especially when they are from the same age or even younger. It makes me feel like I’m a child. Also they always seem to have much more experience in live and I don’t feel like I could be extremely better at something of value than they are.
I also hate it when I meet someone who has more talent in drawing, or when someone begins to talk about a subject from which I know a lot of.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
If there’s a short time for making it, I tend to think hasty and a lot of times I choose the wrong thing. When there is time, I look at every possible outcome and try to find something that suits me and might work out best.
I cannot come up with any good examples, so if this raises question I’ll try to explain better later.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Actually to me it’s more about contributing. At the moment I work with people (at school) who are more experienced in the thing they do (programming) than me. I’ve had this with more projects before. I’m quite shy about showing what I made and the only thing I want to do is having contributed to the project like I’m expected to do.
So it would be outcome, though I’m not sure if my part will be visible.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I remember when I would play with my older nephew as a child. We used to pretend to be superheroes and have crazy fighting adventures. I always looked out for him to come on birthdays. It felt so great to share my imagination with someone more imaginative. I could cry at those moments when he got bored, when I wanted to continue with what we were doing.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
If it’s pure doing, then I need time to learn doing it. I need to know all the what-if’s for when things could go wrong.
If it’s theory, I need to understand it completely and find it logical to memorize it. I need to be able to think it over in my mind step by step.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Quite organized. I feel uncomfortable when my room is messy or when I don’t know what’s planned for the day. As said, I can do nothing, especially when I feel down or itchy. But the thought of the duty to work keeps popping in.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it. I don’t know lots of facts and when I hear about an idea I try to determine if it’s actually that new. I try to see what the idea does, if it has to go in that way, if it could be done easier or if should be done at al.
If the idea is a theory, not some idea about a product, I look critically at it and try to tell if it fits together with my theories. When it leaves an impression on me, I must know everything about it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
As long as people don’t mind me doing from what I’m doing, I can let go thinking about others.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak and I prefer one on one. I have trouble with finding words and often I describe something in a way that doesn’t do justice to it. I hate it when people want to know how things are going with me, I like tell that when I’ve got something good to tell. Good conversations for me are friendly discussions or about topics about which I feel specialized in or passionate.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I prefer to think things out before I do them. I look at all the things that could happen.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If they are going out somewhere, I’d probably stay home, regardless from what’s on tv. However, it’s something I could not be concerned about, like going to see a movie, I would definitely consider it.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Chaotically en depressive. If it’s a present situation, I’ll become unhandy and everything will appear incomprehensible. If there’s high pressure on me, like a nearing deadline, things will appear incomprehensible as well, and I’ll keep thinking about how bad things are going to end.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When I envy them. When they’re good at something and arrogant. Or when they act like they are no better than others, but still have to show all their talent. Especially when people start to like them for it, while they don’t seem to see what they are like.
I dislike people that are loud and keep asking for attention.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like philosophy and science a bit. There’s is no theory field of which I know extraordinary much. I like to listen to people and ask questions.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Socializing.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
People might say that I’m a bit to much silent and shy. When I speak, people often ask me to speak up, because they can’t hear me. They could also say something like “he’s the serious thinker” and they probably say I’m nice to people.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I’d do things that will relax me; gaming or watching a film. I’d motivate myself to draw most of the day. I really like to become better at it.

*21)
I like to add that I have this feeling for a while, where I’ll be uncertain about anything. I find it hard to explain, but it is like I keep feeling indifferent and I’ll doubt anything to be truth. It mostly regards personal thoughts like memories, philosophical theories, morals, etc.
Also I often have the feeling that I’ll have to do everything manually; to me it seems like others have no difficulty with keeping up with work or getting skilled at something, while I have to put much more effort in it to get a same result.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
INFJ, I think. I'm not great at understanding the MBTI personality types fully yet, though, so don't take what I say too seriously. Just trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
680 Posts
ISFP at the beginning of the Se development stage.

I’d look at the details, such as bricks, the dirt and the roof tiles. I’m a bit confused by what people mean with seeing it as a whole. If they mean seeing different basic shapes in it, or just not paying a lot of attention to it; then I would do both at times.
Se. you see details and cant comprehend how some people can see a big picture.

I’m not very alert at what’s going on in the present. I tend to get lost in my mind, though less than I did before.
Fi isnt very alert. you are becoming more grounded due to Se finally kicking in.

To feel the best feeling I could ever feel! Indirectly, that’s what I think I intend to yearn for. I want to find a partner who has beauty from both the inside and the outside. And I want to explore things together and have a more spiritual and meaningful life. Also I’ve always dreamed about getting superhuman abilities, like telekinesis or teleportation and being immortal. But those are just dreams.
Fi searching for individual purpose in life.

being near a girl that looks really pretty.
underdeveloped Se over prioritises beauty

I also hate it when I meet someone who has more talent in drawing, or when someone begins to talk about a subject from which I know a lot of.
Se

I’m quite shy about showing what I made and the only thing I want to do is having contributed to the project like I’m expected to do.
Fi doesnt like to show off

As long as people don’t mind me doing from what I’m doing, I can let go thinking about others.
Fi

I think before I speak and I prefer one on one. I have trouble with finding words and often I describe something in a way that doesn’t do justice to it. I hate it when people want to know how things are going with me, I like tell that when I’ve got something good to tell. Good conversations for me are friendly discussions or about topics about which I feel specialized in or passionate.
Fi

I prefer to think things out before I do them.
Fi

When I envy them. When they’re good at something and arrogant. Or when they act like they are no better than others, but still have to show all their talent. Especially when people start to like them for it, while they don’t seem to see what they are like.
I dislike people that are loud and keep asking for attention.
Fi attacking Fe

I like philosophy and science a bit.
Fi

I’d motivate myself to draw most of the day.
Se

I like to add that I have this feeling for a while, where I’ll be uncertain about anything. I find it hard to explain, but it is like I keep feeling indifferent and I’ll doubt anything to be truth. It mostly regards personal thoughts like memories, philosophical theories, morals, etc.
Fi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts