Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a sixth sence or something, like a feeling in your gut, this person beside you is totally giving the wrong vibe and you know that there's something their not telling you.

What are the signs you loook for when you know someones not being genuine?
can you instantly tell or do wait awhile to get to know them?
Do you see yourself becoming friends with someone instantly?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sometimes I get a feeling from a person that they're being fake, and I usually just distance myself from them until they show me otherwise. I tend to be afraid that most people I meet in real life are pretending to like me if they show any interest, so sometimes that makes me distance myself from a new person, even if I didn't get that feeling. Sometimes I'm wrong about a person, too (though less often when it's based off a genuine feeling).

I have a feeling a lot of trendy extroverts look at me like something to pity, or at best a pet project :unsure: If only they'd actually get to know me and realize I have a depth of thought they may not even be able to comprehend... Of course, being trendy extroverts they probably think that's kind of a stupid thing to have.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Okay, back to being serious...

Yes I can tell. It normally gives me bad energy or a ''something is just not right here'' feeling.

Some cues;

1. When somehow you feel like the company lacks sincerity
  2. When you feel a bit 'empty' (I don't know how to describe that one)
  3. When you feel like that person is acting too much
  4. It's in the eyes (mostly)

·
Registered
444 Posts
yes. and I hate fake. my...intuition...is generally very accurate - though I have mistyped some for being fake instead of just incredibly enthusiastic or something. I tend to not realize someone is being fake over mistaking them for being a fake. but the numbers there are pretty low for just "knowing". if that makes sense.

I don't know how I can tell. I'm thinking it might have something to do with their whole demeanor.

Generally its not an instant "ahah! he/she's fake!" moment. But more like a gut feeling of "somethings not right" and then certain things supporting that thought happen over time and it becomes a more solid...theory.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, alot of times. That tension! I hate being with people when they're like that. All that internal suffering--- it drives me insane.

Plus side: I'm really good at telling when people have a crush! OH! I love watching it: love in it's fetal stages. I just melt.

I can't figure out how to quote a post in an edit--- but gloosle and I are pretty much brain-twins on this subject. Imagine that I quoted him, ex-post-facto. (pun intended. yeah. sorry. i had to.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you intuit whether i'm fake, genuine or just want to get into someone's pants (kidding..maybe)?
lol I'd have to hang around with you for awhile to get a 100%ish vibe, for most people though it's their smile that clues me in, the only people i can't figure out are INFJ's =_= their eyes are so vast. You seem like a lovely girl though :D and i think its hard to act differently even when on the comp :p :blushed:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can not stand fake people and/or attention seeking fake types of people.

I can tell when I first meet someone if they're like that and I just distance myself from them
I understand. It's hard being surrounded by them, everyone so desperatly wants their voices to be heard that you get a broadcast of noise thrown at you, its not pleasent, and your meant to eat that up and be like 'yeah mmmhmmm' Yours right, its best to avoid and leave them to their own devices.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Yes, I can. It's just a gut feeling. I can see it in someone's face if they plan to be fake with me or if they already are or if they have been. We don't have to exchange a word.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah totally... i'm not sure how i can tell either, hmm. it is definitely off putting though. i mostly don't bother with fake people unless i'm stuck with them in a one-on-one situation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its really obvious if someone is being fake. What is harder to discern is whether or not they know they are being fake. If they know it, I don't usually enjoy talking to them. But if they don't, I am inclined to try to get them to realize they aren't being true to themselves

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Yes I do have force sensing ability! You may call it spidy sense too!

^^

o.o it's strange like a gut feeling......i just know. :p mostly everyone here seems to be the same when it comes to sensing this. It's cool like a superpower! :)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I would not claim to know people that well so quickly. I definitely have my suspicions now and then, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, anyway, until they've proven themselves one way or the other. (And sometimes after...)

Yeah, I get screwed over a lot.

I don't know how frequently my suspicions turn out to be true, overall. I guess I don't pay enough attention.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Usually I can tell. Usually...fake people all act the same to me. Pisses me off. Anyway, I remember someone else on these forums (I think it was Acey) who referred to it as a 'BS radar' or something like that. Either way, fakers really aren't going to get much out of me. I'll be just as fake as they are if I can't leave, and they can think that I'm being fooled...hah, they couldn't be any further from the truth. I really don't like wasting my time with them.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Can someone give an example of a person being fake?

I can't really say I have a strong reaction. Do you guys mean if someone is complimenting you? Or if you're just meeting them and they're acting overly suave or cheerful? I approach people fairly similarly and have a hard time considering people my friends unless they are in my inner circle (this can take years). So if someone is being pleasant in a fake way I don't really notice it. Statistically, I am probably not going to end up being friends with them so I don't really care.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts