Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, I thought that I fit almost exactly like 6w5-5w6-4w5, but now, I think that I'm a 6w5-2w3-9w1.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
Did it change or were you mistyped and does it even matter when dealing with tritype/non-core type would be my immediate response.

If you consider how many people mistype their core type chances of mistyping fixes would be even higher so I would presume it is/was just another case of mistyping as imo changing your type would require someone to either be in a developmental stage (child) or having something severe happen in their life, and even then I would consider it more likely for core to switch with a tri-fix than totally change.

Reactions: Hanaseru

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it change or were you mistyped and does it even matter when dealing with tritype/non-core type would be my immediate response.

If you consider how many people mistype their core type chances of mistyping fixes would be even higher so I would presume it is/was just another case of mistyping as imo changing your type would require someone to either be in a developmental stage (child) or having something severe happen in their life, and even then I would consider it more likely for core to switch with a tri-fix than totally change.
Well, I might have been mistyped, but how can I tell if this time it wasn't another mistype?

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
Well, I might have been mistyped, but how can I tell if this time it wasn't another mistype?
I see Enneagram as a self discovery tool, it is most helpful if you are correctly typed however it's all discovery so if your current typing encourages deeper insight then it doesn't matter so much if it's wrong, especially not when talking fixes as opposed to core type. Keep reading, keep introspecting, if it's wrong then you'll find it has limited or no use to you over time.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
What can change, and I think often does, is what you have come to see in yourself. It's up to you to determine how genuine your perceptions are, but if you are honest with yourself, work on self-discovery and pay attention you will see or figure out for yourself what is real.

Theoretically, 654 would not be possible because it contains two mind core types. The point of a tritype is to elucidate how you deal with the issues at each core, and that idea excludes a gut core and implies that you have two existential mind problems - difficult for that to really be the case within the same substance. But 629 is possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts