Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time I have been thinking that I am INTP and then, after many type-doubts, I have finally figured out that I am ISFP and I completely sure in it.

However, I wonder is there possibility that I actually was INTP during that time and then changed to ISFP, or I was always ISFP, but haven't always known it?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Question, were you a lot younger when you thought you were an INTP? As in, a teenager?

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
No. You change, not how you think.

Reactions: AW10

·
Registered
449 Posts
As a teenager, let me put my perspective into this.

As of now, I consider myself an INTP and for the most part, it resonates very well. I could say that for awhile I was a textbook stereotypical INTP. I was shy, cold and lazy as hell. I had so much apathy towards everything it baffles me today. I got older though, and now and days I can be quite gregarious, and I can go up to someone no problem if there was a good reason for it, or if the environment is suitable.

Also, I have developed a sense of sympathy with everyone. My (supposed) Ti-Fe kinda battle each other though, one side is saying that I should try to maintain harmony at all costs and make sure everyone is happy so I'm not bewildered. Another side says that this is the truth due to the analysis of the situation, and the facts from there say that this is the best course of action to take. It's very uncomfortable, and a lot of the time either side will win pretty equally. In fact, this is why I considered myself to be an INFJ in the past, since the Fe-Ti are more closer in the stack so it would make more sense that they would interact with each other more. That, and that I tend to agree with both Ne and Ni being strong in me, and that Se is definitely a weak spot for me, but that's just through my internal observation.

I could see me end up being some sort of Fe-dom in the future, maybe INFJ, maybe ISFJ (even though I'm pretty sure I'm a strong intuitive, to the point it's crippling.) So I do believe that your personality can very well change during adolescence. I've seen personalities change a lot with those that I am school now and I think that I could very well be transitioning as we speak. We are just going to have to live and then see what happens, I suppose. Till then, your an ISFP, and im an INTP. Woop woop.

P.S, I got to say, INTP to ISFP? That's quite interesting. There complete opposites of each other in a function sense. I'm not doubting, it just a bit of food for the mind is all.

Reactions: AW10

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S, I got to say, INTP to ISFP? That's quite interesting. There complete opposites of each other in a function sense. I'm not doubting, it just a bit of food for the mind is all.
That's what I was trying to figure out.

Well, I feel like that three years ago, when I was considering myself to be INTP, everyone has been seeing as some kind of a geek and I have actually considered myself to be one. However, some things haven't really fit:

• I have always been very emotionally involved in my interactions with other people, although I have been seeing it as a bad thing back then and tried to repress it.
  • Something about my intuition part hasn't add up. I don't connect things naturally. Information has to be presented to me in a perfect precision to me to understand it, or even better, presented visually.
  • More, I have never liked any scientific truth that doesn't suit my values and desires, if Einstein was like that, I don't think he will discover half of the things he has discovered.

·
Spam-I-am
14,076 Posts
yes, the functions even out over time
once i turned 50 i became far less anal and more accepting of others
i am far more relaxed now then i was 10-20 years ago
everything makes sense now

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
I think type can change for several reasons. The first reason is that I personally believe you are the same soul at your core, but your mindset can completely change, either by will or by cirumstances. The second reason, the circumstances can radically, all of a sudden, change your way of thinking and seeing the world if something traumatic happens, or something else happens where you are forced to change yourself in order to survive. The third reason is that I think our minds are too complicated and diverse to ever stay the same in how we think, analyze, feel and see things. We can all change. Some people say you will always stay the same deep inside, and maybe you will, but behaviour and personality traits in general can always change. This is why I also don't truly believe anyone can be any type at all - we can only classify ourselves as a type, but we can never be the type. The fourth reason is close to the third reason; we will always discover new parts of ourselves which can change our lives.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The thing I don't like about this place is that the majority of the users are teenagers.

Ask yourself, fuck they know about this shit?

Nothing, they are still developing and just as lost as anybody.

"I'm 15 and X and therefor Y."
"I am, because I think"
"Therefor I am correct."
........... 1-3 years later.
"I know how this shit works now. I studied it. Therefor I can answer shit too."

Young'uns you are mentally underdeveloped. YOUR BRAIN is NOT DEVELOPED BEFORE YOUR MID 20's.

ISFP.... INTP. WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THATS LIKE APPLES AND ORANGES. TOOOTALLY DIFFERENT.

IN YOUR TEENS. YOU ARE EMOTIONALLY FCKED. THEREFOR ONE MINUTE YOU CAN BE STEPHEN HAWKING ONE MOMENT, AND HAVE AN EMOTIONAL MOMENT THE NEXT. FACK, IM ISFP OR INTP? I'M SO CALM OTHERWISE. PerC IM ISFP OR INTP?

You learn to control your emotions, thoughts, you develop as you age.

SO YES

YOUR ASSUMED MBTI TYPE WILL CHANGE.

AS YOU GET OLDER. for some. Like you.

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ISFP.... INTP. WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THATS LIKE APPLES AND ORANGES. TOOOTALLY DIFFERENT.

IN YOUR TEENS. YOU ARE EMOTIONALLY FCKED. THEREFOR ONE MINUTE YOU CAN BE STEPHEN HAWKING ONE MOMENT, AND HAVE AN EMOTIONAL MOMENT THE NEXT. FACK, IM ISFP OR INTP? I'M SO CALM OTHERWISE. PerC IM ISFP OR INTP?
I know that those are totally different types. However, three years ago I have always been getting INTP on personality tests and I haven't even know those 8 cognitive functions behind MBTI.

However, now when I know those cognitive functions I know that I imply couldn't ever be Ti-dom if I was always rejecting every part of science that doesn't suits my desires and values.

More, three years ago I have been repressing my emotions because of, for me, still unknown reasons. However, only after I stopped repressing my emotions I have start noticing that INTP doesn't feel right to me.

Also, even if I am not ISFP, my life is so much better and so much enjoyable and makes so much sense when I am considering myself to be ISFP, so better then consider myself to be ISFP than INTP.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
No, I think it's more that your functions have developed rather than changed.
But it's far more likely you were mistyped before, sometimes people can confuse Fi and Ti.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know that those are totally different types. However, three years ago I have always been getting INTP on personality tests and I haven't even know those 8 cognitive functions behind MBTI.

However, now when I know those cognitive functions I know that I imply couldn't ever be Ti-dom if I was always rejecting every part of science that doesn't suits my desires and values.

More, three years ago I have been repressing my emotions because of, for me, still unknown reasons. However, only after I stopped repressing my emotions I have start noticing that INTP doesn't feel right to me.

Also, even if I am not ISFP, my life is so much better and so much enjoyable and makes so much sense when I am considering myself to be ISFP, so better then consider myself to be ISFP than INTP.
When you are in your teens, all everyone want is to fit in somewhere. Everyone is thinking this at that age, in some form or another.
Even those that don't act like/want to, do.
That's what being a teenager is about. Learning, growing and understanding your own identity, as you are doing now.

What you must understand, is that your brain is developing, much like your body has been. Just much slower.
So what feels right for you now, isn't necessarily what will be right. It's like being 5 and wondering if you will be over 6.5 ft tall or not, how would you know that at 5 years old, you wouldn't you could only speculate. As you do, now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.