Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about any of you guys, but my Si is now very developed.
I'dd like to say that I'm more kinaesthetically smart now.
Im very aware of what I put in my body so I generally eat well I do lots of stretching and small exercise especially in my hands because I've noticed I can play guitar better if my hands are warmed up and flexible.
Im sanitary myself (not things around me) mainly because I will feel grossed out if theres anything on me.
Also very aware of the effects of drugs when there in my system and just my system in general.

I wasn't the way I am now before I started smoking weeds.
I think that since weed hits you right away you can notice a change in yourself and it brings you into yourself a bit more.
I would like to get high and go do things that I did sober when I started smoking and I think that go me used to using Si in my life more.

But maybe thats just the way that it effects me?

I can say that my Se is defiantly none existent high.
Ti slows down (can be a good thing) and Ne, Fe and Ni pick up.

What do you guys think? Are any of your Si developed? Whats it like? Do you notice more Si if you smoke weed?

:tongue:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by Si (don't spend a whole lot of time on these forums), but I do believe weed makes me more myself, more absent minded, more thoughtful, I guess I can analyse things better when I'm high, remember Carl Sagan was a cannabis smoker, he once said:

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

I honestly believe that I am a wiser person than I was before I began smoking it, I am willing to consider concepts for much longer than I would otherwise, and hence gain more insight, when you think about it, we are stereo typical absent minded professors, taking a drug that makes you more absent minded, so yes I would agree it makes you more yourself :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mmmm, cannabis is my favorite drug.

I find that weed has very paradoxical effects on my thoughts. It can make me incredibly anxious, or it can help me to relax in a way that I never did before smoking. It can help me to focus without feeling as though my thoughts are flying all over the place, but it also makes me forget what I was just thinking. It can make me feel more loving and connected with the people around me, or it can make me more introverted. Most relevant to this thread, it can make me feel 'one' with what is going on around me, appreciating the here-and-now, or it can make me more introspective, intuitive, and contemplative (but cut-off).

Mostly though, it just makes the world go round. I can't imagine what life must be like for people who don't have access to it. :(

Reactions: Dashing

·
Banned
1,958 Posts

My Si is somewhat developed but I don't really see the need or point of smoking weed. To each their own I guess. I mostly just like the remixes.

·
Banned
701 Posts
I rely to some of what @Bahburah said but with alcohol abuse. Definitely the Ne-Si taking over with Ti as backup. There's no permanent effect though, only when I'm drunk.

When this happens everything around me reminds me about something I've actknowledged before, followed by the Ne insight and then the Ti analysis. I feel much more productive and efficient with my functions than sober.

Actually I'm willing to try weed sober because when I'm already intoxicated the only change I notice is hilarity. I'd have to use a home-made bong though, I hate the sensation of warm smoke burning my throat.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I find the effect to be like a slower and more effective caffeine: burst of energy caused by more interest, making it easier to get on top of things, but the intuitive flow to not pick things apart and make them so discrete that I lose the big picture.

·
Banned
174 Posts
YES it developes Si, ive seen that by many people !

it improves it even when you stop smoking it will always be there !

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
No thanks. I want no part of any substance that takes me out of my right mind unless I am in extreme pain. That said I am for the legalization of MJ for medical purposes because studies do show that it helps alleviate pain and loss of appetite. And I can care less what other people do for recreation as long as they don't endanger other people (like people who drink alcohol and get behind the wheel). But as for me, myself, and I, I don't want mind-altering substances for medical or recreational purposes unless I absolutely need them. I prefer to be in complete control of myself and my cognition. even when I get an operation, I don't take the drugs after the operation unless I need to. If I have slight pain, I'll try IbuProfen first. So far, I have never had to use prescribed painkillers.

Obviously, every one has a different pain-threshold thing. So I am not against the use of painkillers (including substances like marijuana being used for pain), just a personal choice for myself. I have to be in control of my mind if I can be. My prefrontal cortex (or just frontal cortex) must reign over the rest of my brain.

·
Registered
330 Posts
No thanks. I want no part of any substance that takes me out of my right mind unless I am in extreme pain. That said I am for the legalization of MJ for medical purposes because studies do show that it helps alleviate pain and loss of appetite. And I can care less what other people do for recreation as long as they don't endanger other people (like people who drink alcohol and get behind the wheel). But as for me, myself, and I, I don't want mind-altering substances for medical or recreational purposes unless I absolutely need them. I prefer to be in complete control of myself and my cognition. even when I get an operation, I don't take the drugs after the operation unless I need to. If I have slight pain, I'll try IbuProfen first. So far, I have never had to use prescribed painkillers.

Obviously, every one has a different pain-threshold thing. So I am not against the use of painkillers (including substances like marijuana being used for pain), just a personal choice for myself. I have to be in control of my mind if I can be. My prefrontal cortex (or just frontal cortex) must reign over the rest of my brain.
How old are you?

·
Registered
330 Posts
22... why? was my comment immature or something.
No, I just used to have the same mentality when I was younger. I wound up trying it though and I absolutely loved it. In moderation it's great, my ability to think isn't diminished and I see more comparisons. If I smoke too much though it's awful. Kinda like a rollercoaster in that it's fun at first, midway through I want it to be over, and after it's over I want back on. Then again I'm kinda an experience junky so...

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
No, I just used to have the same mentality when I was younger. I wound up trying it though and I absolutely loved it. In moderation it's great, my ability to think isn't diminished and I see more comparisons. If I smoke too much though it's awful. Kinda like a rollercoaster in that it's fun at first, midway through I want it to be over, and after it's over I want back on. Then again I'm kinda an experience junky so...
I am not ignorant of its effects. I have never experienced on myself. By I have witnessed others smoking marijuana and I honestly can say that, I am not impressed. No argument, the people smoking think they are more lucid and intelligent or whatever. But I standing there, "what a bunch of idiots." I don't remember what they were saying. But their "extroadinary" thoughts... they were just a bunch of idiots. That's not a place I want to be.
lol. I remember walking into my dorm one night. and I went into my room and I heard a male giggling from the bathroom. That freaked me out a little. But even worse was the second giggle or voice of another guy. I had no idea they were smoking pot. I was like, omg. What are my roommates doing in a closed bathroom together... giggling. I was relieved when they came out and I smelled the MJ. But I was like, I don't care what ya'll do, but do it in the other bathroom, not the one I have to use, because it stunk. (there were two bathrooms in the dorm. Seeing them after their trip (or whatever) only strengthened my opinion. I don't want to be in that condition. Btw, I don't drink either ;)

but like I said. I don't care if people want to smoke. As long as they don't hurt me or anyone else. If my roommates at smoked in the other bathroom (that was only being used by one of the smokers), I would never have said anything to them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm probably just too neurotic for cannabis– but if there's one thing I love it for it's music. I'm a huge music nerd and often times if I'm trying to get into some music that's really different or inaccessible and I just can't wrap my head around it then cannabis tends to help. I can really just become fully immersed in the atmosphere, the form, the style, the meaning etc. and discover the whole from the sum of the parts. Not that I can't do that sober, but it's different– it's easier for it to just hit you all at once and inspire the kind of awe that great art should inspire (if we all weren't desensitized computer junkies).

·
Registered
626 Posts
I am not ignorant of its effects. I have never experienced on myself. By I have witnessed others smoking marijuana and I honestly can say that, I am not impressed. No argument, the people smoking think they are more lucid and intelligent or whatever. But I standing there, "what a bunch of idiots." I don't remember what they were saying. But their "extroadinary" thoughts... they were just a bunch of idiots. That's not a place I want to be.
lol. I remember walking into my dorm one night. and I went into my room and I heard a male giggling from the bathroom. That freaked me out a little. But even worse was the second giggle or voice of another guy. I had no idea they were smoking pot. I was like, omg. What are my roommates doing in a closed bathroom together... giggling. I was relieved when they came out and I smelled the MJ. But I was like, I don't care what ya'll do, but do it in the other bathroom, not the one I have to use, because it stunk. (there were two bathrooms in the dorm. Seeing them after their trip (or whatever) only strengthened my opinion. I don't want to be in that condition. Btw, I don't drink either ;)

but like I said. I don't care if people want to smoke. As long as they don't hurt me or anyone else. If my roommates at smoked in the other bathroom (that was only being used by one of the smokers), I would never have said anything to them.
I admire your strength of willpower and personal resolve. Though I'm not much of a smoker myself and I have no intention of encouraging you to try it, I can't help but offer my experience here: that frankly, other people(especially more extraverted people)'s profound thoughts (particularly those that surface with hallucinogenics) are rarely impressive whether I'm stoned too or not. But mine are ;)

(by that I mean that what you despise in their behavior in this state may have more to do with how they personally react to the experience than with the drug itself and also that it might be unwise to dismiss something that is fundamentally subjective based on objective observation– objectively, day dreaming looks like the definition of boredom, subjectively it's a synonym of bliss)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I admire your strength of willpower and personal resolve. Though I'm not much of a smoker myself and I have no intention of encouraging you to try it, I can't help but offer my experience here: that frankly, other people(especially more extraverted people)'s profound thoughts (particularly those that surface with hallucinogenics) are rarely impressive whether I'm stoned too or not. But mine are ;)

(by that I mean that what you despise in their behavior in this state may have more to do with how they personally react to the experience than with the drug itself and also that it might be unwise to dismiss something that is fundamentally subjective based on objective observation– objectively, day dreaming looks like the definition of boredom, subjectively it's a synonym of bliss)
Whoa whoa what is with the extravert hate? Granted I tend to verbalize whatever comes to mind rather than fleshing out all the details but, I can get some damn good insights while on it.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts

I see your point, but what I didn't say (and I didn't think I needed to at the time) was that the people I witnessed that were high, I considered to be intelligent. One was in a Physics class, the dude was genius. I don't know. Maybe the greatest idea when you're high are not the ones you say..? but the stuff he was saying... Anyways, day dreaming is lost on me. Maybe I don't know how to day dream?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Whoa whoa what is with the extravert hate? Granted I tend to verbalize whatever comes to mind rather than fleshing out all the details but, I can get some damn good insights while on it.
Lol, I originally had a disclaimer paragraph to prevent this kind of misunderstanding but I thought it was too bulky or awkward so I deleted it. I probably should have left that parenthetical out all together but I meant no disrespect. You're right and I just meant that in my experience when people get stoned and start going into some deep thinking it's more often stuff that I think about sober, but they're often blown away by these thoughts while I'm unimpressed because they're sort of familiar (I think about this stuff alot which they only get excited about when high, or on other rare occasions). It's not that it's only extraverts who do this but none of the extraverts I know personally are deeply interested in philosophy though and, if I may be so bold, you all talk a lot. So this kind of leads to this situation more often with extraverted people rather than introverted people, at least for me. grandpa2390 being an intp, I thought it might be relevant to his experience too. I didn't mean to over-generalize my experiences on to all extraverts or make any kind of serious judgement about differences between introverts and extroverts.

Also I have had some great philosophical discussions with extraverts and I don't mean to imply that you all are philosophically deficient or anything like that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts